Our GFM55 has been fantastic, with an Anderson plug on instead. Engel is the only fridge that uses a Sawafuji swing motor compressor, and most other fridges run either a Danfoss Compressor, or a ‘copy’. Evakool Fridgemate – Evakool Fridge Review: Evakool TMX Travelmate Range The ultimate all-rounder of portable fridges, the Evakool Travelmate range offers exceptional value for money whether you need a fridge for boating, 4WD, caravan/camping adventures, picnics, small events, mobile businesses and more. They have far less issues with coming loose, voltage drop and in general just failing at the most inconvenient time. RIDGE RYDER FEATURES: - Sturdy metal cabinet and fittings - Quality insulation - Quiet, reliable and efficient Evakool compressor - 12/24 and 240v all included, no adapters required - Built in low voltage cutout Enjoy up to 60% OFF RRP & free delivery to most Australian metro areas. But it is worth keeping an eye out on the factory seconds page https://www.evakool.com/factory-seconds/fridge-freezer/ They had the a new 65lt Supakool + cover over xmas for under $650 + del (our mates grabbed one) it has a 5yr wty. The iconic blue box has proudly served Australians for years and will be around for years to come. Evakool Fridgemate - A super tough fridge with a 5-year warranty; Evakool Fibreglass - Premium fridges with superior insulation *Please note that not all distributors carry the full range of Evakool products. I’ve monitored the power consumption of all of our Evakool’s, and they are fairly efficient in the grand scheme of things. 1300 385 665 (1300 EVKOOL) 9.00AM - 5PM (AEST) Mon - Fri. Sunshine Coast HQ. This means our review is honest, and has no affiliation with Evakool. My brother also has a GFM55 Fridgemate and used to often get all sorts of random errors coming up, which really meant very little. Please can you call us directly at the factory so that we can assist you further. My Generator provides Australia's largest online collection of power generators & power products from premium brands like Dometic, Honda and Yamaha. 16 Enterprise Street. A great value range which is tried and tested in Australian conditions. One of the most important factors when buying a 12V fridge is its power draw. Occasionally if we need extra room we won’t use the basket on the other side, but they are good for keeping your food fresh, evenly cooled and out of the water that inevitably ends up at the bottom of your fridge after a week on the road! They’ve worked well for us, and many others. Product Category Portable Camping Fridges . Bonogin, QLD. Took on a week camping trip in Jan, 40*c heat running off a 115Ah battery and 160w solar panel. If you click through and make a purchase, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you… and we can eat this week!After Kind regards, Tracey- EvaKool … 1300 385 665 (1300 EVKOOL) 9.00AM - 5PM (AEST) Mon - Fri. Sunshine Coast HQ. If you get something that sucks power like a V8 and petrol, you’ll need a heft 12V system to prop it up, and that’s not much fun. For more information, contact us at: 1300 400 122. EvaKool Glacier 75L (Portable Fridge / Freezer): 2.6 out of 5 stars from 14 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. 16 Enterprise Street. Fridge Width 475 mm . Now, initially this was a rare occasion, and the yellow fridge was well made, with no way of telling it was actually a factory second. EvaKool Glacier Fridge/Freezer (Portable Fridge / Freezer): 2.7 out of 5 stars from 29 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. They are also very expensive. 14/02/2021. Total Capacity 74 Litres . The unique fiberglass comes with a beautiful unmatched finish which is non-porous to avoid odours. Discover deals up to 60% OFF RRP on our EvaKool range of cosmetic imperfection, run out deal & out of box appliances. Two of our three Evakools came from seconds sales. Run very well no problems in very good conditions can also be used as all fridge and … ... Bought during one of their factory seconds sales because the price was too good to miss. Please feel free to send us a mail with your EvaKool Cooler Box choice via our contact form on the website. Tentworld are proud authorised stockists of the Evakool range of camping gear. 1300 385 665 (1300 EVKOOL) 9.00AM - 5PM (AEST) Mon - Fri. Sunshine Coast HQ. It was fantastic, with the only let down being it didn’t have digital controls, and that the adjustment was related to compressor cycles and not temperature. This unit was sold with our soft floor camper trailer as we didn’t need it, and I wanted to move the trailer on (it was a bit of a deal sweetener!). Unfortunately, I cant say the same for the blue one that we bought. SKU G75-DX-DL . Seat Covers; are you looking after your 4WD’s interior? We are proud to be associated with the following distributors* of our products. Page 1 & Owner’s Manual WARRANTY ‘RF MODEL’ AUSTRALIAN OWNED POWERED BY AUSTRALIAN MADE FROM IMPORTED & LOCAL COMPONENTS QUALITY & PERFORMANCE - THE LASTING IMPRESSION...; Page 2 This unit is designed to operate from either a 12V or 24V power source or from a 240V mains supply via an EvaKool approved 12v/24v adaptor. Portable Fridge Type Combi . Evakool fm55-ff fridge freezer 55 litre 12v - 24v. We introduce you to our brand ne... w HEAVY DUTY FRIDGE SLIDES!! Evakool 60 Litre Fibreglass Fridge Freezer. How much do you really know about 4WD insurance? EDIT: Oh, the irony. Evakool has regular sales where they list all of their products that are seconds. 