Is Inspector Lewis coming back for the new season? Starring: Clare Holman , Kevin Whately , Laurence Fox and Rebecca Front Directed by: Bill Anderson , Bille Eltringham , Dan Reed , et al. beautifully presented and good quality play, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. When you search for Inspector Lewis, Season 1...you don't get the entire season...just the pilot! It rang very true that Lewis is stepping out of his guilt-nurtured clinging to his wife and on to seeing new possibilities for his life. The score is very different but the sound of the strings evokes the river running through Oxford. Excellent episodes in this pack. You've just tried to add this show to My List. This series I find is not as ponderous as Morse and there is more interaction between the cast with fine performances from Kevin Whately, Lawrence Fox, Claire Holman who plays the attractive pathologist and Rebecca Front as Superintendent Innocent. Sign in to see videos available to you. The Inspector Morse sequel series, which in UK is titled Lewis, will run for a total of 33 episodes in honor of John Thaw, star of the parent-series. See a preview of upcoming Inspector Lewis episodes. For six (6) seasons I have really enjoyed the British mystery series of "Lewis" that are set in England in Oxford. If you need a visual explanation on why the old-fashioned British mystery not only endures but thrives, just watch the ninth and final season of Inspector Lewis, now on PBS.. Dear Twitpic Community - thank you for all the wonderful photos you have taken over the years. One hint that season 8 will be the last is the number of episodes Endeavour has run to this point. 5.0 out of 5 stars More seasons. When an idyllic Oxford summer's day is torn asunder by a gruesome parcel bomb, Lewis and Hathaway are called in to investigate. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 3, 2014. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. (PBS is … Programs A to Z; Channel Guide; WETA Productions; WETA PBS Kids ; WETA UK; Television Studios; Sign … Directed by Matthew Evans. Lewis and Hathaway investigate a grisly murder--and learn this may not be the last. I love Kevin Whateley as Lewis now an Inspector. Feb 4, 2016 - Kevin Whately as Lewis, in "Inspector Lewis." With Kevin Whately, Laurence Fox, Clare Holman, Rebecca Front. Kevin Whately, who plays Inspector Robbie Lewis, and Laurence Fox, who plays … The mystery series, itself a sequel to the equally popular Inspector Morse, will come to an end after ten years on-air. This is a lovely series, a good tribute to Morse which it follows from. I Read more . Endeavour's shortened seventh season may have now aired in full on PBS, but the show will be back for more episodes.In August 2019, the Inspector Morse … I love the views of Oxford and in particular the round building. Since Inspector Lewis is a sequel series to Inspector Morse, Whately and Fox decided to retire from their roles after 33 episodes, as an homage to John Thaw, who played Chief Inspector Morse for 33 episodes. But realising three more murders are to follow, the team must hurry to catch the killer, before they happen. So let's turn to Season 6 of The Expanse. Most of the main stars will return for Season 6. Season six (6) continues the aforesaid qualities. The first episode was rather strange, a lot of time concerned Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark, which in the end was irrelevant. (Be advised that Hathaway appears in only two episodes appearing only briefly in the second episode) Lewis and Hathaway solve the mysteries without any screaming and without much high tech help; the mysteries, once again, are solved just by good "old fashioned" sleuthing. 54 people found this helpful. Where do I stream Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis online? Lewis' team must delve into the worlds of social media, drugs, taxidermy, alternative art and the homeless East European community. When College Dean Phil Beskin is found bludgeoned to death with a rock in local woodland, Lewis and Hathaway are called in to investigate. Preview: S8 Ep1 | 30s Share this video: Share this video on Facebook Share this video on Twitter. Herein, will there be a season 10 of Inspector Lewis? Hathaway is struggling to cope with his father’s illness, as he begins his search to find out his past before the dementia presented. Kevin Whately was first cast as Robbie Lewis opposite the late John Thaw's Morse, on the forerunning British drama of the same name.. How did Inspector Lewis … Travelling or based outside United States? By creating an account, you acknowledge that PBS may share your information with our member stations and our respective service providers, and that you have read and understand the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. He is played by Laurence Fox.Hathaway holds the rank of Detective Sergeant until the penultimate series of Lewis in 2014, in which he is promoted to the rank of Inspector following a brief break from the police. ITV detective drama Lewis will end next week after a decade on air. Because PBS … With Mali Harries, David Warner, Oliver Lansley, Peter De Jersey. Season six (6) has three (3) superbly written mysteries that are wonderfully directed and acted by Kevin Whatley as Lewis and by his "side-kick" Sergeant James Hathaway--fabulously acted by Lawrence Fox. Shown in one piece on 14 August 2016. When babysitter