So i got a mac for my birthday, and i want to move my pc's minecraft world on my mac. But with the arrival of COVID-19, the stakes are higher than ever. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. And THEN you can move the two mods into the minecraft mods folder. I look online and find that it's in WindowsApps, a folder that for some reason is denied to the user even as the Admin. Select the pack you wish to open the folder for. Minecraft folders occurs when a. options.txt is the file that stores all the options changeable in the in-game options menu and various other information the game needs to store after quitting. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. It won't re-install. After finally finding my applications folder and going into application support, theres no minecraft folder! Hi I am looking for support on my 1.12 forge, The forge installer worked fine, everything is working as it should, but when I go to the folder that has the minecraft launcher , there is no mod folder. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. HELPPPPPPP! Everything from modded to vanilla. If you are using You can navigate there manually, or press shift + cmd + G to get there with a path. Step 2. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. theres only a few of my other apps also! (I've also installed a new skin without any problems onto the 1.3.2 version of minecraft) Theres only the Apple, avbdeviced, CrashReporter, GarageBand, iDVD, iLife, iLifeMediaBrowser, iLifeSlideshow, iPhoto, Microsoft, ProApps, and Script Editor folders! Step 2. happy to help with any and all issues you may be having. C:\Users\ (your pc username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang. Please help. Open Support Ticket. Minecraft is one of those games where you can spend hours doing a wide range of things like building, enchanting, crafting, fighting, exploring, etc. Competition Terms. In here, it should open your apps, and … How to access your .minecraft folder. Once inside the Roaming folder, .minecraft should be at the top. Then, click "Search" and type in "Run". This is what you need as .minecraft is inside. Have you ever had trouble opening your .minecraft folder? Finding the Minecraft Data Folder. Often when doing maintenance on a server or Minecraft files on your home computer you will need to find relevant folders and understand the structure of them. Using a Modded Launcher Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 34,410 times. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. Using the resource pack folder will work on any version of Minecraft, from Vanilla to Modded. My minecraft folder screwed up. You will see all the Minecraft save folders. Learn more... Do you want a new Resource Pack for your Minecraft? Locating your Minecraft folder and files. Click Roaming to open. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. If you are on Windows, hold the Windows key and press R. This should open a little pop-up. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. Linux ~ is your home directory, usually /home/YOURNAME, so ~/.minecraft would be /home/YOURNAME/.minecraft/. We've been helping billions of people around the world continue to learn, adapt, grow, and thrive for over a decade. This article has been viewed 34,410 times. First, open your finder Look at the bar at the top of your screen, the one that contains the apple logo and says "Finder" next to it. Make sure that Minecraft on other platforms: Android & Amazon Fire OS Alternatively, you could drag your mouse to the top right corner of the screen and drag down to open up the panel. All rights reserved. Or do you want to access one of your screenshots you have made? Locate the Minecraft folders: All you have got to do is locate the Minecraft folders in the finder. Open up Minecraft. Your saved games are stored inside of the AppData folder, which isn’t that easily to find or get to because the whole AppData folder is hidden. If you are trying to install mods or texture packs, you have to go through the Minecraft application or the store. Windows. Terms of Service Using the Resource Pack Selector. If you have experienced a crash but no crash reports have generated then the they are all up to date and working properly. But here comes the problem, I don't have a bin folder in my minecraft.jar folder! This method is recommended because it will work with any version of Minecraft. Step 3. It is found in the .minecraft folder in Java Edition or in the com.mojang/minecraftpe folder in Bedrock Edition, and can be edited with any basic text editor to change options. From Minecraft. How do I get a .minecraft file on Xbox One? Please enter a number between 8 and 64 for the password length, Using the Profile Options in the Launcher, Right click one of your Minecraft profiles. run Minecraft again, edit profile, select Minecraft 1.6.2-Forge, and run; the first time you do this after installing Forge, it will create the minecraft mods folder. If you already have Minecraft open, you can go almost directly to the .minecraft folder. Uncategorized Please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. can't find minecraft folder in application support mac Date February 19, 2021 Posted By . Then type: %appdata%. On the website, find the download option mentioned up top. 7b. How do I get to the .minecraft folder in Minecraft: Pocket Edition? wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. When you reinstall Minecraft, you can find the folder back. On a Mac, the folder is located under Users/[your user]/Library/Application Support/minecraft. Then type: %appdata%. Select and edit a profile or create a new one. If you want to find similar information on a server use the, The world folders on single player and servers will have the, The biggest issue that you may come across when trying to find your Please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. In here, it should open your apps, and you should be able to find your .minecraft folder. THIS IS PRETTY SIMPLE [ON WINDOWS]; hit the start/windows key and R at the same time type in %appdata% then click enter and it should open up a windows/file explorer tab in C:\user\[YOURUSERNAME]\appdata\roaming, click on the .minecraft folder. Minecraft can't find the BAT launcher. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. issue may be related to Forge, JAVA, or the launcher itself. Note that these instructions will only work for Minecraft: Java Edition installations. If you are on Windows, hold the Windows key and press R. This should open a little pop-up. Copy the folder … Restoring to Andriod can be done with the "My Files" application. (Find the official site link mentioned later.) Unfortunately, there is no .minecraft folder for the Pocket Edition version of Minecraft. Save the folder to another location by pressing Ctrl + V keys. % of people told us that this article helped them. I've decided to install some mods on my minecraft, did a lot of research, and found out that the mod folder should be placed in the bin folder in minecraft. Press Win+R, then type %appdata%\.minecraft, then press Ok. OS X. In the Finder, from the Go menu, select 'Go to Folder', then type: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and click Go. Every dollar contributed enables us to keep providing high-quality how-to help to people like you. Ok i tried the following -finder (doesn't work) -force update minecraft (doesn't work) -library>app support (doesn't work) -Use the ópen texture pack folder' in minecraft (doesn't work) HELLLLPPPPP More info. If you don't see "Run", press ⊞ Windows + R. Type %APPDATA%\.minecraft and click "OK". Privacy Policy But i can't seem to find my minecraft folder (that stores the texture pack, world, etc). The first thing you’ll want to do is ensure that Java is installed on your computer. You cannot. Using the Resource Pack Selector. Whether you own a server with StickyPiston or don't, we are always To verify it was installed, start the game, click the Mods button, and you should see the two mods in the list. This article has been viewed 34,410 times. Browse the available mods. You may need to find the Minecraft data folder for many reasons, the following is a guide to do so. My current problem is that I was looking for the Minecraft Dungeons exe file so I could create a shortcut for my desktop, but I can't find the folder it's installed in. Contents. So that goes to the Home folder of Mac, open the visible library folder, go into the support application then Minecraft and saves finally. Dependant on which launcher you are using, there will be different ways of finding your files.The first step for any Modded launcher is to start it and let the main screen open. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Minecraft folder structure. Once you have successfully found the folder, you can create a shortcut on your desktop to the folder … Type ~/Library and … cd ~/.minecraft And you will have successfully navigated to your .minecraft folder using the terminal. Spoiler: HERE. I am showing you a tutorial and how to fix the issue that people can't find their games folder. If it’s … {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/64\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/64\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/ca\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/ca\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8c\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8c\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7d\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7d\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/65\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/65\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-6.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/ae\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/ae\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-7.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/28\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/28\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-8.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/dd\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/dd\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-9.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/cc\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/cc\/Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-10.jpg\/aid5419170-v4-728px-Access-Your-.Minecraft-Folder-on-the-Computer-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, How to Access Your .Minecraft Folder on the Computer. © 2011 - 2021 StickyPiston.co. Lol, I just bought the game and downloaded the real version on www.minecraft.net and I can't find a icon with Minecraft on it Click to expand... Just open the file you downloaded, probably in your downloads folder. Crash reports are used to help find the reason the game crashed as well as providing... Troubleshooting. How do you get the .minecraft folder on a Mac? Open a Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. If you're a Windows user and are unfamiliar with how to find your appdata folder, follow these steps: Click Start → Run. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. But you just don't know how? That's all there is to it. This method is recommended because it will work with any version of Minecraft. How do I find my Minecraft Folder?  Go to saves and find the save file or add a new one. It will always work, which is why it's the way we recommend doing it. Categories . modded Minecraft, use a one of the following methods: Hello! 3 years ago. If you're on Windows, go to the application: RUN and type in %AppData% and a folder should pop up containing.minecraft. If you look an that bar, you will find the "Go" button, click it and then click "Go to folder", located at the bottom. To find the Minecraft data folder on Windows, hold down the Windows key (usually a picture of the Windows logo, and typically between the Control and Alt key, usually to the left of the space bar) and then press the R key without letting go. If yes, this video is for you! Go to.bin, and replace the "minecraft.jar" with another "minecraft.jar" (AKA a pre-relese) and find (or add) the server folder and put the new "minecraft_server.jar" We do have an article about how to backup, sync, and store your Minecraft saves in Dropbox, so if you want to do that, make sure to read the article.. Finding Your Minecraft Saved Games on Windows. Every day at wikiHow, we work hard to give you access to instructions and information that will help you live a better life, whether it's keeping you safer, healthier, or improving your well-being. Using a Modded Launcher NOT AN OFFICIAL MINECRAFT PRODUCT. Minecraft: Java Edition installations. NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH MOJANG. Follow these steps to find Minecraft Windows 10 Edition save location. Once you are on the downloads page, you will find a comprehensive listing of Optifine versions corresponding with each Minecraft version. This guide will showcase a variety of ways to access your folders both in Minecraft: Java Edition and modded Minecraft launchers as well as explaining the basics of where certain elements of the game are stored on your PC. Note that these instructions will only work for Press Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box, and then type %appdata% and hit Enter to open the AppData folder. Find the Minecraft folder in the app folder, and then press the Ctrl + C keys to copy this folder. Then there's a button at the bottom that says "Open Game Dir" which will open the .minecraft folder you're looking for. Then this is the article for you to read. support ticket with our team and we will be in touch. The version of Minecraft downloaded from the Windows Store does not have a .minecraft folder, essentially the Windows 10 Edition is the Pocket Edition for PC, however there is a folder for windows 10 edition located here. Restore to Android. If you are using modded Minecraft, use a one of the following methods: Open this folder and all your minecraft files are inside. Use the categories and search tools of the various mod sites to find the … By using our site, you agree to our. If you haven't logged in yet, then do so, the at a corner of the window press the button that says "Edit Profile". Minecraft Windows 10 Edition saves all worlds in a single folder. Install Java. You can go into the options menu, click on the texture packs button, then click the open texture pack directory button.