16 Enterprise Street. Brisbane Whitegoods Factory Outlet Owned and operated by Farthing Acre Pty Ltd ACN 102 457 063 Electrical Contracto No 66119 ARC License No AU18499. A Factory Second generally means that the product is an ex-demonstrator model of Dometic or third-party products that Dometic distributes. Available in a caravan upright 95L or 110L capacity and our unique 40L drawer fridge, this series is a must have for all 4WD enthusiasts. -Comes in 2 sizes and suits a range of EvaKool products -Designed for Australian conditions -Black powder coated steel Up to 80kg maximum capacity -Easy access to fridge -Anti-slip surface PRE-ORDER ONLINE NOW - FOR DELIVERY FROM 8TH FEB 2021! This is a must have for any outdoor adventurer. There are so many 12V fridge options on the market today. The EvaKool is an impressively presented, hand built, quality unit. Literally less than 3 weeks after posting this, my grey Evakool died. Factory Seconds Please Note: The demo / seconds products of Dometic Australia may have slight damages or cosmetic marks, but are all in full working condition. Our original Evakool FM55; a big, ugly, yellow box that was very reliable. Evakool Travelmate - Affordable and lightweight, these are a great entry level, multipurpose fridge. Damage to or failure of the unit has been caused in EvaKool’s opinion by misuse, They use rubber cords to hold the lid down, and have a range of modes that you can run them on. I don’t know how the seconds work, but I wonder if the quality control is a bit hit and miss and anything that doesn’t pass just gets sold as a factory second. 860 (L) x 445 (W) x 430(H)mm. Fridge Length 805 mm . Overall, no real complaints with the Evakool products. Evakool used to say that if your fridge needs a cover, its not very well insulated! Caloundra West This was put in the back of our Land Cruiser and has been set and forget in terms of temperature. Due to the Evakool factory moving to bigger premises, we are currently experiencing low stock volumes. Robust and well insulated this icebox won’t let you down! Two of our three Evakools came from seconds sales. What fridge do you run? Our original yellow one used to come loose on corrugations, and you’d arrive at camp to find the fridge had been off for half of the day. This is the Iconic EvaKool box - available as either an. In case of these scratches, marks or slight damage to the body the product cannot be returned. This is also a fridge freezer, but is split about 2/3 of the way. I now have a fridge with extra holes in the top and leaky seals. Get in Touch National Customer Service Line. Great value for money with all the features and mod-cons available. A little quirky in that you need an additional connector to run on 240 volt. Shop online or call 1300 400 122 2. The only issues I’ve seen with the Evakool Fridges relate to the rubbish cigarette plug that they come with. The Reconn R2 came with an 82L Evakool Fridge Freezer. • EvaKool will not accept a warranty claim if: 1. EvaKool Fridges TravelMate fridge/freezers are reliable and user friendly, they are a great companion for all your boating, four wheel driving and camping adventures. GTIN 9330263009245 . This is smart, as it keeps the warm compressor away from the fridge. You’ll notice that Evakool Fridges have their compressor compartment separate to the fridge, almost like its been attached to the side. 3. Our first Evakool Fridge was a FM55, and this was the original yellow ice box, with a compressor bolted on the side. We’ve used this now for over a year (and its 2 years old) with no issues. Free delivery most Australian metro. This meant you had to turn it down overnight or you’d end up with things getting too cold as the ambient temperature dropped and the fridge cooled better. Obviously if you run them as a freezer, they will cycle more, and use a lot more power. Find Fridges & Freezers appliances & factory seconds products at Home Clearance. Evakool is a great brand and this is a very reliable fridge/freezer. GREAT DEALS ON THESE FACTORY SECONDS FROM EVAKOOL THIS WEEKEND! This was also a ‘seconds’ buy, and we’ve had this unit for about 5 years too, with no issues. It was in our 80 Series Land Cruiser, and then inside our Soft Floor Camper Trailer for a couple of years too. There’s a lot of 12V fridge freezers on the market, and Evakool are one of the brands that have been around for long enough to build a decent reputation. We eventually upgraded to the GMF55, which was almost identical to the yellow unit, with exception of a copy of the Danfoss Compressor, and digital controls. Thank you both for your messages. Modifications have been carried out to the unit without EvaKool’s written authority. Get in Touch National Customer Service Line. Evakool has regular sales where they list all of their products that are seconds. Caloundra West These had fantastic reviews, and we managed to get a ‘seconds’ one at a significant discount ($800 from memory). If you are unable to find the right product at your local distributor you are welcome to order the product online or contact us for further information. Running water from your 4WD; the best mod you can do, Our Portable Diesel Heater setup and review, Olive Hill Farm; incredible camping in Margaret River. We are onto our third Evakool Fridge (none have broken), and we paid for them all. Boasting removable lids which provide the user with full flexibility. Evakool Cooler Box Distributors. $750. Shop for Evakool Glacier 74 Litre Dual Compartment Metal Fridge/Freezer online in Australia at My Generator. EvaKool expressed concerns about known security issues with Magento 1 and also wanted to optimise conversions due to rapid expansion of its online business. Evakool Glacier - Heavy-duty, high-performance fridges, some with dual zone configuration. With a genuine Danfoss compressor, stacks of insulation and a compressor mounted out of the way, how could you go wrong?! 1300 385 665 (1300 EVKOOL) 9.00AM - 5PM (AEST) Mon - Fri. Sunshine Coast HQ. Fridge Cabinet Material Metal . Now, initially this was a rare occasion, and the yellow fridge was well made, with no way of telling it was actually a factory second. Fridge Height 514 mm . Caloundra West As long as it stays cold, doesn’t use much power and is reliable you are onto a winner. I’d happily get another, but I don’t think we will need to any time soon. They also have a significant amount of insulation compared to many other fridges, which means they are more efficient. It now lives in our Dmax full time, and gets used as necessary. EvaKool is Australia’s favourite recreational food and drinks storage solutions, manufacturer and supplier, selling Australia’s favourite iceboxes and portable fridges for over 25 years. DC42 42L WAS $799 NOW $399 SAVE $400! We will contact you as soon as your favourite Evakool Cooler Box is back in stock. This was not sold as a factory second but even if it was the defects are from assembly and manufacture and the standard is really disappointing. HUGE CLEARANCE ON RIDGE RYDER FRIDGE/FREEZER FACTORY SECONDS! I have a number of friends and family that also run the Evakool Fridges and have had no issues. Damage to or failure of the unit has been caused in EvaKool’s opinion by incorrect, extreme or unreasonable use. This is the Iconic EvaKool box - available as either an icebox or 12V fridge.A unique and premium fiberglass icebox and a must have for all outdoor applications. Our first Evakool failure! Brand Evakool . Travelmate incorporates the world renowned Danfoss compressor technology and a highly efficient rollbond If you have a fridge running on a cigarette plug, cut it off and fit an Anderson or merit plug. The third Evakool that we still own is an 82L fibreglass unit, that came with our Reconn R2 Hypercamper. ... Additionally, greater emphasis was placed on factory seconds, specials and finding a dealer. Caloundra West For us, we often try and go for a product that is middle range; not the premium brand names but also not the cheapest brands that are available. Dometic Factory Seconds may have some minor cosmetic imperfections or be a reconditioned product but is in full working condition. They are a great product, and I have no need to change any of ours out. The number is 07 5492 7777. 3 months with a camper trailer, 4WD and toddler; the summary, Lake Argyle and the Bungles; amazing places in WA, Our Isuzu Dmax build for touring Australia, Our new Hybrid Camper; a Lifestyle Reconn R2, Why we moved from a soft floor to a hybrid camper trailer, 7 Amazing Camp Sites within 3 – 5 hours of Perth, Towing capacity; a simple guide to keep you legal, 20 things you should never do in a 4WD recovery. This is something we pride ourselves on, unlike a lot of other ‘travelling families’. We cut the cigarette plug off, and hard wired it, and its been flawless ever since. Took on a week camping trip in Jan, 40*c heat running off a 115Ah battery and 160w solar panel. We used this unit as a fridge, or a fridge freezer, and then a freezer only for about 5 years. ... Bought during one of their factory seconds sales because the price was too good to miss. Two insurance claims with Club 4×4; my review, Snowys; the best place in Australia to buy your camping and outdoor gear. Get in Touch National Customer Service Line. Evakool Second sales. Comes with both 240 and 12 volt plugs. We always use the basket around the white condenser as these are somewhat fragile and you don’t want jars and heavy food banging against it when off road. There’s nothing majorly wrong with it, but it came with a screw cover missing, the seal doesn’t work brilliantly, the lid is warped a bit and it just feels a bit flimsy. Sadly Evakool were not interested in dealing with any claims for poor workmanship or quality. Get in Touch National Customer Service Line. Evakool Travelmate TMX65 (Portable Fridge / Freezer): 2.5 out of 5 stars from 6 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. DC62 60L WAS $1099 NOW $599 SAVE $500! Our current Evakool Fridge Freezer in the Dmax. From there, you move to Waeco (now Dometic), and then Evakool, Snowmaster, National Luna, ARB, Kickass, Adventure Ridge, Companion, Oztrail, Brass Monkey, Kings and the list goes on and on. View our range of Evakool products online or in-store today. Call now 1300 400 122, Shop Evakool from our biggest range of quality, premium caravan, RV & camping products at the lowest prices. Are you happy with it? 16 Enterprise Street. This website is a fair representation of the type of stock we carry and the price we would sell it for if it is in stock. The most common are Engels, which have a great reputation and have been around for the longest. This is my second compressor driven camping fridge, the first being a Waeco 60 litre which I have had for 12 years. We have a good news for you guys!! We provide a huge selection of Portable Fridge/Freezers online at the best prices available. I haven’t had a chance to drop it to a repair shop, but I will soon and I’ll post the outcome here, and maybe on another post. Note: This article contains an affiliate link to My Generator. It can also be operated in remote areas … All of the fridges come with baskets, that you can use, or leave out.