Cris . You mentioned that if I take it a few stepsfurther and multiply the .5 by 16 I would get 8! If I sum A3:B3 I get 21.5 and would prefer 21.8 as the answer. Metric Conversion > Metric Converter > Weight Converter > Ounces Conversion > Ounces to Pounds. I take that back, it won't work in a case where the onces remaining is greater than 9. 1 oz = (1/16) lb = 0.0625 lb The mass m in pounds (lb) is equal to the mass m in ounces (oz) divided by 16: Conversion Table from Ounces to Milligrams. Convert Decimal Pounds To Pounds-ounces - Excel: View Answers: Hello, I am looking or a formula that will take decimal pounds and display pounds-ounces, not even sure that excel can display pounds-ounces. The Excel CONVERT function converts a number in one measurement system to another. Ounces (oz) Pounds (lb) 1: 0.0625: 2: 0.125: 3: 0.1875: 4: 0.25 For example, 1 pound can be written as 1 lb, 1 lbs, 1 lb m, or 1 1 ounce (oz) is equal to 0.0625 pounds (lb). 31lbs and 12oz would be 31.12. It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced. Am new to this site. Excel gives you default and customized measurement conversion function. kilogram (kg) = 2.20462 pounds (lb) 1 fluid ounce (floz) = 29.5735 milliliter (mL) 1 ounce (oz) = 28.3495 gram (g) 1 kilogram (kg) = 1000 gram (g) 1 gram (g) = 1000 milligram (mg) 1 milligram (mg) = 1000 microgram (mcg) 1 liter (L) = 33.8140 fluid ounces (floz) 1 liter (L) = 0.2642 gallons (gal) 1 teaspoon (tsp) = 4.9289 milliliter (mL) 1 meter (m) = 3.2808 feet (ft) 1 day (d) = 24 hours … 1 Ounces = 0.0625 Pounds: 10 Ounces = 0.625 Pounds: 2500 Ounces = 156.25 Pounds: 2 Ounces = 0.125 Pounds: 20 Ounces = 1.25 Pounds: 5000 Ounces = 312.5 Pounds: 3 Ounces = 0.1875 Pounds: 30 Ounces = 1.875 Pounds: 10000 Ounces = 625 Pounds: 4 Ounces = 0.25 Pounds: 40 Ounces = 2.5 Pounds: 25000 Ounces = 1562.5 Pounds: 5 Ounces = 0.3125 Pounds: 50 Ounces = 3.125 Pounds: 50000 Ounces = 3125 Pounds Here is my example: In A1 and A2 I have entered 10. I have a list of product numbers, dates across the columns, and a number in the data, A month of trying but I can't solve this so please help me!!! "Do not share my Personal Information". 2lb 12oz). Convert between pounds and ounces Select a blank cell next to your pounds data, and type this formula =CONVERT (A2,"lbm","ozm") into it, and press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to the range cells you need. The function is useful for conversion of units from one measurement system to another measurement system. How do I multiply just the (.5) of the 1.5? Steve,Try this UDF (User Defined Function), soemone might come up with a better one. but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for But I get 20.5 pounds as the total instead of 20.8 pounds which would be the correct weight. Conversion of measurement can be easily done in Excel. http://mathispower4u.com But I need opposite. Select a type of conversion you want from the drop down box Conversion Type. INDEX MATCH to return column header based on empty value in row, Formula =R[-1]C-RC[-1] by vba subtracting gives error. a particular purpose. affiliate program. ExcelBanter » Excel Newsgroups » Excel Worksheet Functions > Does anyone have a template to convert Kilos to Pounds & Ounces Reply LinkBack: Thread Tools: Search this Thread: Display Modes #1 May 25th 09, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions Pagie. Download Excel Template to convert Ounces to Pounds. for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied, including To convert from lbs to kg, divide by 2.20462. So let me explain what I have tried agian. Any ideas? I thought my logic was sound. But I get 20.5 pounds as the total instead of 20.8 pounds which would be … In Excel, you can use below formulas to convert pounds to ounces or grams or kg. Posted by Chris on September 07, 1999 9:43 AM. MrExcel.com provides examples of Formulas, Functions and Visual Basic procedures Ounces to Pounds (oz to lb) Pounds to Ounces (Swap Units) Format Accuracy Note: Fractional results are rounded to the nearest 1/64. Please pardon my blunders. Mike "Pagie" wrote: I am looking for a template that converts kilos to Pounds and Ounces to the Convert Ounces to Pounds (Oz to Lbs) Enter a value below and we will automatically convert it to Pounds Short tons (ST) Kilograms (kg) Grams (g) Micrograms (μg) Milligrams (mg) Long tons (lt) Stones (st) Tonnes (MT) Ounces (oz) Ideally, I'd like to enter the number of ounces into a cell and have it formatted as pounds and ounces (Ex. Conversion Table from Ounces to Pounds. I need to add pounds and ounces and have Excel show the totals. 