This was acceptable to most of the companies representing Lucas' first choices, but not to RCA—with the consequence that Elvis Presley is conspicuously absent from the soundtrack. John Milner 5 of 6 found this interesting Interesting? This One Fifty was about the cheapest, lightest Chevrolet, and therefore the best choice for a street racer who put performance ahead of creature comforts. Probably a couple of weeks past their bedtime. RARE SIGNED Ertl 1/18 Scale Milner American Graffiti '32 Ford IN THE BOX $164.99 + shipping. 20th Century Fox and Paramount Pictures made similar offers to the studio. So long! Lucas argued that mentioning the girls meant adding another title card, which he felt would prolong the ending. Mind your own business, John! Yeah, don't say anything. Yeah. John Milner Ha ha! My name? Because of this, Pauline Kael later accused Lucas of chauvinism. [21], Lucas had wanted his wife, Marcia, to edit American Graffiti, but Universal executive Ned Tanen insisted on hiring Verna Fields, who had just finished editing Steven Spielberg's The Sugarland Express. This film is, for me, one that I’d probably put on my list of 10 best non-Star Wars films ever. There was a 1979 sequel, More American Graffiti, that checked in with the crew in the mid 1960s, but it lacked the cruising theme (although the Milner character had become a drag racer). He played John Milner - a role that would earn him his first Golden Globe Award. : Die Bevölkerung war 771 bei der 2000-Volkszählung. John Milner I'm too old for you. : The film received universal acclaim and was a box office smash. Shipping and … Whereas the first film followed a group of friends during the summer evening before they set off for college, this film shows where they end up a few years later. [10], THX 1138 was released in March 1971,[4] and Lucas was offered opportunities to direct Lady Ice, Tommy, or Hair. Carol I don’t think it’s anywhere near or close to as good as the original, but at … John Milner Share this: Facebook | Twitter | Permalink Hide … After leaving the hop, Curt is coerced by a group of greasers ("The Pharaohs") into hooking a chain to a police car and ripping out its back axle. While a bit player in the first movie he came into his own as a character in the second one. [throws a water balloon which misses him and hits Carol]. [22], The final scenes in the film, shot at Buchanan Field, feature a Douglas DC-7C airliner of Magic Carpet Airlines, which had previously been leased from owner Club America Incorporated by the rock band Grand Funk Railroad from March 1971 to June 1971. [23], More problems ensued during filming; Paul Le Mat was sent to the hospital after an allergic reaction to walnuts. [11], Lucas planned to spend another five weeks in Europe and hoped that Huyck and Katz would agree to finish the screenplay by the time he returned, but they were about to start on their own film, Messiah of Evil,[9] so Lucas hired Richard Walter, a colleague from the USC School of Cinematic Arts for the job. More American Graffiti (1979) Paul Le Mat as John Milner. : Yeah, I think so. Rock and roll's been going down hill ever since Buddy Holly died. As a result, Lucas commissioned help from friend Haskell Wexler, who was credited as the "visual consultant". : John Milner : : Curt is modeled after Lucas's personality during USC, while Milner is based on Lucas's teenaged street-racing and junior-college years, and hot rod enthusiasts he had known from the Kustom Kulture in Modesto. : [54] Another theme is teenagers' obsession with radio, especially with the inclusion of Wolfman Jack and his mysterious and mythological faceless (to most) voice. I bet you got to sneak up on the pumps just to get a little air in your tires! John Milner 4.9 out of 5 stars 9. Sellers with highest buyer ratings; Returns, money back; Ships in a business day with tracking; Learn More Top Rated Plus. John drives a car that defines him as a character, and that is the heart of American Graffiti. Next page. Customer Questions & Answers See questions and answers. I'll see ya. [64] In 1997 the city of Modesto, California, honored Lucas with a statue dedication of American Graffiti at George Lucas Plaza. [28] Murch suggested making Wolfman Jack's radio show the "backbone" of the film. : : Directed by George Lucas. If ever there was a time you wanted to own one of the most correct Milner's coupe clones out there, wellhere it is!Starting with a New-Age Motor Sport Glass body complete with working windshield, work. Or has a boyfriend? ( Log Out / His deep love for the movies began at a very young age. It's past my curfew. But, don't take all day drinking it - please. In American Graffiti, Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) rolls into town in a tough-looking, much-modified 1955 Chevrolet One Fifty two-door sedan to challenge Milner’s king-of-the-street status. Pin. Only 12 left in stock - order soon. Carol Bob Falfa [5] Lucas and writers Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz later collaborated on Radioland Murders (1994), also released by Universal Pictures, for which Lucas acted as executive producer. Curt Henderson -- John Milner . Alright, boss. : [22] 20th Century Fox and Paramount Pictures made similar offers to the studio. Steve and John leap out of their cars and rush to the wreck while Bob and Laurie crawl out and stagger away just before it explodes. Company Credits Carol The Pharaohs tell Curt that "The Blonde" is a prostitute, which he does not believe. Oh, rats. What's that s'posed to be? What's that stand for? … You're talking to the woman I love. American Graffiti Milner's '32 Ford Coupe & Toad's '58 Chevy Impala outside Mel's Diner 24x36 Poster. [2] Produced on a $777,000 budget,[1] it has become one of the most profitable films of all time. So I made a film where, essentially, we can get rid of some of those frustrations, the feeling that everything seems futile. So, your Judy's little... Shit! "[31], The choice of music was crucial to the mood of each scene - it is diegetic music that the characters themselves can hear and therefore becomes an integral part of the action. John Milner : You're gonna hafta do one hell of a lot more than that to scare me! [16] For Bob Falfa, Roos cast Harrison Ford, who was then concentrating on a carpentry career. John Milner Quotes in American Graffiti (1973) Share. Yeah, yeah. Well at least I don't have to pull over to the side just to let a funeral go by, man. Carol The album contains all the songs used in the film (with the exception of "Gee" by the Crows, which was subsequently included on a second soundtrack album), presented in the order in which they appeared in the film. [65] Lucas's Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) features references to the film. Shit! "The Filming of. Have a good trip! "The telephone calls [heard on the broadcasts] in the motion picture and on the soundtrack were actual calls with real people. More American Graffiti is a 1979 American coming-of-age comedy film written and directed by Bill L. Norton. [23][26][27], Lucas considered covering duties as the sole cinematographer, but dropped the idea. Picker decided to give Lucas $10,000 to develop Graffiti as a screenplay. You gonna go after him? American Graffiti, released 45 years ago today, was a nostalgic, semi-autobiographical look at the American teenager circa 1962, before "the sixties" kicked in and changed everything. Girl in Cadillac Bob Falfa The film received widespread critical acclaim and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Bob Falfa In 1979, Le Mat reprised his role of John Milner in More American Graffiti. More American Graffiti wasn’t a great movie, I agree.