During The UW Now Livestream event on October 20, Mike Knetter — president and CEO of the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association — hosted a conversation about the upcoming season with deputy UW athletic director Chris McIntosh ’04, MS’19 and Matt Lepay, the radio voice of the Badgers. Coming from Ohio State, where the football team was a perennial powerhouse, Lepay experienced a challenge acclimating to the Wisconsin culture, as the football team consistently performed poorly. About Wisconsin Badgers. Your email address will not be published. Up in the Camp Randall Stadium broadcast booth, play-by-play man Matt Lepay and color commentator Mike Lucas were busy calling their first game together for local radio … Voice of the Wisconsin Badgers, Matt Lepay, joins Wilde and Tausch on the eve of Wisconsin facing the No.4 Michigan Wolverines. Matt Lepay: Helped put together a student broadcast team for Ohio State University hockey and baseball. View Matt Lepay’s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Listen; On Air. Matt Lepay has become a fixture on Milwaukee and Wisconsin radios through his work as the play-by-play voice of University of Wisconsin football and men's basketball. For questions or comments about our programming, contact WPR’s Audience Services at 1-800-747-7444, email to listener@wpr.org or use our Listener Feedback form. Since 1988, Lepay has been the radio voice for the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team, and since 1994, the voice of the Wisconsin Badgers football team. Lepay joined WIBA Radio in Madison in 1994 after a stint as sports director at WTSO Radio (also in Madison). Yet, Matt Lepay (middle, Packers’ voice Wayne Larrivee to his right and Turner play-by-player Brian Anderson to his left) is best known and proudly so as the Voice of Wisconsin football and basketball. “At this stage of my life, this is a pretty good spot for us,” Lepay said. As we slowly get back to normal, several radio stations will be getting back to normal programming and won't be … 31K 8,928 77. Here are the radio broadcast highlights as called by Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas on the Badgers Sports Network! Wisconsin Sportscaster of the Year Awards. In recent years, he 's also done up to 50 Brewers baseball games a year on TV. View Bio “ "Sport has the power to change the world. Why? In fact, the team totaled just four wins in the three seasons between 1988 and 1990. Radio: 1310 AM and 101.5 FM, with Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas The Steve Czaban Show; The Mike Heller Show; The Dan Patrick Show; The Herd with Colin Cowherd; NASCAR Broadcast Schedule; Spring 2020 Classic Sports Broadcasts ; High School Classic Schedule; FOX Sports Radio; FOX Sports Radio Weekends; Sports. matt lepay, radio voice of the badgers joins chris and marques to talk badger hoops Sign up now! Voice of the Wisconsin Badgers, Matt Lepay, joins Wilde and Tausch on the eve of Wisconsin facing the No.4 Michigan Wolverines. : From Barry to Bo: Broadcasting the Badgers from the Best Seat in the House" He added that, while it is cool to be recognized, he also understands that broadcasting is really subjected to what people like, so his style just happens to be liked by others. "I was hopeful that maybe they would keep kicking the can," Lepay said of the conference presidents and chancellors. Became a budget cut victim in the spring of 1986. 19K 2,173 7. 7,059. Announcers: Play-by-Play: Matt Lepay; Analyst: Mike Lucas; Share this article 169 shares share tweet text email link Like this article? Veteran broadcaster Matt Lepay considers himself a rookie as he prepares to step into his new part-time role as the television voice of the Milwaukee Brewers this season.. is the best PxP guy in the NFL. "I was hopeful that maybe they would keep kicking the can," Lepay said of the conference presidents and chancellors. Paul Allen is a complete homer, but he is an affable guy and very collegial when it comes to other broadcasters. 6 posts Matt Lepay on Twin Cities sports radio Matt Lepay on Twin Cities sports radio. Since 1988, Lepay has been the radio voice for the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team, and since 1994, the voice of the Wisconsin Badgers football team. Email Sign me up View all newsletters More Stories. Lepay notably handles the play-by-play, Lucas choreographs chunks of insight and analysis, while McCann sets up, maintains and operates the … For the first time since 1994, the Voice of the Badgers will be muted in the fall. After growing up listening to Marty Brennaman, the former Cincinnati Reds play-by-play broadcaster, Lepay majored in journalism at The Ohio State University. Matt Lepay enters his seventh season with the Brewers calling play-by-play after joining the FOX Sports Wisconsin team in January 2014. He is co-author of "Why Not Wisconsin? His voice is strong and deep enough to fill Camp Randall Stadium. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Matt… Tweets by @uwbadgers. Paul Allen is a complete homer, but he is an affable guy and very collegial when it comes to other broadcasters. Hired by WNCI Radio in Columbus, where I did some news and sports anchoring. 7,059. After over 20 years of calling games for both Wisconsin football and basketball, Lepay’s opportunity to call games for the Milwaukee Brewers on TV “came from the sky.” His adjustment to TV broadcasting was a smooth one, working as a substitute for broadcaster Brian Anderson for several games each season beginning in 2014. AKA TAW. Tuesday afternoon, the Big Ten postponed all fall sports, including football. Matt LePay is a college sports commentator, calling since 1988 for UW Badger men's basketball and 1994 for UW Badger football. The Brewers and FOX Sports Wisconsin announced on Sunday that Lepay, a seven-time winner of the Wisconsin Sportscaster of the Year Award, will handle play-by-play for approximately 35 Brewers telecasts this season, filling in for Brian Anderson while he handles national telecast … With Lepay’s broadcasting expansion to Major League Baseball, his repertoire and popularity have increased vastly. In fact, Lepay has earned seven Wisconsin Sportscaster of the Year Awards, making him one of the most decorated sportswriters in the state, behind only Jim Irwin, Bob Uecker and Earl Gillespie. “[UW] means everything now,” Lepay said. Matt Lepay: Helped put together a student broadcast team for Ohio State University hockey and baseball. When asked if he would ever consider moving solely into TV broadcasting, Lepay admitted he would never say never but did acknowledge the fact that he and his wife are comfortable in Madison. Why Not Wisconsin? Required fields are marked *. In fact, Lepay has earned seven. Since 1988 Lepay has been the radio voice for the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team, and since 1994, the voice of the Wisconsin Badgers football team. TV: ESPN, with Bob Wischusen and Dick Vitale (above) Radio: 1310 AM and 101.5 FM, with Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas. In basketball, he has been a part of three Final Fours, including the 2015 Final Four when Wisconsin handed Kentucky their first loss of the season. Voice of the Wisconsin Badgers. It has the power to unite in a way that little else does."

Career Radio. Matt Lepay on Twin Cities sports radio. Biographical information last updated on October 20, 2020 - 4:12pm. Matt Lepay once again will fill in periodically for Anderson on play-by-play, as will radio announcer Jeff Levering. NumenLumen. Much of Matt Lepay’s new book, "Why Not Wisconsin? It has the power to unite in a way that little else does." Stream Matt Lepay 10 - 1-19 by Nashville Sports Radio - WNSR from desktop or your mobile device NumenLumen. Corporate Maximize the impact of revenue generating efforts and leverage the power of sports. Radio stations all across Wisconsin played Jump Around at 3pm on Saturday. 19K 2,173 7. I wrote up a script and Matt was gracious enough record it that same day. Podcasts See All. After growing up listening to Marty Brennaman, the former Cincinnati Reds play-by-play broadcaster, Lepay majored in journalism at The Ohio State University. Since 1988, Lepay has been the radio voice for the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team, and since 1994, the voice of the Wisconsin Badgers football team. Voice of the Wisconsin Badgers. Matt Lepay has become a fixture on Milwaukee and Wisconsin radios through his work as the play-by-play voice of University of Wisconsin football and men's basketball. — Matt Lepay (@MattLepay) August 11, 2020. In football, he has seen multiple Rose Bowl wins, Ron Dayne break the NCAA rushing record and Melvin Gordon amass 408 rush yards in one game. Audio: Learfield/IMG College. But since 1993, the Wisconsin basketball and/or football team has finished with a winning record in every season. © 2021 by Wisconsin Public Radio, a service of the Wisconsin Educational Communications Board and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. — Matt Lepay (@MattLepay) August 11, 2020. MADISON, Wis. — At age 52, Matt Lepay likes to say he feels like the oldest rookie in broadcasting right now. Lepay joined WIBA Radio in Madison in 1994 after a stint as sports director at WTSO Radio (also in Madison). Matt Lepay and longtime broadcast colleague Mike Lucas (l). He has earned Wisconsin Sportscaster of the Year ten times, including the last two years. If you asked me that question in the middle of January, I would tell you basketball is my favorite sport. MADISON, Wis. — At age 52, Matt Lepay likes to say he feels like the oldest rookie in broadcasting right now. When: 6 p.m. Sunday. In fact, Lepay has earned seven Wisconsin Sportscaster of the Year Awards, making him one of the most decorated sportswriters in the state, behind only Jim Irwin, Bob Uecker and Earl Gillespie. Up in the Camp Randall Stadium broadcast booth, play-by-play man Matt Lepay and color commentator Mike Lucas were busy calling their first game together for local radio station WIBA. 31K 8,928 77. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. With those impressive seasons came iconic plays, and Lepay has witnessed his share, to say the least. Photo: Getty Images (note: not from game described) Matt Lepay (born March 9, 1962) is an American sportscaster. Lepay does play-by-play for Badgers' football and basketball. “When I say us, I’m talking about my wife and I. I don’t see a change coming, unless the University doesn’t want me around anymore.”. NumenLumen. Jack Coan. Since 1988, Lepay has been the radio voice for the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team, and since 1994, the voice of the Wisconsin Badgers football team. Matt Lepay once again will fill in periodically for Anderson on play-by-play, as will radio announcer Jeff Levering. Or if it’s the middle of May, it would be baseball.”, Fullback U: Why football’s forgotten position still reigns supreme in MadisonRon Dayne was one of the most talented college athletes to ever step foot on a football field. Moshalito. Content from the Badger … Radio: 1310 AM and 101.5 FM, with Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas. Matt Lepay. “It’s whatever’s in season,” Lepay said. One of my first assignments was to cover the 1985 Rose Bowl between Ohio State and USC. Matt LePay is a college sports commentator, calling since 1988 for UW Badger men's basketball and 1994 for UW Badger football. This article was published Oct 22, 2019 at 8:15 am and last updated Oct 20, 2019 at 12:05 pm, Your email address will not be published. He does appreciate the recognition, though, and takes his job seriously in the full scope of things. As a long-time broadcast engineer for iHeart Radio in Madison, he's spent the last two decades sitting in press boxes coast-to-coast making sure Badgers fans can hear, loud and clear, the familiar stylings of Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas. Post Mar 30, 2019 #1 2019-03-30T00:16. Sign up for the Badgers Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Lepay’s tenure in the broadcast booth has coincided with some of the best stretches of Wisconsin football and basketball. Matt Lepay (born March 9, 1962) is an American sportscaster. View Matt Lepay’s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Post Oct 02, 2009 #1 2009-10-02T14:35. The award is presented … For the first time since 1994, the Voice of the Badgers will be muted in the fall. Nelson Mandela. … Matt Lepay. Lepay … Wisconsin defeated Illinois 45-7 on Friday night. It was only a glimpse of what was to come with more involvement from radio companies, and the play-by-play voice of Wisconsin football and men's basketball, Matt Lepay, even lent … Lepay is the longtime radio play-by-play man for Wisconsin basketball and football, and now a fill-in television announcer for the Brewers. BADGERS (15-7, 9-6) JOHN PETERSON, ASSOCIATED PRESS Coach: … Matt has 3 jobs listed on their profile. He … View Bio “ "Sport has the power to change the world. From Barry to Bo: Broadcasting the Badgers from the Best Seat in the House" is the about … I wrote up a script and Matt was gracious enough record it that same day. Hear Matt Lepay's call of Bronson Koenig's buzzer-beating three-pointer to take down the Xavier Musketeers and send Wisconsin to the Sweet 16. … Hired by WNCI Radio in Columbus, where I did some news and sports anchoring. Wisconsin Badgers Sports Network. Audio: Learfield/IMG College. UW Badgers/Learfield Radio Network, Madison 2011 Lance Allan WTMJ-TV, Milwaukee 2010 Dennis Krause Time Warner Cable Sports, Milwaukee 2009 Matt Lepay WIBA, Madison ... Matt Lepay WIBA/WISC-TV, Madison 1999 Dennis Krause WTMJ-TV, Milwaukee 1998 Jim Powell WTMJ. Matt has 3 jobs listed on their profile. Matt LePay is a college sports commentator, calling since 1988 for UW Badger men's basketball and 1994 for UW Badger football. "Matt is obviously a knowledgeable sports mind and … TV: ESPN, with Bob Wischusen and Dick Vitale (above) Radio: 1310 AM and 101.5 FM, with Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas. Coan set an incredible pace for, Fullback U: Why football’s forgotten position still reigns supreme