8^(, Posted by Steve on September 18, 1999 3:14 PM. I would like to convert ounces to pounds and ounces. web site are provided "as is" and we do not guarantee that they can be used in all Pounds to Ounces How to convert Ounces to Pounds. To convert Stones to Pounds, we will use the Convert Function. The formulas below use the CONVERT function to convert yards to meters, Celsius to Fahrenheit, gallons to liters, and square meters to square yards: 1 kilogram = 2 pounds and 3.273 ounces. A video explain how to convert pounds in to Stones and ounces in Microsoft Excel. Premium Content You need a subscription to comment. ; Select the decimal place rounding from the Rounding drop down. In column (A) I enter the pounds and in column (B) the ounces. Ideally, I'd like to enter the number of ounces into a cell and have it formatted as pounds and ounces, https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/20284589/Excel-2000-Convert-ounces-to-pounds-and-ounces.html. In B1 and B2 I have entered 12. I want the total to be 20 pounds 8 ounces. For example: When I add 10 pounds and 12 ounces to 10 pounds and 12 ounces. if you have the lb result in A1 (i'm assuming that you broke the lbs and ozs up?) andthe .5*16 =8 in B1 then Result = A1 & "." It turns out you can just change that /10 at the end to /100. Download Excel Template to convert Ounces to Pounds. Ideally, I'd like to enter the number of ounces into a cell and have it formatted as pounds and ounces (Ex. A pound is sometimes also referred to as a common ounce. It turns out you can just change that /10 at the end to /100. Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a … For example: When I add 10 pounds and 12 ounces to 10 pounds and 12 ounces. Dear Friends, need your help on this one too: A5 is input as pounds and displays 20 in this instance B5 is the formula =SUM(A5/3) and displays 6.67 C5 is the formula =SUM(B5*2) and displays decimal pounds 13.33 D5 has the formula = INT(C5)&"lbs-"&(C5-INT(C5))*16&"oz" to convert the C5 decimal pounds into lbs and ozs This should give you a value instead of a string! & B1 = 21.8 (as a text!! Press the Get Results button. Any affiliate commissions that we I have clearly shattered my image of a reasonably well versed Excel user. If you want to convert ounces to pounds, you can use this formula =CONVERT (A2,"ozm","lbm"). SteveMade an error, was thinking in terms of a stringchange it to; Function Pd(ByVal PoundRange As Range, ByVal OzRange As Range) As DoubleDim SumPounds As IntegerDim IntSumOz As Integer, IntSumOz = Int((Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(OzRange)) / 16)SumPounds = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(PoundRange)Pd = SumPounds + IntSumOz & "." pounds and ounces to kg formula. Steve,You say that you have tried dividing the ouncesby 16 but get 20.5 (I thick the correct resultis 21.5 or 21 lbs 8 ozs) if you take this a few stepsfurther you should multiply the .5 by 16 to get 8,then concactenate the results to give you what youwant eg. Posted by Ivan Moala on September 04, 1999 11:07 PM. If so I could then sum A3:B3 and get 21.8. A very simple example of what I am looking to do: cell A1 is entered as 1.5 … in which case you may need a UDFUser Defined Function. CONVERT function converts the number from one measurement system to another. Results show up … Chris, you should watch your blunders ;-),I know what it's like, I've done the same thingMANY times :-), Posted by Chris on September 08, 1999 11:03 AM, I'm sorry for my blatent display of incompetence. & ((Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(OzRange) / 16) - IntSumOz) * 16End Function. I have tried to divide the ounces by 16 and add it to the pounds. 4. Working out a rough estimate in your head for converting to pounds and ounces may be tricky - remember that there are 16 ounces in a pound. The unit abbreviation lbm stands for pound mass. running. Posts: 1 Does … Copy & Paste into a moduleTo use it type in; Pd("your range of pound values", "your range of oz values"), Use it as a normal function ie select the range of values for the pounds,& the range of values for the oz.Note: the result is a text string. external usenet poster : First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: May 2009. Posted by Ivan Moala on September 05, 1999 1:51 AM. It seems to work pretty good thanks again! 1 kilogram is also equal to 2 lb and 3.27396195 oz. Convert 5 oz to pounds: m (lb) = 5 oz / 16 = 0.3125 lb. Gram (g) to Ounce (oz) conversion chart. For example, you can use CONVERT to convert feet into meters, pounds into kilograms, Fahrenheit to Celsius, gallons into liters, and for many other unit conversions. This grams to pounds and ounces conversion tool is here purely as a se… Moving across each row, there, Hello, everyone, To convert Stones to Pounds, we will use the Convert Function. 40th Annual ACT ConferenceST PETERSBURG FL - 05/25/2021, Trying to use index match function this code all looks right? Thanks for the help sorry I took so long to thank you guys. I use the formula =sum(B1:B2)/16 and get 1.5 in cell B3. Convert pounds to ounces/grams/kg with formulas . This will differ from Ivan's in that 31lbs and 4oz would show as 31.04. Generating and Printing a Chart. How to convert Ounces to Pounds 1 ounce (oz) is equal to 0.0625 pounds (lb). I have a sheet for sports trading, within this sheet I have prices for the first 3 selec, Hi earn when you click a link to Amazon or other sites is reinvested in keeping MrExcel.com Pound (lb) to Gram (g) conversion chart. Have a look in help. 2lb 12oz). Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! pound = pound + (ounce / 16) kg = pound / 2.2046226218. Below are the types of g, lb & oz conversion charts or tables you can generate. I need help about this formula I have this data but when I run it gives me error I try modified but I failed. Whilst every effort has been made in building this grams to pounds and ounces conversion tool, we are not to be held liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or monetary losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the converter tools and information derived from the web site. To convert pounds and ounces to kg, first convert pounds and ounces to pounds and divide the result by 2.2046226218 to convert into kilograms. We help IT Professionals succeed at work. When asked, what has been your best career decision? Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including: We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. Excel ® is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation. One pound is equal to 7,000 grains in the avoirdupois or apothecaries' systems. View our Privacy Policy, Cookies Policy, and Terms of Use. What I want to end up with is a sheet that I can add weight to and have it keep a running total of the Pounds and Ounces as I add more weight. Pounds can be abbreviated as lb, and are also sometimes abbreviated as lbs, lb m, or #. situations. 1 - 2 times per month, Posted by Steve on September 03, 1999 9:28 PM. Ounces (oz) Pounds (lb) 1: 0.0625: 2: 0.125: 3: 0.1875: 4: 0.25 Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally. There are 2.2046226218 lb in 1 kilogram. Conversion Table from Ounces to Pounds. READ MORE. Gram (g) to Pound (lb) & Ounce (oz) conversion chart. Hi. You can choose these charts by changing the options in Conversion Type drop down field above. Excel gives you default and customized measurement conversion function. 3. Facebook; … But will not enter the value into the correct cell on the Destination sheet Any suggestions? The unit of weight will be either kilograms(kg), pounds(lb) or ounces(oz) based on the conversion type you have selected. Each cell is either blank or has a unique number in the cell. [CODE=vba], I feel I'm almost there with this but not quite getting it right. Posted by Ivan Moala on September 04, 1999 3:03 AM. I would like to convert ounces to pounds and ounces. Example. The mass m in pounds (lb) is equal to the mass m in ounces (oz) divided by 16: m (lb) = m (oz) / 16. I found a formula converting grams to pounds and ounces. Some videos you may like Excel Facts Bring active cell back into view Click here to reveal answer. Any help would be appreciated. 2 lbs, 1 oz). 2. I thought my logic was sound. Ounces to Pounds conversion table To convert it back use something likeValue(<TextString>,2). I guess I should really test the formulas before I post them. 31lbs and 12oz would be 31.12. Posted by Chris on September 07, 1999 10:02 AM. The pound is a US customary and imperial unit of weight. Learn Excel unit conversion in this guide. Someone might have a better method instead of separating the pounds from the ounces. The symbol is "kg". MrExcel ® is a registered trademark of Tickling Keys, Inc. All contents © 1998 - 2021 MrExcel Publishing | All rights reserved. This video shows how to add pounds and ounces and convert the ounces to pounds and ounces. Hi, Excel has an inbuilt fubction called CONVERT. If you want