Jessica Lake is discovered dead, Lewis and Hathaway are drawn into diverse new worlds beyond their usual Oxford College haunts – Squats and swinging suburbia, monkey labs and fetish photography. Reviewed in the United States on July 14, 2013. Directed by Hettie Macdonald. Inspector Lewis, which premiered in 2006, has had something of a tumultuous history in recent years, as the drama sort of wrapped up its run back in 2013, before returning for a surprise eighth season in 2014. I became a fan of the character of Lewis when he was Inspector Morse's long-suffering "side-kick" in the wonderful and long running "Morse" mystery series. In fact it’s far less definite final episode than the original ‘final’ episode in Season 7 which saw Hathaway quitting and Lewis retiring. Well worth watching. The romantic in me greatly enjoyed seeing movement in the "Push me, Pull me" relationship between Lewis and Laura Hobson. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 15, 2012. Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, and Sam Simon were the show runners of the season. This time around Lewis and Laura are off to New Zealand, but they’re only on leave, they’re coming back to Oxford and they’re coming back to work– and Hathaway isn’t going anywhere at all. $9.99 to buy season. 68 … Read more. Select the department you want to search in. Paying her little mind, he goes to his desk and opens an innocuous-looking package that came in the … Now, the mystery series is back for one last and final run. "Inspector Morse" as a series, was so exceptional, that his diligent and humane sergeant Lewis garnered his own spin-off series (aptly titled) "Lewis." It's been suggested that, out of respect for the original, none of the spin-offs would surpass that total. James Herriot’s adventures as a veterinarian in 1930’s Yorkshire get a new TV adaptation. Inspector Lewis, The Final Season, Episode 2 airs Sunday, August 14, 2016 at … Clip: Season 8 Episode 3 | 1m 21s | Video has closed captioning. Watch a sneak peek of the eighth and final season of the Inspector Lewis TV show on PBS. Preview. Inspector Morse is a British detective drama television series based on a series of novels by Colin Dexter.It starred John Thaw as Detective Chief Inspector Morse and Kevin Whately as Sergeant Lewis.The series comprises 33 two-hour episodes (100 minutes excluding commercials) produced between 1987 and 2000. With Kevin Whately, Laurence Fox, Clare Holman, Rebecca Front. I hope you don't mind, but I refer to this show by its UK title, "LEWIS," because when you buy these discs you'll be watching the full UK-length version of each episode, not the edited "INSPECTOR LEWIS" version shown here in the states on PBS. The original plan was to begin the season and the series in the Autumn … The third episode was full of red herrings, I did not guess the killer (I have seen all these episodes on the TV but had forgotten the details). Now, the mystery series is back for one last and final run. Both acclaimed shows led to yet a third brilliant mystery series: "Endeavor." Connect with Inspector Lewis on instagram. In this final season, Lewis has retired from the police force, but returns to work the final investigations under Hathaway's leadership. PBS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. I love Kevin Whateley as Lewis now an Inspector. Funding for MASTERPIECE is provided by Viking and Raymond James with additional support from public television viewers and contributors to The MASTERPIECE Trust, created to help ensure the series’ future. 8 months ago. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 30, 2016, My niece has just got into Lewis so being able to buy the series on DVD is great she was excited to receive this and will have many happy hours watching over and over again which is the great thing about DVD's. We have now placed Twitpic in an archived state. Inspector Lewis (2006–2015) Season 9 Episode 1 All ... and while a long way from the best 'Lewis' episode it's a quite decent start to the ninth and final season. About the Show 2009. See a preview for the Final Season of Inspector Lewis. Watch cast interviews, listen to podcast episodes, and more! The penultimate season of The Expanse — the sci-fi new classic series that began life with three seasons on SYFY before being unceremoniously canceled and then resurrected by Amazon Prime Video — has come and gone. Lewis (Complete Series 1-8) - 17 … Your UK TV and radio guide to what's on TV and on demand plus all the latest entertainment, soap, film and drama news and reviews from Radio Times. Masterpiece: Inspector Lewis Season 2. Kevin Whately stars as Inspector Lewis, once the working-class foil to DI Morse. The final tribute: ITV detective show Lewis ends by mimicking the last scene of Inspector Morse. Watch full episodes online of shows from MASTERPIECE on PBS like All Creatures Great and Small, Miss Scarlet and the Duke and Poldark. Preview We can remove the first show in the list to add this one. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Kevin Whately stars as Inspector Lewis, once the working-class foil to DI Morse. Kevin Whately stars as Inspector Lewis, once the working-class foil to DI Morse.MoreMore. The final season has yet to air. The ninth and final season of “Inspector Lewis,” three feature-length episodes beginning Sunday on PBS’s “Masterpiece Mystery!,” is filled with corpses, of course.