LIKE - www.facebook.com/tdhstudiosSUBSCRIBEINSTA - TDH STUDIOSBEAT BY PEZ OTB If you call our customer service department for assistance, this number makes it easier The Spirit Mic may look like a piece of modern art, however aesthetics are only part of the story. Aston is a UK-based company that manufactures high-quality yet competitively priced condenser mics suitable for a wide range of applications, including on drums. Free shipping for many products! Aston quote the nominal sensitivity in the active mode as 150mV/Pa, which is a lot, but again there is a variation of 8dB or so depending on the tone setting. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments, and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Skill-wise, I'm somewhere between an amateur and an intermediate level engineer, so my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments … Aston Spirit The Aston Spirit is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilising a one inch, dual diaphragm, gold evaporated capsule. Our microphones are not only exceptional recording tools and multiple award-winning products, delivering vocal and instrument recording to rival the very best in the world, but works of engineering art. Aston microphone products are manufactured in the UK and undergo rigorous testing and quality control. Aston microphone products are designed and manufactured in the UK and undergo rigorous testing and quality control. I bought the Aston Spirit because I was working on an album with a reggae band and my normal go to vocal mic took a crap on me. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Aston Global Spirit Manuals Manuals and User Guides for Aston Global Spirit. I am a multi instrumentalist that plays drums, guitar, piano and sing. Listening Tests: Aston Spirit. Read more about The Aston Sound. In fact, very similar to the sound of SE mics, which isnt surprizing considering the companys history. 1. Once I get my u87 fixed I am going to do a shoot out between the aston, slate vms, u87. Aston mics - Used by the stars, priced for everyone. I haven't compared this mic with any others yet but I can tell you with certainty that the Aston is a great sounding mic and if some one didn't tell you before that it was only 400 dollars you would think you're holding a 3000$ mic. The SwiftShield combo is the perfect partner for getting the ultimate performance from your Spirit (and it looks awesome too!). The Spirit represents one of the biggest engineering advancements in the microphone industry in decades. I needed a new vocal mic and fast. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or figure-of-eight polar patterns. Aston is a newish company, it's team has extensive experience in the pro audio field, and it's stated ethos is to bring new and unique products to a crowded generic market. 99. 0 users rated this 2 out of 5 stars 0. Trio choose Aston Spirits as overheads. The mic being bigger and heavier, it caused us a bit of trouble positioning it horizontally, and I can definitely see it causing cheaper boom stands to droop. The capsule for instance sounds very chinese to me. We'd factor in the expense of a shockmount, like the Aston USM, to get the most out of the Spirit. The Aston Spirit has our signature wave-form spring head. As standard every Spirit comes with a built in pop filter and internal shock mounting system which elevates the performance bar compared to other mics. Many of Aston Martin's most beautiful cars have worn a DB model name, starting officially with the DB2 in 1950. 12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. you get a nicely designed body and sound thats decent for the price. $449.99 $ 449. Guitarist Gerry Leonard talks David Bowie, Suzanne Vega and Aston mics, The Belfast buzz - Brand New Friend's Taylor Johnson. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Aston Spirit Condenser Microphone at the best online prices at eBay! In many applications you can use the Spirit just as it is, but if you want to get the best results possible, and style your mic to look the mutts nuts in your studio environment, then the Aston SwiftShield takes things to a whole new performance level. Producer Adrian Hall - from Shoeps to Starlights... My Baby using our babies! Aston has become synonymous for innovative and emotive design. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won’t rust with use, and can even be removed and washed. A trio of cost-effective condensers designed to capture smooth, natural sounds. Picked up drums and guitar a year or two later. REGISTER YOUR ASTON PRODUCT HERE FOR YOUR EXTENDED 3 YEAR, FREE REPLACEMENT, WARRANTY & TO JOIN OUR EXCLUSIVE OWNERS CLUB. £309.00. There is a lot of subjective talk about ‘this mic for this application… the perfect vocal mic, the perfect instrument mic etc’ … yes, sometimes that can be the case, but mostly this is just manufacturers trying to make the easy sale. 0 users rated this 2 out of 5 stars 0. $579. Read user reviews for Aston Microphones Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone and see over 325,000 product reviews at zZounds.com. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and our brand mantra… ‘The Art of Audio’, A superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry, Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to the capsule voltage bias, Novel non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/ clear audio output. Session drummer Emily Dolan Davies discusses Aston mics, Bono and Arsene Wenger... LA producer, engineer and musician Thom Monahan joins the Aston family, Jazz legend George Benson on board with Aston microphones, Scoring with Stealth - Composer, Producer and Musician Dave Anson, Touring with LOUD bands and Aston mics - FOH engineer Jeremy Snyder. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built in thread and interchangeable thread adapter with outstandingly low handling noise. If you already own an Aston mic, you’ve already experienced the exquisite attention to detail throughout, as well as the incredible performance. you get a nicely designed body and sound thats decent for the price. Aston’s range currently comprises two models — the Origin, reviewed here, and the Spirit — both of which have exactly the same physical construction, other than that the multi-pattern Spirit has a longer body. This is an excellent microphone, and I don't just mean in the usual "this is excellent for the money" sort of way. Page 8 Aston Spirit The Aston Spirit is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilising a one inch (1”) gold evaporated capsule. 3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Tell someone, ‘this is ideal for guitar recording’ and they’ll migrate to that product. With that said it has performed beyond expectations so that is my review, its pretty sweet. The Aston SPIRIT is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilizing a 1” gold evaporated capsule. The transformer is a toroidal model of Aston’s own design. Aston have been very clever with the way they integrated the stand mount into the baseplate of the microphone, and that works for some scenarios, but I'm not really excited about having to buy their $120 shockmount just so I can tilt the mic (the Sprit has a built-in shockmount, so an external one isn't totally necessary). However the aston SPIRIT sounds much better to me. Aston Microphones Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones. We have put our hearts and minds into creating the most beautiful performance pieces possible with each Aston product. It sounds, well, just like you do. Northern Tigers won 6 direct matches.Spirit FC won 5 matches.4 matches ended in a draw.On average in direct matches both teams scored a 3.40 goals per Match. $499.00 $ 499. Did you? Did you. If you want one of the most professional sounds out there, Spirit is your mic. Like the Origin, the Spirit is designed, built and tested here in the UK, and combines selected third-party … Aston’s latest microphone is a versatile dynamic. For comparison, a high-output capacitor mic, like the Sennheiser MKH40, is typically around 25mV/Pa, so the active Stealth is between 12 and 18dB louder than that! The mic feels like a quality mic, its got weight to it, not a light plastic feel, and the brushed steel finish with the custom steel mesh around the capsule makes it easy on the eyes. 3. Aston Martin team principal Otmar Szafnauer sees no reason why Lance Stroll cannot "take the fight" to Sebastian Vettel this season.. After opting to ditch Sergio Perez, Aston Martin has put its faith in four-time champion Vettel to launch the team's new era, but with many wondering if the 33-year-old still has the pace, skill and hunger to succeed after a demoralising end to his time … Now I'm not one to buy before I try but since the mic was only 399 and zZounds has a great return policy I decided what the heck, I mean every review I had read up to that point only had good things to say about the mic. MY ASTON. and shure sm7b and see how they compare! This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to. "Aston Spirit Review by Michael Snoody". ... A range of audio files are available at this link for the Gearslutz Aston Spirit review and also on the accompanying video. This is a … and featuring a unique Sorbothane internal shock mount system and Aston’s legendary build quality, we reckon Stealth … high-performance switchable pattern microphone utilising a 1” gold evaporated capsule This is thanks to features like the unique mesh head which, if subjected to a drop or ding, will simply fold up … Been playing bass for 14 years. If you’re just looking for something for vocals, the Origin is everything you’ll need, but if you do want a little more flexibility, the Spirit is a great choice. ... 0 users rated this 4 out of 5 stars 0. Aston quote the nominal sensitivity in the active mode as 150mV/Pa, which is a lot, but again there is a variation of 8dB or so depending on the tone setting. It’s transformer based circuit gives oodles of headroom, which means more ‘air’ and ‘space’ to the sound, and an incredible amount of detail and harmonic content. Spirit is a superb all-rounder mic, delivering a stunningly transparent vocal sound, yet equally suited to recording pretty much any instrument. £309.00. 1. Simple, but incredibly well engineered, and perfect for everyone from budding singer-songwriters to seasoned industry pros. The Spirit can be considered our ‘pro’ mic option, simply because of its revealing and incredibly polished sound. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. A temporary customer reference number is assigned to each customer only while they are shopping on In the unlikely event that there is a manufacturing defect, we will replace it free of charge. Shop by category. Did you? 2. With switchable omni/cardioid/figure-8 pickup patterns, the Aston Spirit is a workhorse condenser mic, delivering detailed sound without high-end harshness. We have 1 Aston Global Spirit manual available for free PDF download: Owner's Handbook Manual . 3. Aston Microphones created quite a splash with their fixed-cardioid Origin microphone, and now they’ve followed up with the multi-pattern Spirit. 