a worksheet function, this should work: =SUM(A1:A2)+INT(SUM(B1:B2)/16)+MOD(SUM(B1:B2),16)/10, Posted by Chris on September 07, 1999 9:55 AM. For example, CONVERT will help us to convert pounds to kilograms, feet to centimeters, or Fahrenheit to Celsius. Subscribe for new Excel Tips » Gram (g) to Pound (lb) conversion chart. Function Pd(ByVal PoundRange As Range, ByVal OzRange As Range) As StringDim SumPounds As IntegerDim IntSumOz As Integer, IntSumOz = Int((Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(OzRange)) / 16)SumPounds = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(PoundRange)Pd = SumPounds + IntSumOz & "." I was working with the convert command, which provides grams to ounces or pounds; the trick is what to do with the remainder and avoid rounding in the first field. You can also use the CONVERT function in Excel to convert from lbs to kg. Note: the CONVERT function has three arguments (number, from_unit and to_unit). I have been out of town. Kilogram is a metric system mass unit. Watch Question. For a more accurate answer please select 'decimal' from the options above the result. You can also use the CONVERT function in Excel to convert from kg to lbs. 1 oz = (1/16) lb = 0.0625 lb. & ((Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(OzRange) / 16) _ - IntSumOz) * 16. To convert kilograms to stones and pounds, the following formula can help you, please do as this: 1.Enter this formula: =INT(CONVERT(A2,"kg","lbm")/14)&" st "&ROUND(MOD(CONVERT(A2,"kg","lbm"),14),0)&" lbs " into a blank cell where you want to put the result, and press Enter key to get the first calculated result, see screenshot: 2.Then select the … If anyone could help I sure would appreciate it a bunch!!! ; Enter the Minimum Weight you desire to start the conversion chart. Start Free Trial. I have a range with 200 cells -20 row and 10 columns. Premium Content You need a subscription to watch. Convert Ounces to Pounds (Oz to Lbs) Enter a value below and we will automatically convert it to Pounds Short tons (ST) Kilograms (kg) Grams (g) Micrograms (μg) Milligrams (mg) Long tons (lt) Stones (st) Tonnes (MT) Ounces (oz) Thanks. Start Free Trial. Posted by Steve on September 04, 1999 11:47 AM, Thanks for the reply Ivan. Am relatively new to Excel working with formulas and am very frustrated. Kilograms to stones, pounds and ounces calculator Enter the value of kilograms in the first text box. I have tried to divide the ounces by 16 and add it to the pounds. It was late when I posted my question. To convert kilograms to pounds, multiply your figure by 2.205 for an approximate result. Comment. Is there something that I can add to the formula =sum(B1:B2)/16 to get the 1.8? I ask for your help to correct the formula, because I have a condition that is a little different and that's where my problem comes f, hello experts Convert between pounds and grams I need the totals to reflect the actual pounds and ounces. Oops! Thanks. Posted by Ivan Moala on September 07, 1999 8:47 PM. I use the formula =sum(A1:A2) I get 20 in A3. Not that I had any respect around here to lose. What is a Kilogram? This will differ from Ivan's in that 31lbs and 4oz would show as 31.04. I want the total to be 20 pounds 8 ounces. The Formulas, Functions and Visual Basic procedures on this ).However I don't know what result you want or how you what you want to do with the result, so this may not suit?? You can earn a commission for sales leads that you send to us by joining our Say your result is 4.6 pounds ... the first field needs to say 4 (w/out rounding up) and the second needs to add the ounces in 16ths of a pound. Ounces (oz) Milligrams (mg) 1: 28349.523125: 2: 56699.04625 This site contains affiliate links. 1 Stone = 14 Pound; 1 Stone = 6.35 kg; Conversion of measurement can be easily done in Excel. Please visit all … The table below contains pairs of values from ounce to pound with unit steps. How to convert kg to lbs. I just thought that it might be easier, if I did seperate them in different columns. This should give you the correct result over a user selected range. Convert between pounds and ounces. I am fairly good with formulas but beyond add, subtract, multiply and divide I am clueless. I would like to convert ounces to pounds and ounces. Download Excel Template to convert Ounces to Milligrams. I'd like to convert ounces (e.g., 33 oz) to pounds and ounces (e.g. Ounce to pound Conversion Table from One to One Hundred. The international avoirdupois pound is equal to exactly 453.59237 grams.Symbol of Pound is lb.