All that being said, I do think the size and weight of the Mini Griptilian make it a great EDC option just like the Bugout…, The clip on the Bugout sets you up for tip up carry only, and you can swap it over to either side of the knife…, Personally, I prefer tip down carry, but I’m ok with tip up carry if I like the knife design and that’s the only option available (and I like the Bugout’s overall design)…, I also really like that the clip is swappable to either side of the knife because it gives you a little bit of flexibility over your clip position and allows you to optimize the clip for left handed or right handed carry…, In addition to that, the Bugout features a deep carry clip. The Mini Bugout is a smaller version of the already great Bugout. The Benchmade Bugout is light, simple, and perfect for backpacking. This will also work with the Benchmade Mini Bugout 533. Whether you need to dig a fire pit, make a trench, dig for shelter, or use for self-defense, a mini shovel will prove to be invaluable in many disaster situations. The Bugout is smaller than the full size Griptilian and 940, but larger than the Mini Griptilian. Some of the reasons I personally prefer the Bugout over the Mini Grip include the longer blade length at 3.25” vs 2.91”, the blade shape lending itself better for slicing, the weight reduction, and the awesome short carry clip. Benchmade Bugout Mini If you live in a state with strict knife laws that require a blade under 3”, let’s take a look at the recently-released Mini Bugout. Shop the Mini Bugout below! Available in two different colorways, the Mini Bugout maintains the same material configuration as its full-sized counterparts in a 1.5 oz package. Toggle navigation. The Bugout has a very traditional drop point blade. Both the Bugout and the Mini Griptilian utilize the AXIS Lock locking mechanism. All four knives have a Personally, the Mini Bugout gets the nod over the Mini Griptilian. But even though the S30V is better, the Mini Griptilian’s 154CM steel is still pretty high quality. Blade centering is off by a hair, but still acceptable in my book. Les couteaux de poche Benchmade Bugout sont légers comme une plume. Perfectly sized between the Griptilian and Mini-Griptilian, with a shorter, but deep carry pocket clip. Incredible really. ], Spyderco Native 5 Vs Para 3 [Which Knife Is Better For You? The Benchmade Bugout is light, simple, and perfect for backpacking. The bugout is smaller than the full size griptillian. The only two folding knives I own are the Bugout and a full size Grip. Compared to my Buck Vantage Force also in s30v steel, the Bugout comes in at 1/3 of the weight. The Benchmade Mini Griptilian is actually a scaled down version of the incredibly popular Benchmade Griptilian…, And like the Griptilian, the Mini uses some pretty high quality materials. It’s only half an ounce heavier than the revered Dragonfly 2, but it packs an extra inch in blade and almost 2 inches of overall length. In one word, these are two very different knives despite their similar sizes and which one is better totally depends on your preference and usage scenarios. So it fills my hand in a friendlier fashion. While we encourage you to share the information and articles on this site through links, we require written permission for full reprints, publication, and use. BY PURCHASING YOU ARE STATING IT IS LEGAL TO OWN IN YOUR AREA AND YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO PURCHASE Benchmade Mini Bugout purchased new and rarely used. The fresh coat isn’t just for show, however, as the 535BK-2 leverages Benchmade’s new CF-Elite handle technology. Like the Bugout, the Mini Griptilian has a drop point blade (at least the most common version does). Benchmade Mini Bugout Review – Final Thoughts. As someone who often finds a lot of stuff in my pockets at the end of the day, a sub 2 oz. There are currently two models available in the 533 Mini Bugout. Don't have a Mini Cr but they definitely have that old classy look. When it comes to the Bugout, you need one. It does a good job of resisting rust and maintaining an edge, but the CPM S30V blade steel on the Bugout will hold an edge longer…, That being said, it’s still a high quality blade, especially for a small utility knife like the Mini Griptilian. The Mini Bugout sees one new addition, too. Spyderco Tenacious Vs Persistence [Which Knife Is Better For You? All that goodness is wrapped up in one small, pocket friendly package. 533 Mini Bugout the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the new 533 Mini Bugout. The Mini Bugout White features textured white Grivory handles and a black DLC coated blade. If … And with the introduction of the blacked-out 535BK-2 version, it gets lighter and tougher. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Blade Steel And Materials…. ], The Best EDC Knives Under 100 Dollars (Top 3)…, The Best EDC Knives Under 200 Dollars (Top 3)…, The Best EDC Knives Under 50 Dollars (Top 3)…. I find myself carrying the Bugout more in the summer when wearing shorts or joggers because of the light weight while the presidio is carried more when wearing pants and in cooler weather. Like the full-size Benchmade Bugout before it, the Mini will soon be available with upgraded CF-Elite scales, which is an advanced plastic material reinforced with carbon fiber. Use both all the time. It is thin enough not to ‘print’ through your clothes easily. In the 1938-9 Works Progress Administration interview with knifemaker William Dunbar, he shows the interviewer, “…two miniature knives the smallest not longer than three quarters of an inch long, pearl handled, faithful replicas in every detail of the large models.” The Mini Bugout is significantly bigger than 0.75”. Like I mentioned earlier, the Mini Griptilian is a scaled-down version of the original Griptilian, and it was really created to be an even smaller EDC option than the Bugout…, Now the Blade Length on the Mini Griptilian measures in at 2.91 inches long, and the handle measures in at 3.87 inches long…, That brings the overall length of the Mini Griptilian to 6.78 inches long when the blade is fully deployed. The Mini Bugout just hit retailer’s shelves recently, and as one would imagine, it’s a slightly smaller version of the standard Bugout. It is indeed a smaller version of a larger model, but with a closed length of about 3.7” it’s not a miniature knife. Most people will say something small (but not too small) and lightweight…, After all, it’s really annoying to have a chunky knife taking up space in your pocket and weighing you down all day…, Of course, I agree with most people, I want a compact and lightweight knife for everyday carry but it can’t be too small because that’ll make me feel like I don’t have enough knife…. ], Benchmade Bugout Vs 940 [Which Is The Right Knife For You? The Mini-Bugout I had was disappointing as it was off center and just mediocre in hand, that's a quality control issue but it soured me off of those. Mar 29, 2018 #8 luke86 817 This keeps with the “minimalist” concept and is surprisingly The high end Mini Grip is probably too expensive for mainstream folks. knifenewsroom.com is the place to find information about cutlery of all kinds. The result of overwhelming feedback, the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the new Benchmade® 533 Mini Bugout.

The Bugout™ was designed for the modern outdoor adventurer, incorporating the lightest, best performing materials in an extremely slim yet ergonomic package. As with all children's products, adult supervision is required. The Mini Bugout relies on its Grivory handle scales and, for structure, two well-placed, anodized stand-offs, as well as two stainless steel plates around the pivot screw. Bugout definition, a hasty retreat from combat, especially in defiance of orders. The new 533BK-2 doubles down on its reputation as an ultralight blade that vanishes in the pocket. Just as with the Bugout, the Mini Griptilian comes with the Life Sharp service, which again is something I really like…, And the handle is also made from glass filled nylon (grivory). It has black anodized thumbstuds and black hardware. In addition to that, the Bugout can be had with either a plain edge or a serrated edge…, Benchmade’s serrated edge is really a combination edge with the top half of the blade being a plain edge and the lower half being serrated…, Personally, I prefer the plain edge version because it’s just easier to sharpen, but I know there are a lot of guys out there who really like serrated blades and I’m glad that Benchmade gives you that option…, You can also get the Bugout with a satin finished blade or with a black coated blade, and the thumb stud allows you to quickly and easily open the blade with one hand…, Now like I mentioned earlier, the handle is made from glass filled nylon which is extremely lightweight. And here, the herd, the part of it that praises the Bugout, is absolutely correct. But mini bugout will be significantly lighter and has a better fidget factor due to the Axis lock. The Mini Bugout® you've been waiting for. ... They’ll perform this service... Blade Shape And Handle Design…. Clearly "heavier" though relatively seen, but still very light (2.1 Chap FRN, vs 1.5 Mini bugout) AND: The Chap has steel liners and steel backspacer and feels really solid in hand. Picked up a Mini Bugout recently and I must say I'm pretty impressed. The Benchmade Mini Bugout features a 2.82” CPM S30V drop point with a blade thickness of 0.09” and an 58-60 HRC. Alas, some twenty years after the introduction of Good Ole C28, Benchmade has a response and it is a chorus of angels