Original Poster 10 years ago. Atmore ala sells it,, i buy it all the time. When I realized then, over a decade ago, that the original wasn’t coming back, I hoarded cases while they lingered in stores and drank it sparingly. Details of its history and demise are often mentioned on wikis and message boards. And some people say it is exactly the same (it’s not). It’s Mr. Pibb and Jell-O Pudding Pops all over again. Most claim it to be spicer, possibly having added cinnamon. I am constantly complaining about the difference between Mr. Pibb (yes, I will always call it that) and Dr. Pepper (a doctor in which field exactly?) I haven’t eaten @donatospizza in over a decade, It may be #NationalSmoresDay, but I can’t get my, Let me introduce you to @arbys new #CrispyJuicyChi, NEW PRODUCT NEWS! @sourpunchcandy is introduci, I relished today’s #wienermobile encounter. … It is branded as a “bolder” version of the original Mr. Pibb. As of 2020, it is sold in bottles, cans, and 2-liter bottles, and is available in most Coca-Cola Freestyle machines. Pibb is now available in some Freestyle machines at restaurant chains that do not serve Dr Pepper or regions where Dr Pepper is not bottled by a local Coca-Cola distributor, which introduced the brand to new countries exclusively through the machines. Reviews on this site are solely that of the author. Most companies state we dont have Mr. Pibb but we have dr. Pepper as if that could substitute mr. Pibb I am highly highly upset. They sell toilet paper, I hear that’s useful. I will continue my struggle and be thankful that at least WalMart still carries my favorite drink! Back in the day, it was my drink of choice. Pibb and Pepper are definitely NOT the same. Mom wrapped my legs and feet in bread bags for the trip to the coke machine a few apartment buildings away. :D. But I moved briefly to California in 2001 where you couldn’t get it. (It was at a chuck e cheese birthday party. I want my Mr. Pibb back – hell, even McDonald’s stopped carrying my beloved Pibb and have converted to “Dr.” Pepper!! pibbnostalgiapibb xtrasoft drink. That’s the stuff. It now has a lot more caffeine and is known as Doc X. The name was phased out for marketing purposes. It is branded as a “bolder” version of the original Mr. Pibb. It is a soft drink marketed by The Coca-Cola Company which is presently known as Pibb Xtra. and no one believes me, the bastards! I made us eat dinner twice there. Went with their, Finally tried @culvers Pretzel Bites, and wow, guy, The pastry powerhouse that is @donniesdish spoiled. So when A Business Only has Pibb Xtra I will often lash out by ordering water, or looking around for near by gas stations with one I can buy a Doctor pepper and ask for a cup with ice to pour it in. As of 2012, it is sold only in the United States, except in areas where Dr Pepper is distributed by the local Coca-Cola bottler. I’ve got a funny story about Mr. Pibb. These people kill me I have highly upset with Coke, dont they know just because you put xtra on a can doesn’t mean it taste better. I absolutely love Mr Pibb.. Getting so hard to find.. Theres a few places I can get my hands on some but not often. As for why, well, it’s been so long… Mixing the two and drinking them takes me back to vivid memories of when I drank MrPibb… I dunno if memory is wrong or hazy… But it feels closer… Like, for me, Doc X has the smooth, cherry pepper flavor that I think I remember. Personally my family knew that’s what I drank but they knew that I could BARELY tell Dr Pepper apart from Mr Pibb in the Era but everrrr so slightly favored Mr pibb. My memory may be wrong, but either way, it’s the closest thing I’ve ever tasted to classic MrPibb. I really want to see my Mr Pibb back the (original mr. Pibb) not pibb extra I’ve heard they pay high price money for a can of the old original but I have yet to find it. Mr.Pibb and pibb xtra are same but it new look kind, with xtra is a little more caffeine is add in it. They changed the name instead to Mr. Pibb. I miss my old mr. Pibb (put it in your head) can I haven’t had this drink in over 20 years. Favorite Answer. When they launched the beverage, they cheekily made it available first to tasting groups in Dr Pepper's birth city of Waco. Been hooked ever since. -- 64.149.36.182 (talk) 06:21, 28 August 2009 (UTC) It was SOOOO good. Unfortunately, WisPak did a reformulation on Doc360. It has the edge on Dr. Pepper in my opinion because I like the added cinnamon. The pibb x-tra is not the same nor as good as the original regular mr pibb. level 1. I know I would! Still love the Pibb. It's actually Pibb Xtra (leave off the "E") and it's exactly the same as the old Mr. Pibb. I […], Your email address will not be published. They would make so much money if they did a limited release of it!!!!! Mr. Pibb was so good, I have found the closest equivalent to be Dr. Thunder which is Walmart’s store brand. reformulation, I like that one. About 10-12 years ago, I bought a 20oz bottle of Pibb Xtra. That product was discontinued. Pibb Xtra is a reformulation of Mr. Pibb (sometimes styled as Mr. PiBB), a soft drink created and marketed by The Coca-Cola Company. If I were to subtitle this post, it would be: “Why I have a 12-year-old unopened can of Mr. Pibb in my refrigerator.” Because I do. Signed a very concerned customer!!!! It was a lot smoother going down. I have them “smuggle” a few cases back north every year and save for my Sunday macaroni. I sometimes mix Doc X and Doc X Zero. I