You can also watch this step-by-step video that will show you the exact process I used to cook a whole chicken on the Pit Boss pellet grill. In this video I show how to cook a beer can chicken. Fit whole chicken over the can of beer with the legs on the bottom; keep upright. Check out this delicious recipe for Hickory-Smoked Beer Can Chicken from Weber—the world's number one authority in grilling. Get ready! Place the bird in your smoker and add 3 to 4 wood chunks to hot coals for smoking. I purchased a Big Green Egg Smoker and was looking for new recipes and discovered this. Place the bird in your smoker and add 3 to 4 wood chunks to hot coals for smoking. Make an entire chicken right on the Traeger with a stand and a can of beer or a sprite or Fresca! That squatty little chicken is fun, awesome, and crazy delicious! Insert the half can of beer into the chicken’s cavity to make it stand breast side up. Cook for 1 hour. Rinse chicken under cold running water. Beer Can Chicken is known for not only being flavorful but also being fall… Rain or shine, Snow or sleet, there is never a bad time to make a good ‘ole Beer Can Chicken. This smoked beer can chicken recipe will walk you through the step by step instructions with pictures for making this at home in your own smoker or grill. Chicken and beer are a natural pairing. Smoker Beer Can Chicken Here is the perfect recipe for a juicy and flavorful chicken on the Traeger or your smoker. The rub adds savory flavor, the smoker adds a delicious smokiness, and the beer can mixture, which includes apple cider vinegar, onion, and garlic, infuses the meat with yet another layer of flavor. Smoked Beer Can Chicken Recipe Directions Soak some wood chips of your choice in water for a couple hours. Once the chicken … With tender flavorful meat inside and crispy smoky flavored skin on the outside, it will be the most satisfying bird you’ve ever had. Start by coating the entire chicken with the lemon juice, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. This beer can chicken recipe is like a roast chicken with a twist. Place the chicken at the center of the grill on top of the beer can with the chicken legs and beer can holding it up. Ingredients Material (Quantity) Whole chicken (1) Olive oil (2 tablespoons) Salt (1 tablespoon) Thyme (2 teaspoons) Dill (2 teaspoons) Garlic powder(2 teaspoons) Beer (1 can) I start with a couple whole chickens (about 4-5lbs ea). Smoke for one hour at 225 – 250 degrees. I love my Steven Raichlen Stainless-Steel Beer Can Chicken Rack with Drip Pan , which is pretty simple to use. Serve your smoked beer can chicken with grilled veggies, mashed or roasted potatoes , or oven fries . Sep 9, 2016 - This simple Traeger Beer Can Chicken recipe makes moist and flavorful chicken a breeze. While you can simply use a beer can and perch your chicken on top, it’s so much easier to make a smoked beer can chicken recipe with a beer can chicken holders. The chicken is injected with a butter mixture. Explore Food And Drink Meat Chicken Recipes Roasted Chicken. Close the smoker and allow chicken to cook … I have a 6 3/4 lb whole chicken that I am going to do beer can style. Smoke Chicken: Place the whole roaster chicken on the smoker, breast up. Whatever method is employed, the chicken is always flavorful, tender, and juicy. -Smoke your beer can chicken for approximately 2-2.5 hours at 350 degrees until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 at the breast. Preheat smoker to 110 C. Add about an inch of water or flavoured liquid in the water bowl. Once the Beer Can Chicken is sitting on the can, it’s ready to go on the smoker. Easy to create this beer can chicken smoker recipe is perfect for breaking in a new smoker or anytime you want a tried and true delicious bbq main dish! Just rub the bird with Traeger Chicken Rub, place it on a can of beer, and roast it over mesquite hardwood pellets. This is the best chicken that I have ever had! Discard giblets and neck from chicken; drain and pat dry. Traeger Beer Can Chicken Summertime, the best time of the year! This easy BBQ beer can chicken recipe is easy to make, impressive to serve. -Open your beer can, drink or pour a little bit out, and place it in your beer can chicken rack. . For this recipe, we recommend to use best pellet grill. When the smoker reaches 110 C, put the chicken (skin side up), laid out as flat as possible on the rack. I think the key part of this recipe is the injection. Place the bird in your smoker and add 3 to 4 wood chunks to hot coals for smoking. Grilling and BBQs are the things I look forward to the most every year, and this popular Beer Can Chicken method is one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken. The crunchy, buttery skin is seriously good. Whether you have a pellet or electric smoker you'll love how easy a whole chicken is to cook. This will prevent them from flaring up and make them last longer while you are cooking your beer can chicken. The cooking temperature I use for smoked chicken is 300 degrees. Ingredients • 1 chicken • 2 tablespoons Kosher salt • 2 teaspoons baking powder • 3-4 tablespoons Tennessee Whiskey Its smoky, beer-y flavors will prove a hit at your next BBQ. Beer Can Chicken Recipe I remember learning how to run my first cheap offset-smoker cooking whole chickens on a beer can – what we call Beer Can Chicken. This Traeger beer can chicken recipe is the best chicken ever. This buttery Smoked Beer Can Chicken is one of the most delicious things that has come off my Traeger yet! You only need a few ingredients and most of the work can be done ahead of time. You can cook outside, eat outside, just BE outside. It makes the chicken so tender and juicy. 3. This smoked beer can chicken recipe is simple and easy. mainly because the first time I didn’t get photos, the second time we planned to get photos 4. Beer brine the chicken, add a simple rub and let it sit on a beer in the wood pellet grill. Cook for about First you’ll want to get your smoker preheated to Hey everyone! I notice everyone seems to put the temp probe in the breast rather than between the leg and thigh. Spicy Chicken Sliders Recipe This Spicy Chicken Sliders recipe is perfect for Labor Day BBQ . I like buying my chicken at Costco because they come two to a pack and I like having plenty of chicken leftover for the next day to make chicken tacos or throw on top of nachos. We have eaten it three times in the past two weeks. Make it in the Masterbuilt or any other smoker. Smoke for one hour at 225 – 250 degrees. I found the recipe on the website The Smoker King (smokerking.com). There are tons of recipes out there for Beer Can Chicken, and they all sound delicious. Pop half a can of beer inside the chicken, and carefully place it on the grill. This Beer Can Chicken took 2 hours to reach final temperature and when the thighs were close I moved the probe to the breast just to confirm that it was ready. Set your smoker or grill up for indirect cooking and add a couple chunks of fruit Lightly oil the rack. Insert the half can of beer into the chicken’s cavity to make it stand breast side up. One of the very first things we learned to smoke when we bought our first smoker was how to make a Smoked Dr. Pepper Chicken. The crunchy, buttery skin is seriously good. Apr 8, 2020 - Nothing says let's hang out by the grill like this smoked Beer Can Chicken. This is similar to how to smoke a Beer Can Chicken where you place the can directly up into the chicken to prop it up on the smoker and allow maximum smoke exposure and steam to get into your chicken, which makes it delicious, flavorful, and super tender! STEP 5 Carefully remove the chicken from the smoker and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into it. So…let’s get started. One reason for its popularity is that you can cook a beer can chicken in the oven, on a gas grill, on a charcoal grill or on a pellet grill/smoker. This recipe yields the tenderest, juiciest, most delicious beer can chicken EVER. Apr 7, 2018 - Our Beer can Chicken is some of the best Chicken you've ever had! Smoked beer can chicken is so amazing! If you’re more of a instructional person who loves to read, follow the step-by-step instructions below. -Place the bird face up on top of the can and put it on in your smoker.