4.7 out of 5 stars 4. First I ordered the slate VMS mic because I had heard many good things about it but the problem was it was on back order for weeks and I didn't have time to wait, so I went on zZounds and found the Aston spirit. Free shipping for many products! Aston Microphones Spirit Black Bundle. Northern Tigers in actual season average scored goals per match. 84 customers have given this product a 5-star rating. Skip to main content. The Aston Spirit is a high-performance switchable pattern microphone utilising a 1” gold evaporated capsule. So far, I'm not disappointed. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. When it comes to packaging we believe simplicity is king. When I ordered this microphone I had already done extensive research and did the whole youtube reviews, blogs, different company websites. Been recording for around two years. 1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Aston Origin, Spirit, and Starlight Microphones. Only 4 left in stock - order soon. 00. ... Aston Spirit Condenser Microphone with Aston SwiftShield . The random weave allows sound to pass while drastically eliminating unwanted plosives at source. One small caveat for me is the lack of a tiltable microphone mount. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. In 2015, Aston Microphones emerged and introduced a new level of studio recording product for home and pro users. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Aston Spirit Condenser Microphone at the best online prices at eBay! However the aston SPIRIT sounds much better to me. I also produce, engineer and mix all sorts of music. The Shield SM, clips on and off the Swift mount quickly and easily when switching between vocal and instrument applications. 108 Customer Ratings. Most good condenser microphones will be equally at home on vocals and various instruments. Troy Antunes (Anastacia, Justin Timberlake), Chris Porter, Producer (David Bowie, Wham!, Thin Lizzy), John Cornfield (Robert Plant, Oasis, Muse), Dave Pemberton (Kasabian, The Prodigy, Orbital, Groove Armada), Our mics are developed by a panel of top industry professionals… Producers, Engineers and Artists…, Unique design provides shock absorption to protect capsule, with elastic memory…, The Spirit uses the latest in stainless steel mesh-knit technology to dramatically reduce vocal plosives…, Proprietary end cap design and ultimate capsule-chassis isolation means the Spirit can be direct-to-stand mounted with virtually no handling noise…, 2mm solid stainless steel laser cut and etched body…, Aston uses only market leading electronic components, coupled with cutting edge, original electronic design…, No unnecessary frills, just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging…, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Debbie Harry, Robbie Williams, Dido, Richard Ashcroft, Johnny Hallyday, The Europeans, Joan Armatrading, Robert Palmer, Paul Rodgers, Mike Scott, Killing Joke, Climie Fisher, Thompson Twins, The Waterboys, Liam Bailey, Freestylers, Alexander Wolfe, Dakota, The Sea & I, Harry Oakwood & The Millionaires, White Tail Falls, Thomas Leeb, Chris Keys, Runabay, Amanda St.John, Cormac Neeson, Lee Rogers, Leah McFall, BCC Publishing, Notting Hill publishing, PGI Publishing, George Michael/Wham!, David Bowie, Simple Minds, Thin Lizzy, Take That, Chris de Burgh and many, many more, Guitar Interactive Magazine - Spirit Review, MikeDolbear.com Aston Starlight & Spirit review, Audio Media International - Spirit Review, Both Sides of the Booth - Episode 3: Strings, Mic'ing Brass - Both Sides of the Booth - Episode 2, Andertons Music - Interview with Aston Owner, James Young, Super Versatile Microphones - Rabea Massaad, Connor Lawlor Performs "Back to You" - Gear4Music, Kathryn O'Shea performs stunning song 'Sunflower' with an Aston Spirit, Robbie Williams and Tyson Fury record Christmas hit on the Aston Spirit. 4. Combined with Aston’s internal shock absorbing system, the Swift gives supreme performance in seconds. The Aston Spirit has our signature wave-form mesh head. Teams Northern Tigers Spirit FC played so far 15 matches. I believe OnStage makes a mic-tilt attachment that's something in the neighborhood of $10. Aston Microphones Starlight Pair. Like the Origin, the Spirit is designed, built and tested here in the UK, and combines selected third-party … For Vocals it has a nice bright sound but not overly sibilant. It’s a big, expensive-sounding mic that will allow you to get the very best results possible from any recording. The Aston SPIRIT is a high-performance, switchable pattern, microphone utilizing a 1” gold evaporated capsule. There are no mass-produced paint job finishes here… instead, each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, extremely beautiful, finish. So, If you’re looking for a really good all-rounder, which will make your playing, or your singing, sound incredibly natural and true and easy to manage in the mix, then the Origin is the mic for you. Stealth. In fact, very similar to the sound of SE mics, which isnt surprizing considering the companys history. €368.91. Aston’s vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or figure-of-eight polar patterns. Right from the start of ‘project Aston’, we engaged with some of the top audio professionals in the industry to create a development panel to be our ears, while we focussed on perfecting every tiny detail in our mics, to finally produce what we believe to be the very best products in their class.