grew up on Mr. Pibb, my high school had a soda machine that dispensed it! However, I’ve had limited access to Pibb in general due to the fact that my family despises the drink. Its 23 bucks for a 12 pack. Hi , I love pibb zero but I didn’t find it very ofton .a friend said to order it online, its outrageous, did they quit making it? Evansville, and you’re not rhapsodizing about Ski? Now, when it, So yesterday we were discussing school cafeteria p, The Last Bag of Wonka Runts Freckled Eggs - The Plain Cheese. I don’t recommend anything else sold there. My soft drink of choice. I’ve grown up w Pibb Xtra my whole life, have so many fond memories of such but I’ve always wished I could’ve tasted Mr. Pibb. In 2001, the company underwent another name change and became known as Pibb Xtra. At all. However, I can’t really compare it to the old version because, although I remember having the old version, I don’t really remember how it tasted compared to the new one. [5], In 2001, a new formula called Pibb Xtra[6] added cinnamon flavor,[citation needed] replacing the original formula in many parts of the United States. You can still find Mr. Pibb in some restaurants! pibb . Yes. If i’m truly desperate I’ll take water. Mr. Pibb has been discontinued. It was rumored that Pibb Xtra contained additional caffeine as well, but that isn’t true. level 2. Pediatric AssociatesMr Pibb Vs Pibb Xtra Photos, videos, and other materials. And hate that you can’t buy it in stores. […] announced that they had been discontinued due to “low sales volume.” Aargh! Pibb Xtra Pibb Xtra, formerly called Mr. Pibb (sometimes styled as Mr. PiBB), is a soft drink marketed by The Coca-Cola Company. You would think the makers would have both to give people a choice. Required fields are marked *, Review: Little Caesars Soft Pretzel Crust Pepperoni Pizza, Review: Vidalia Brands Sweet Onion Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, Flashback: The Sad Story of Mr. Pibb and Pibb Xtra, The Last Bag of Wonka Runts Freckled Eggs. I relocated to Chattanooga and I can not find a flipping Pibb, AHHHHHHH!!!!! On the rare occasion, I have be able to get Pibb Xtra which appeals to me as an exotic looking flavor of soda. Does anyone still remember the original can with the variegated sides? Don’t you realize that the only reason a company would switch and later eliminate an original formula is for economics alone. Pibb Zero has the bold, full flavored taste of Pibb Xtra without the calories. We drive 3 hours to buy a 12 pack! Honestly, I hadn’t had a Pibb in 3 years so I didn’t notice a difference in the taste, I just glug-glug-glug-aaaaahhhhhh! Im gonna have to pay closer attention to American dad…i didnt take that episode as really being true…oh mother of pearl..im sad now…jst ruined what lil enjoyment i recieved from some say soda i say pop…. Holy Hanna batman..i had no clue they had discontinued my Mr PiBB….didnt even realize that it had changed to Pibb Xtra…jst thought it was a marketing ploy…well guess have to buy plane ticket an fly to Japan cuz thats only place you will ever see them…Why…Why..Why???? [4] In 1980, Mr. Pibb was reformulated and marketed with the words "New Taste" printed prominently on the products. REWARDS HISTORY Pibb Xtra Cans, 12 fl oz, 12 Pack: Pibb Xtra provides an intensely flavored, refreshing, spicy cherry alternative to regular cola.We want you to be fully satisfied with every item that you purchase from www.dollargeneral.com. Ever. Coke would make millions if they brought it back for a limited release! Its bold taste and graphics appeal to young adults who are looking to get the most out of life and the most out of their soft drink. Pibb Xtra is a reformulation of Mr. Pibb (sometimes styled as Mr. PiBB), a soft drink created and marketed by The Coca-Cola Company. As recently as 2020, Pibb Xtra has been marketed as a "refreshing, spicy cherry alternative to regular cola".[7][8][9]. Until 2001, when Coca-Cola reformulated the drink and replaced my beloved original with Pibb Xtra. Mr Pibb, currently known as Pibb Xtra is owned by the great Coca Cola Company and taste much better than Dr Pepper. My experience with Pibb in general has been somewhat exclusive based on the circumstance that I was born in 1999 which means that I had no idea that Mr. Pibb was ever a thing. To this day, Pibb Xtra is still the Dr. Pepper of the Coke world, with the original Mr. Pibb nowhere to be found. We were at ESPN zone in Downtown Disney (at Disneyland resort) last week, and I was so excited to be able to order a Mr. Pibb! Both of them. Me and my family lived in Executive Manor apartments and my dad talked me into trudging through the thigh high snow to buy him some cokes and I got a Mr. Pibb. It’s so cool that your love for Mr Pibb started at Silver Dollar City! I'm totally Pro-Pibb. The little leading lady at The Plain Cheese. I’ve collected so much memorabilia over the years, and I wanna taste Mr. Pibb really badly! SodaFinder.com even has some available — each can is $24.95. Happy #NationalPizzaDay! Color: Caramel Related: Pibb Xtra, Pibb Zero, Dr. Pepper Variants: Diet Mr. Pibb, Pibb Blue, Sugar Free Mr. Pibb Mr. PiBB … A 12-ounce serving of Pibb Xtra contains 140 calories, all of which are from sugar. My own take in the flavor differences between Dr. Pepper are that Dr. P has the high, sugar sweetness of a Pepsi type drink with flavors, and original Mr. Pibb had the acidic bite and burn of Coca Cola Classic with the deeper flavors.