singing. As usual, your local laws and preferences in terms of size and blade length will come into play here, but pe… It sits about halfway between the grip and mini-grip in size. It comes with a popular deep carry wire clip that works fine, however it's so light I removed the clip and carry deep-pocket in thin dress pants at work. Check Price On Amazon – Over 1,090 Reviews, Benchmade Griptilian Vs Mini Griptilian [Which Is The Right Knife For You? Vyroben je ze stejných prvotřídních materiálů jako jeho větší bratr, je lehký, štíhlý a zároveň ergonomický. I really love that Benchmade does this because it shows that they’re willing to go above and beyond to take care of their customers…, …and that they stand behind the quality and durability of their knives. Love them. As a comparison to the original Griptilian, the Mini Griptilian is around 1.29 inches shorter when both of their blades are locked out…, And compared to the Bugout, the Mini Griptilian is around 0.68 inches shorter in overall length (when both blades are deployed)…, In addition to that, the Mini Griptilian weighs in at 2.5 ounces. On voit rarement des couteaux aussi légers tout en étant aussi fonctionnels. The Benchmade Bugout series has taken the knife world by storm with its ultra-lightweight build, premium materials, and accessible price. The result of overwhelming feedback, the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the new 533 Mini Bugout. HAWT.) I had a regular Bugout before, and ]. This keeps with the “minimalist” concept and is surprisingly sufficient for use and abuse. ], Spyderco Manbug Vs Dragonfly [Which Is The Better Knife For You? CPM S30V is considered a premium blade steel because it does a good job of resisting rust and it maintains an edge pretty well too…, I really like it because, even though it does a good job of holding an edge, it’s also not too difficult to sharpen…, Now speaking of sharpening, Benchmade actually offers a service called Life Sharp when you purchase any of their knives…, The Life Sharp program basically means you can send your knife back into Benchmade and they will repair it, lubricate, and resharpen it for you…, They’ll perform this service for the life of the knife, and it’s all done for free. It's lighter than the mini-grip, and the handle is slimmer, but longer. Hmm a variant of my favorite Benchmade vs one of my favorite spydies. I have a bugout and mini bug out. Both models feature textured Grivory handles and an ambidextrous, deep carry tip-up pocket clip, as well as a generous lanyard hole. There’s nothing miniature about the new Benchmade Mini Bugout. That being said, I still think it looks great, and the hollow grind allows you to get the Mini Griptilian very sharp…, It can also be had with either a plain edge or a serrated edge, and again, I prefer the plain edge version because it will end up being easier for you to sharpen when the time comes (or you can just send it back to Benchmade for Life Sharp service)…, In addition to that, the Mini Griptilian also comes in either a satin finished blade or a black coated blade, and it has some jimping along the spine to help give you more control for precise cuts…, Now the handle, again, is made from grivory just like the Bugout, but it’s a little shorter in overall length. It also feels very ergonomic and comfortable in your hand…, And the texturing allows you to get a good purchase on the knife when you’re using it. Unfortunately I won’t be able to give you exact numbers in this section because the prices on these knives are known to fluctuate due to changes in the market…, In addition to that, both of these knives come in a few different versions which are all priced a little bit differently…, So keeping all that in mind, you can usually find the Mini Griptilian for around 30 to 50 dollars less expensive than the Bugout…, Again, the actual price of your knife will depend upon which particular version you go with, but in general, the Mini Griptilian is going to be the less expensive option…. The Benchmade Bugout (Check Price On Amazon – Over 860 Reviews) The Benchmade Griptilian ( Check Price On Amazon – Over 210 Reviews ) And in this Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian comparison article, we’re going to put these two knives up against each other and see how they stack up in the following six categories… So if you’re on a budget and are really trying to keep the price down, you’ll probably want to go with the Mini Griptilian. Available in two different colorways, the Mini Bugout maintains the same material configuration as its full-sized counterparts in a 1.5 oz package. The mini grip is … Alas, some twenty years after the introduction of Good Ole C28, Benchmade has a response and it is a chorus of angels singing. All Rights Reserved. I always prefer a deep carry clip