https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rémy_(name)&oldid=1004500416, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Remy Marathe, a fictional member of Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents, a. Remy, the landlord in the television series, This page was last edited on 2 February 2021, at 22:28. Can I have some middle name ideas please! The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1997 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies. What is the meaning of the name Remy? Remona is soft and pretty and not too crazy! The Remy family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The name Remi is a girl's name of French origin meaning "oarsman". Just ask the cute little aspiring French chef (and anthropomorphic rat) from the animated film “Ratatouille" (2007). Meaning of Remy name, its origin, religion. The name Remy is in the following categories: English Names, Unisex Names. Also note the spelling and the pronunciation of the name Remi and check the initials of the name with your last name to discover how it look… “Remy, what are you doing in here?” Ratatouille (2007) Famous people named Remy or its variations. Since Remy has been considered a masculine name for well over 1,500 years it may take more than just a couple years to feminize it. Baby Name Remy meaning A person who is an oarsman. Variants: For another variant of the name Rémy across the world, see Remy. I wouldn't name her some weird made up name just so I could shorten it to what I really want. See also the related categories, king, english, latin, apostle (teacher), and french. This could be good news for you. They love tranquility. Popularity: #425 (for a boy) #537 (for a girl) Nickname for Remy: Short and sweet as is. It is also used as a nickname for the name Remington. They lack initiative. Name: Rémy . And not Remington because I think that's too masculine :) - BabyCenter Canada Gender: For a boy or girl. 1989), American actress 2. 1984), American actress 3. The meaning of Remi is “Oarsman”. Americans generally pronounce the "emy" portion of Remy (or Remi) to be pronounced like "Emmy", rather than the French pronunciation where is sounds more like "Aimee" -- and here, it's commonly associated with the name Remington (as in the gun manufacturer: pronounced Remm-ing-ton, not Ray-ming-ton). The name is of Old English (Anglo-Saxon), Germanic and Latin origin and comes from the following roots: (RIMINGTON) (RAGINMUND) and (REMIGIUS). The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Remmy is Saturday, May 11th, 1889. Meaning: Oarsman Or Remedy. Many parents prefer this spelling for a girl to the Remy spelling Its ranking then was #425. NAME ROOT: (rimington) (RAGINMUND) (REMIGIUS) MEANING: Remy is a short form of Remington, Raymond and Remigius. The name Remy means Oarsman Or Remedy and is of French origin. Adorable name that's fashionable but is gaining momentum: it entered the US Top 1000 in 2013 and has been rising since. I think Remy or Remi is a perfectly acceptable first name without having to be short for something. We are thinking of Remi for our girl too :), I think Remona would be pretty and you could use Remy as a nick name! Write Remy in Hindi : रम्य, , Baby names meaning in Urdu, Hindi Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. Do you have any ideas what longer name Remy could be short for? Its meaning is "From The Raven Farm, Champagne". All contents copyright © BabyCenter, L.L.C. People living in the UK, America (USA), Canada, India, and Saudi Arabia can search the details of Remy name online without any hassle. Opinions? I know a girl named Remilynn which I really like. Remy is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. Rémy, Remy, Rémi or Remi is a name of French origin, and is associated with the Latin name Remigius. Create good names for games, profiles, brands or social networks. It's nice. Its usage peaked modestly in 2018 with 0.037% of baby boys being given the name Remy. Rémy is a rarely used baby name for boys. Remy’s are also secretive about emotions and hide them behind jokes for example if you’re friend is upset they will crack a joke that may insult themselves. Here is a list of Sibling names … Remy or Remi is a short form of the male name Remigus which means 'oarsman'. Need a Sibling name for Remmy?? If you love the name, but can't find a longer name that would work, just use Remy by itself! I know someone named Romina, so that could work... Talking about baby names is just really great fun. Obviously Remington doesn't work for a girl so the above suggestion is nice. Usage: Rémy is not a popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name. Can also mean a remedy, cure | Find Name for your Baby using SchoolMyKids Baby Name Finder - Largest Baby names Database List. The name Remy consists of 4 Letters and 1 Word that includes it in a short name however Remy name meaning is quite snazzy. Discover the origin, popularity, Remy name meaning, and names related to Remy with Mama Natural’s fantastic baby names guide. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here).We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories … Around the year 500, King Clovis united the Franks, founded the Merovingian dynasty, and converted to Christianity. Middle name for Remy: Morgan . Name Remy Categories. I know a girl named Remina (pronounced Rem-EE-na) that has always gone by Remy and I LOVE it. Remy name meaning, origin, and more . You can use our middle name generator to find middle names that match the first name, Remmy. I know it's more traditionally a boys name but I like it for a girl, which is saying something as I don't like many girls names. Remy is a fairly popular baby name for boys, and it is also viewed as trendy. You can use our Sibling name generator to find matching brother and sister names for the name Remmy. ! Gender: Male . Short Baby Boy Names Top 1000+ Baby Names 100+ Adorable French Boy Names Baby Boy Name Starting With R. Known Nicknames for Remy. Remy name meaning Related similar Names, Popular Names - What is the meaning Remy? The most Remy families were found in the USA in 1880. 