in Madison, Ron Dayne was one of the most talented college athletes to ever step foot on a football field. Announcers: Play-by-Play: Matt Lepay; Analyst: Mike Lucas; Share this article 40 shares share tweet text email link Like this article? : From Barry to Bo: Broadcasting the Badgers from the Best Seat in the House" A key part of the conversation was how the pandemic will affect the team this year. Jack Coan. Lepay said the awards are a great honor, especially considering that he is being recognized by his peers. Nelson Mandela. Since the 1990s, Matt Lepay has been one of the most recognizable voices in Wisconsin, especially on basketball and football game days. Lepay is the longtime radio play-by-play man for Wisconsin basketball and football, and now a fill-in television announcer for the Brewers. He is co-author of "Why Not Wisconsin? MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee Brewers announced Thursday, July 16, the 2020 60-game regular-season broadcast schedule, which includes every game broadcast on both television and radio… Hear Matt Lepay's call of Bronson Koenig's buzzer-beating three-pointer to take down the Xavier Musketeers and send Wisconsin to the Sweet 16. Tuesday afternoon, the Big Ten postponed all fall sports, including football. The Badgers make their 10th Rose Bowl appearance and seek their first win in the coveted Pasadena slot since 2000. He joined WIBA Radio in Madison, Wis., in 1994 after a stint as sports director at WTSO Radio. Later joined WPTW Radio in Piqua, OH, where I played the "beautiful music … Lepay joined WIBA Radio in Madison in 1994 after a stint as sports director at WTSO Radio (also in Madison). Radio stations all across Wisconsin played Jump Around at 3pm on Saturday. Right now, it’s probably football. Matt Lepay will join the Brewers' broadcast team on FOX Sports Wisconsin this season. Image courtesy of Matt Lepay Since the 1990s, Matt Lepay has been one of the most recognizable voices in Wisconsin, especially on basketball and football game days. Though, even Read…. During The UW Now Livestream event on October 20, Mike Knetter — president and CEO of the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association — hosted a conversation about the upcoming season with deputy UW athletic director Chris McIntosh ’04, MS’19 and Matt Lepay, the radio voice of the Badgers. Traditionally, a radio broadcaster announces every game, or almost every game, for the team they cover, earning the distinction of being called the "voice" of that team. Matt Lepay (born March 9, 1962) is an American sportscaster. Me being me, I thought, lets take this up a notch and have Matt Lepay, the radio voice of your Wisconsin Badgers record a special message for Badgers fans all across the country. Here are the radio broadcast highlights as called by Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas on the Badgers Sports Network! He joined WIBA Radio in Madison in 1994, and also previously served as the sports director at WTSO Radio. Matt Lepay, also known as The Voice of the Badgers, is an American sportscaster. Madison's home for the latest in Wisconsin sports, including the Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, and NASCAR. This is a list of current NCAA Division I FBS radio broadcasters for both football and men's basketball. “[I] grew up in Ohio, went to school there, but [my wife and I] have spent more of our lives here in Wisconsin than we did in Ohio, so it’s just a big part of our lives.”, Football: Badgers beat down on SpartyThe biggest story of the day through the Badgers’ two opening drives? MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee Brewers announced Thursday, July 16, the 2020 60-game regular-season broadcast schedule, which includes every game broadcast on both television and radio.All 60 ga As a long-time broadcast engineer for iHeart Radio in Madison, he's spent the last two decades sitting in press boxes coast-to-coast making sure Badgers fans can hear, loud and clear, the familiar stylings of Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas. UW-Madison's Premier Independent Student Newspaper, All Content © The Badger Herald, 1995 - 2021, The biggest story of the day through the Badgers’ two opening drives? NumenLumen. Where to listen: Badger Sports Network on the iHeartRadio app or Sirius Satellite Radio 84. Matt Lepay on Twin Cities sports radio Matt Lepay on Twin Cities sports radio. Matt Lepay enters his seventh season with the Brewers calling play-by-play after joining the FOX Sports Wisconsin team in January 2014. Me being me, I thought, lets take this up a notch and have Matt Lepay, the radio voice of your Wisconsin Badgers record a special message for Badgers fans all across the country.