when I can get it because it pretty much makes the knife disappear in your pocket…, Also, even though it sits very low in your pocket, the Bugout is still quick and easy to get to, and because it’s such a lightweight and slim design, it’s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket all day…. Use contact form at the top of this page or send an email to editor@knifenewsroom.com. The Benchmade Mini Bugout is here by popular demand, taking the immensely popular ultra-lightweight knife and making it smaller and even lighter. Benchmade is introducing three new Bugout models for 2021, including the 533BK-2 Mini Bugout. The Benchmade Bailout (Model 537 series) and the Benchmade Bugout (Model 535 series) are both high-quality, lightweight knives that are durable and user-friendly. Mini Bugout představuje menší verzi oblíbeného modelu Bugout. While it might not be an actual miniature, it is a smaller, even more pocket friendly knife. With a closed length of 3.7”, this ultralight folder is small enough for a mint tin, yet big enough for adventure. Some of my earlier Axis locks weren’t so capable—no amount of tuning rid the lock of play. Fast Shipping from Long Beach, California Disclaimer: As with all children's products, adult supervision is required. See more. It’s a tough steel with an outstanding wear and corrosion resistance. It teaches you that if you work hard enough, you will It’s very comfortable in your hand and it gives you a great purchase on the knife when you’re using it…, In addition to that, I love how slim and lightweight the Bugout is because it makes it extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket all day…. Čepel délky 7,16 cm je vyrobena z prémiové nerezové oceli CPM-S30V (tvrdost 58-60 HRC), má matnou povrchovou úpravu, plochý výbrus a tvar drop point… ©2016-2021 knifenewsroom.com. (Though let’s be honest the stormtrooper model is damn hawt. If you live in a state with strict knife laws that require a blade under 3”, let’s take a look at the recently-released Mini Bugout. folding knife is definitely a welcome addition. If you have one, send your press release or story idea to us. Again, I like the use of grivory for the handle material because its strong and very lightweight, and it feels really good in your hand…, In the end, both knives use the same glass filled nylon handle material, which I like because its strong, lightweight, and feels good in your hand…, However, they differ in the blade steel used. All in all, I love the drop point blade on the Bugout, and as I mentioned before, the handle is lightweight and very comfortable. If you think the Bugout is light and thin, then the Mini Bugout is that and everything else. Made of Stainless Steel. In addition to that, the Bugout weighs in at just 1.85 ounces (which is extremely lightweight)…. Sentricon’s baiting system effectively prevents termites from ever making it to your property while also wiping out any existing underground termite colonies. First Benchmade, for me, that came out of the box with smooth action, no play, and very nearly perfectly centered blade. If you liked the Bugout, like most people did, and thought it was a bit big or if you hoped for a genuine competitor for the Dragonfly, the Mini Bugout should be on your radar. The Bugout is a better slicer for me, both the blade shape and length have lent it to be the better cutter. The Bugout has a very traditional drop point blade. For more info see how the Bugout stacked up in our Best American Made Knives article. The main differences between them are that The Benchmade 535 Bugout has one single blade edge sharpened while the Benchmade 551 Griptilian features a double sided sharpness, which is great for lefties, and also the Griptilian is relatively more substantial when it comes to the weight than the bugout b almost double the size. For more info see how the Bugout stacked up in our Best American Made Knives article. Condition is "Used". Home; About Us; Our Verticals. ], Spyderco Native 5 Vs Delica 4 [Which Is the Better Knife For You? in this article we’re going to compare the best pocket knife for hiking : Benchmade Bugout 535 Vs Griptilian 551Hiking helps you to relax. But the clip on the Mini Griptilian is also pretty discrete and allows you to comfortably carry the knife around too. The first Spyderco that comes to mind would be the Dragonfly. QSP Copperhead is sleek, sexy and wallet friendly, Buck Haxby is affordable modern flipper from Buck, Holey or Unholey, the 2021 CRKT Squid is now an assisted opener, The Browning Patriot offers three budget friendly options, The new Benchmade 533BK-2 Mini Bugout drops today, Get a customized knife from SMKW’s Custom Shop this Christmas, The new Benchmade Mini Osborne 945BK-1 set for pre-Black Friday arrival, Orange Grivory Handle with Black Hardware, Ambidextrous, Mini Deep Carry, Tip-Up Pocket Clip. I’ve always been a big fan of drop point blades, and I really think the Bugout’s blade shape is pretty attractive…, It has kind of a high flat grind, and it performs really well at cutting, slicing, and dicing. That’s a lot lighter than the original Gripitlian which weighs in at 3.88 ounces, but it’s actually heavier than the Bugout by around 0.65 ounces…. It’s still comfortable in your hand, but not quite as comfortable to hold as the larger handle on the Bugout…, That being said, it’s still comfortable, and it’s a little more compact (we’ll get into the dimensions later in this comparison)…. Benchmade Mini Bugout AXIS Lock Knife White (2.82" Black) 533BK-1 - $136.00 The 533BK-1 Mini Bugout knife is built with a white Grivory handle and a black blade with a plain cutting edge. Despite the difference in price we can see these two knives being cross shopped very easily as they sport some of the same elements to appeal to folks looking for high-performance cutting in a package that won’t weigh you down. The Benchmade could be called "complicated" because of the action, but having carried two Benchmade 580's for many years and one a mini, I can tell you that they do not fail – nothing goes wrong with them. The Benchmade Bugout was designed from the ground up to be a pretty compact utility knife. As original_al stated, the Bugout is a backpack knife made extremely light. It’s a scaled down version of the full sized Bugout, with a 2.82” blade, and an overall length of 6

The result of overwhelming feedback, the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the new 533 Mini Bugout. I like both knives, but the Mini Bugout is even thinner and lighter. I prefer the Bugout…, I prefer the Bugout for a few reasons. The mini grip is a more stout knife; thicker blade stock, full metal liners, G10 scales. Available in two different colorways, the Mini Bugout maintains the same material configuration as its full-sized counterparts in a 1.5 oz package. The Bugout has definitely been carried more, but my mini grip has seen more use. However, for an "outdoor" EDC I prefer a full size Grip to the Bugout. The result of overwhelming feedback, the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the 533 Mini Bugout. It’s a practical knife that will mostly do everything you need and practically disappear in your pocket when you don’t need it. Utilizing all of the amazing features of the original Bugout, the Mini takes the design and shrinks it by about 15%. The CPM S30V blade steel on the Bugout is superior to the 154CM blade steel on the Mini Griptilian because it will hold an edge longer…. Last, the Mini Griptilian also comes in a variety of handle colors such as black, blue, green, tan, pink, yellow, gray and others. The Benchmade Bugout versus the Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight. Available in three different colorways, the Mini Bugout maintains the same material configuration as its full-sized counterparts in a 1.5 oz package. First of all, I prefer the CPM S30V blade steel you get on the Bugout over the 154CM steel on the Mini Griptilian because it will hold its edge for a longer period of time…, I also prefer the size and shape of the handle on the Bugout. Spyderco Shaman vs PM2 [ParaMilitary 2] – Which Is The Right Knife For You? It's all you love about the Bugout, but The result of overwhelming feedback, the Bugout has been scaled down in the form of the 533 Mini Bugout.. It is outstanding, really truly outstanding. So to sum it all up, in the Blade Steel And Materials category, both the Bugout and the Mini Griptilian have glass fillled nylon handles…, However the CPM S30V blade steel on the Bugout is superior to the 154CM blade steel on the Mini Griptilian because it will hold its edge a little longer…, In the Blade Shape And Handle Design category, both knives have a version of a drop point blade and bother perform very well as cutters…, In the Locking Mechanism category, both knives utilize the AXIS Lock locking mechanism which is a great system that locks your blade out very securely and allows you to deploy the blade very smoothly as well…, In the Size And Dimensions category, the Bugout is a little bit longer (0.68 inches) than the Mini Griptilian when both of their blades are fully deployed…, And it’s also a little more lightweight compared to the Mini Griptilian, with the Mini weighing in at 0.65 ounces more than the Bugout…, In the Pocket Clip And Carry Position category, both knives have a clip that sets you up for tip up carry, but the Bugout has a deep carry clip (which I prefer), and the Mini Griptilian has a standard clip…, And last, in the Price Comparison, the Mini Griptilian is around 30 to 50 dollars less expensive than the Bugout…, So which of these knives do I prefer?