1981), American rapper born Reminisce Smith Remy Middle Names Remy Cathleen Remy Jo Remy Miranda Remy Olivia Remy Suzanne Try the baby middle name generator. Remy Ryan Hernandez (b. When was Remmy first recorded in the United States? Remy is an unusual first name for men but a very prominent surname for both adults and children (#9174 out of 150436, Top 6%). Remy name origin is Hindi. See the popularity of the girl's name Remy over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Remi and its name origin or of any other name in our database. A bishop with the same name was a leading figure in French history. If you love the name, but can't find a longer name that would work, just use Remy by … Remy Ma (b. (2000 U.S. Thanks to Lola for suggesting our impeccably French Baby Name of the Day. Remy name numerology. By the way, I'm not pregnant but my fiance and I were talking about baby names the other day and I was at a total loss when he asked what girl names I liked! In 1840 there were 4 Remy families living in Louisiana. The name's popularity has been growing since the 2000s; before that, it was of very light use only. So my husband keeps coming back to Remy but for a girl.I'm not convinced - I worry it's a bit chavvy and also using a boy's name for a girl.Unusual a Learn the meaning of the girl’s name Remy on Baby Name Wizard, your trusted source for baby name origins, popularity and more! DEMOGRAPHICS) Remy was first listed in 1997 and reached its top position of #537 in the U.S. in the year 2018. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. Remy is a gender neutral name though is most commonly used on boys and the name can also be spelt as Remi. They are helpful & friendly. (2000 U.S. CENSUS) Remy entered the list in 1990 and reached its apex rank of #425 in the U.S. in 2018. People with name Remy are followers & not leaders. Hi My very fussy husband has finally said he likes the name Remi/Remy for a boy or a girl. Remy is a French name meaning: “oarsman”. Remy: Remigius. Symptômes de grossesse à ne jamais ignorer, Moyens naturels pour déclencher l'accouchement, We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the. The name Remy is derived from Latin name Remigius. They like the opposite sex. Remy Zaken (b. From either the name Remigius "oarsman" or the name Remedius "remedy". First, it means that more people will recognize the name. Person with Remy having 2 as Personality number give undue importance to family. Louisiana had the highest population of Remy families in 1840. 1. I only know a boy named Remington and he goes by Remy. Remy is a medieval name transformed by the long-tailed hero of 2007’s Pixar hit Ratatouille. Submit your funny nicknames and cool gamertags and copy the best from the list. And not Remington because I think that's too masculine :). Rémy, Remy, Rémi or Remi (French: /ʁemi/, English: /rɛmiː/, /riːmiː/ or /reɪmiː/) is a name of French origin, and is associated with the Latin name Remigius. You can use our middle name generator to find middle names that match the first name, Remy. He's usually shown in bishop's robes, sometimes with … Also, not short for anything, just Remy. They give in easily. lol. Nicknames, cool fonts, symbols and tags for Remy – Rem, Rem Rem, Remster, ꧁ད⧼⧽ཌ꧂ , Sleepy Boiiii, Remmie. Remy is a Hindu baby boy name. I think Remy or Remi is a perfectly acceptable first name without having to be short for something. - Page 2: My husband really likes the name Remy for a girl, but I think it's more of a nickname. Remy is an uncommon given name for females but a very popular surname for all people (#9174 out of 150436, Top 6%). This was about 80% of all the recorded Remy's in the USA. My husband really likes the name Remy for a girl, but I think it's more of a nickname. What could Remy be short for? People with the name Remy include: French: from Latin Rēmigius, a derivative of rēmex (genitive rēmigis) oarsman (from rēmus oar + agere to ply, work). ♥ Add to my Namelist. We know there are a lot of baby name aficionados on BabyCenter and so here's the place for you to swap ideas, get a second opinion and share some stories. ... Do you need a Middle Name to go along with the baby name, Remy? Remy’s are a funny strong headed people they protect their friends fiercely and love to make their friends laugh. It's super cute. He was made a saint, and there are many statues and paintings of him. Remedius (German), Remi (German), Remigio (Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish), Remigius (German), Remy (English), Rémi (French), Romed (German), and Romedius (German) are variants of Rémy. It is used either as a surname, a male, or female given name. Do you have any ideas what longer name Remy could be short for? Surname name Remington is also on the rise, with many of those children potentially using Remy/Remi for short. They are docile, sensitive, gentle & kind. They are artistic & imaginative. 1997-2021 All rights reserved. • Saint Rémy or Saint Remigius (437–533) who baptised Clovis I, King of the Franks People having the name Rémy are in general originating from Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland.