If I press the Media button, I see the phone via Bluetooth but I do not see the flash drive. My iphone 4s will connect to it fine, and my calls come through perfectly fine and all that, but my music won't play through the speakers without being plugged in to the USB port. 3. The 7" is more of a matte look with matte bezel, the 8" shiny with glossy bezel. If i play indoors. Still not sure how/why it works now, but it does. I've been suffering up until the point we got the kia with cars that have no usb or auxiliary audio input anywhere. My papaw has a Buick Verona with Bluetooth and the touch screen stereo system thing and my phone will connect and play music fine. JavaScript is disabled. Just a normal stereo. Both ports now work, USB1 and USB2 can be selected. I have a 2017 Chevy Malibu LT. When I got the flash drive back in 2017 I started off with just a few songs, in which it has gradually built up to 5,600+ songs over the last 3 years. Touch Rewind to move to the beginning of the current or previous track. Still have questions? Both connect with a miniUSB connector and separate 5V power connector. A USB device can be played through the sound system. USB port can be controlled by the audio system. If you have a car with a USB port, put your music files on a flash drive and plug the flash drive into the USB port. It does not advance to the next folder after the last song is played. I have a 2011 Silverado, USB‐Supported Devices. However, both drives are formatted as FAT32. Haven't found why some work and others don't. Connect the USB drive to the USB port. My iphone 4s will connect to it fine, and my calls come through perfectly fine and all that, but my music won't play through the speakers without being plugged in to the USB port. And the cable isn't that bad, I know. Don't ask me why the same USB ports will often handle 1 or 2 TB hard drives, I don't know. Perhaps the only way that I will find out is by trying the other 512 gb Sandisk. I tried an integrated CD Player, that was a laugh, the car could not find the USB port. To play a USB device, do one of the following: • Connect the USB and it begins to play. It struggles with all sorts of different USB drives though, some brands I have tried it hates. To do so, locate the USB outlet connector, which is in the center console compartment, and plug the USB device directly into the outlet. I hope all is going well. I wonder if your HU is limited to drives no larger than a certain size? Connect your smartphone to the USB port 2 to charge or play music. Hmmm. Car battery died. I ordered part 13509942 ($32 bucks at my dealer, $50-70 online), popped out my single port module and installed the dual port module. All 5,600+ files are in WAV format. USB flash drive. CD (if equipped), USB, AUX, or Bluetooth Audio: Press to seek to the beginning of the current or previous track.. CD (if equipped), USB, AUX, or Bluetooth Audio: Press and hold to quickly reverse through a track. There should also be an auxiliary jack as well if either of them use an iPod/iPad, smart phone, or MP3 player. I am wondering the same thing. Then, press the Auxiliary button. 2. I have questions regarding sound and actually playing music in my Cruze (I just got one). Many PC's from just a few years back won't handle 512GB either. 1. It depends on the radio. I've reverted to using my mp3 player thru the aux input. Not compatible with all devices. I tried the NTFS format with 4096 bytes. Here are two guides that list different supported file systems and file types: 2016 Malibu LT 1.5T 94,000 miles / 2019 F150 SuperCrew Plat 5.0L / 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0L. Sounds like to me the other phones won't work. Flash memory drives are different somehow. I appreciate all the tips! If the track has been playing for fewer than five seconds, the previous track plays. Thanks everyone for the answers. Functionality varies by model. First, GM has no idea what file systems are actually supported and seems to disagree what file types are supported. iPod nano. 5. It also appears to play wma files but not WMA if it is capitalized. iPod classic Not all iPods and USB drives are compatible with the USB port. ; This Items will only fit 2017-2019 Compatible With Chevrolet Cruze Compatible Radios IOA IOR 7" Adds a CD player to factory radios that do not have a CD player aka 'Mech-less Radios' , Install is Plug & Play - Just plug in the USB into your car's USB port. Is their anyway I can have the touchscreen stereo system installed in my car? FSXF Double Layer Car Armrest Center Console Arm Rest Charging Function with 7 USB Ports for Chevrolet Chevy New Cruze 2016 2017 2018 Car Armrest Box Center Console (Color : Beige) $90.93 $ 90 . Works. - The system attribute for folders/files that contain audio data must not be set. I have a 2012 Chevy cruze with Bluetooth. If your car doesn’t have a USB port, use an FM transmitter with a USB port that can read and play music files. Thank you for the response. The 7 inch touchscreen will replace original LCD screen, DVD rom will replace original CD palyer. Just radio. You can sign in to vote the answer. There are hours are: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST. Turn phone upside down with Bluetooth active and tap it on the stereo three times while chanting bluetooooooth. I'm not sure how, but today, randomly, MyLink recognized my NTFS-formatted USB drive. Touch Pause to pause play. Not all devices may be sup-ported. How long will a 2.0 amp draw last on a 400 watt battery back up system. Only the first 10,000 songs are recognized on the device. BASE AUDIO SYSTEM Setting the Time 1. • Press SOURCE or SRCE to scroll until the USB … Regards! This video shows Chevrolet Equinox, Cruze and Camaro owners how play music from their phone or flash drive through their Chevrolet MyLink radio. The USB ports use the USB 2.0 standard. You may find that the drive needs to be formatted in other than NTFS. Dang. Also, this whole USB port thing is not as easy as it sounds. 2. If not, then you'll have to settle for the cable. See CD Player 0 24, USB Port 0 27, Auxiliary Jack 0 30 or Bluetooth Audio 0 30. Download/install playlist creator 3.6.3 on your computer playlist-creator.en.uptodown.com/windows 3. Release the button to return to playing speed. Could be a couple things. When a device is not supported, the message “No supported data found. Yes, the main reason for the USB port is to load a USB device with music to play on the stereo. Original radio/AC panel and steering wheel control function will be Periodically the truck fails to recognize USB devices when I start the truck, including USB flash drives and my phone via Android Auto. Almost certainly the firmware of your Infotainment console cannot handle 512GB drives. I'd still recommend going FAT32 to mitigate future issues. There are detailed instructions in your Owner's Manual starting on page 7-21 regarding this feature. (2014 Chevrolet Cruze) USB music player stopped working, the system does not detect the player when connect through the USB port but the player works fine when I connect it through the audio jack waf375 in Gorham, NH on September 15, 2016 The infotainment system can only play back .mp3 and .wma files from a USB drive. 2. Join now! Wow. It has no problems with folders and I can play music in any format. Buy General Motors Chevrolet LP USB Port Assembly 1-pc Set for 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Chevy Cruze: Emblems - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases Use the MENU knob and the audio steering wheel controls to access various functions and to disconnect a USB device. Should work after that. Press the Power button to turn on the radio. Video How to play music from a USB device in your new 2013 Chevrolet Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, Volt or Camaro. I tried formatting to fat32 but the flash drive is still unrecognizable. I have two phones; an iPhone as my primary and an android as my secondary. 93 $1.99 shipping It's just luck of the draw. Does old truck still have cassette tape players in truck? If it can be done, the pairing instructions will be found in the owner's manual in the radio section. Is there anyway I can get it to play via Bluetooth, or do I need to get a new stero system for my car or what? Check your stereo's manual to see if the USB drive needs to be formatted using the FAT32 or NTFS file system. If you wanted to do further research or have other question, the phone# for our Infotainment Team is 855-478-7767. I have an assortment of USB's all FAT32, some are recognized some are not. I have been using a Sandisk 256 GB Cruzer Glide 3.0 USB flash drive for over 3 years now. If your radio has it then check the owner's manual to see how to use it. 8" pictured here: I am quite certain that I have the 7", as my display does not look like the one in the picture that you provided for the 8" (it does not have that split screen with the radio info on one side). I have a 2012 Chevy cruze with Bluetooth. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Because its so annoying trying to keep a USB cord in my car and I hate having it hanging out of the console (where the plug in is). Have a good day. Make sure this fits by entering your model number. Touch MEDIA on your Chevrolet MyLink System 2 until the connected device is shown. 2. Is there anyway I can get it to play via Bluetooth, or do I need to get a new stero system for my car or what? I'm not sure which MyLink bellenger has. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It is also possible the USB port is malfunctioning. This what my owners manual says about the USB. Mine says it unreconizable or not compitable, i have no trouble playing music through my camaro or cruze just the silverado no music through usb May 14 2012, 2:31pm I have a 2017 Premier w/ 8" MyLink system. I've had very little problems with it playing in my Malibu. Drag and drop filesfolders to your USB stick in any order (folder structure does not matter). Using the USB Port. This is my biggest gripe with this system. You can safely disconnect the device” appears. 2. iPod touch. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Chevrolet Cruze 2008-2016 GPS Navigation Head Unit has a 7 inch 16:9 TFT LCD monitor digital panel and DVD player rom. To play from a USB device: 1. Chevrolet Cruze Infotainment System / Audio Players / Bluetooth Audio If equipped, music may be played from a paired Bluetooth device. Fifth generation or later iPod. Check your 256 to see how it's formatted, then do the same to your 512. In play list creator add your music files to the list and save list as something.M3U to the root of the usb stick 4. From my research, it appears that Bluetooth does not allow the streaming of audio wireless. Searching for a Track