Yotam Ottolenghi, Yotam Ottolenghi, Helen Goh, 1 1/2 hours, plus at least 8 hours’ soaking. This recipe was too full of yummy promises to be true, but it kept them all – and then some! I also read in your other post that your brother was in St. John’s last week, they were hit pretty badly there, I hope he made it home safe. I am sure seared chicken or beef would be fine. Creamy Brie Four Cheese Mac and Cheese with Buttery Ritz Crackers + Video. This was one of the recipes that went over big, and I’ve been dying to share it. HI! Thank you Pam! I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you have any other questions! I hope you love this recipe. I do not remove the lemongrass, it cooks down and is not chewy. xTieghan. This Thai Ginger Basil Arugula Salmon Salad takes less than twenty minutes to throw together and is loaded with delicious fresh and bright flavors! I love all things saucy and HI! Thanks for this great recipe tutorial. Do you remove the lemongrass before serving or does it cook down enough to not be tough and chewy? I am so glad you love this recipe! Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit/230 degrees Celsius and position a rack in the top third of the oven. https://healthythairecipes.com/thai-style-coconut-curry-salmon The Best 10 Minute Pan Seared Thai Chili Scallops Recipe is the secret to perfect pan seared scallops in a Thai chili sauce, bursting with lemon and Thai basil flavor for a Thai Restaurant quality scallop dinner in under 15 minutes - from fridge to plate!. Please let me know if you have any other questions. You need it for flavor, but that should not be spicy! Please let me know if you have any other questions. xTieghan. Required fields are marked *. AWESOME! 1. Here’s the deal, I know salmon in curry might sound odd, but trust me on this one. If you make this salmon curry, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Place the salmon skin side down on a very large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment, arranging it diagonally so it fits. xTieghan. Thanks! One last note, I also don’t think this qualifies as “light” or “healthy” given the amount of full fat coconut milk. it will be just fine. Awh that is so sweet Charlotte! Recipe by Michael Babcock Adapted from a recipe by Kasma Loha-unchit. We use an app that is apart of our recipe box for the calories, so I really can’t speak much to this. Serve the curry with rice topped with cilantro and mint for garnish. Hi Rebecca, It’s all made in one pot using good for you ingredients like ginger, citrus, fresh winter greens, and heart healthy salmon. I hardly ever follow recipes to the letter, but I did with this one because it seemed really great, and reviews were good. 150,670 suggested recipes. The curry paste is not too spicy, but why dont you start with 1-2 teaspoons and see how you like that? In a spice grinder, mini food process or mortar, blitz or pound the garlic, lime zest, ginger and 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky salt (or 3/4 teaspoon fine salt) to a paste, scraping the sides down as you go. 4. xTieghan. I have tried this recipe a number of times, and even when I use seasme oil on a low heat, it burns and smells awful, and everything in my pan burns. Thank you, and I love your blog and recipes! I do a lot of cooking, and plenty with coconut milk, but TWO CANS for four servings? In a blender or food processor, mix all Thai Basil Sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. We make and love tons of your recipes at home. Not only is this salmon curry healthy and comforting, it's also delicious. I hope you love this recipe. Saucy 30 Minute Thai Basil Salmon Curry Half Baked Harvest. Thank you! Thank you!! And I am so glad you loved this recipe, Deanna! https://healthythairecipes.com/thai-style-coconut-curry-salmon Hi , Hey Morgan! The salmon melted in you mouth and the layers of flavor and texture was wonderful. 'Twist It' in Under 30 Minutes. Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit/230 degrees Celsius and position a rack in the top third of … I hope you love this recipe. Thank you! The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. I love salmon with Thai flavors in general, but I especially love it in a saucy coconut based curry. xTieghan. If you love salmon with toppings like this basil pesto salmon, you’d also like my lemon garlic baked salmon recipe (with a parmesan crust!) Wonderful depth of flavor. Thank you! Additional spices like cayenne will also add heat and flavor. Rub salmon fillets lightly with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Ingredients For Coconut Curry Salmon Recipe in Thai style. It originally was the dressing used for their Roasted Sweet Potato, Avocado and Pickled Ginger Salad . Turn off the heat. xTieghan. This creamy skillet salmon is rich without being too thin. Dairy-free, Grain-free, Nut-free, paleo-friendly, low-carb and whole30 compliant… does it get any better than that? xTieghan. Love! I had napa cabbage on hand, and used that instead of the kale. Thai red curry paste, extra garlic, onion, a bit of fish sauce, lime juice, and a little sugar is a symphony of flavors dancing on your tastebuds. The flavors were very blaa and one dimensional, as if it needed seasoning – but we couldn’t pinpoint just what. May 22, 2020 - This bowl has a zesty Thai pesto, a paleo rice replacement from cauliflower florets, fresh veggies, and of course the salmon for protein and healthy fats. This is the second recipe of yours that I’ve tried, and both are keepers – the other one is the twisted garlic-herb-cheese bread – that has become one of my husband’s lunch time favorites. Spray grill rack with a nonstick cooking spray. xTieghan. Hi! black soy sauce, to taste; 1-2 Tbs. Crispy Brown Butter Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic Caramelized Mushrooms + Goat Cheese + VIDEO. I think I will maybe use 1 can instead of two next time. Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. Thai food is delicious. Roast sunchokes for 20 to 22 minutes, tossing the vegetables and rotating the pans halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through. I thought my husband was crazy when he suggested salmon curry for dinner. Not only is this salmon curry healthy and comforting, it’s also delicious. I made this with my daughter tonight, it was wonderful, my family loved it! It originally was the dressing used for their Roasted Sweet … Thank you Eleanor! The preparation is delicious, but I am confused by the calorie count. Place salmon onto prepared baking sheet and fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Hi! Step 5: Serve with a garnish of Thai basil or coriander. I hope you love this recipe. .. And wow that is hot!! I looove this sauce. Hi! Thanks so much for sharing this! I love these flavors, what a delicious curry recipe! Thank you so much! My hope is to inspire a love for amazing food, as well as the courage to try something new! Thank you! Thai basil and it's close relative holy basil are used in South-east Asian cooking to bring a delicate aniseed and clove flavour to recipes. And also so easy and fast. I made cauliflower fried rice with great rosemary, garlic, seasoned with garlic powder and salt and pepper instead of white rice and was delicious. HI! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Serve this over a bowl of steamed rice for a satisfying dinner that everyone will love. The flavors are perfect, just a little spicy, a hint of saltiness, and very herby and fresh. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I have checked the ingredients 5 times over to see if I missed anything, but I didn’t…The one change I did make was using lite-coconut milk, which I acknowledge could have watered it down. I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe, Dave! I will definitely be making this again and again. It’s always nice to have other opinions. If you are concerned, I recommend using online calculator and calculating the info yourself Please let me know if you have any other questions. Use store bought curry paste to reduce cook time. With a freezer full of red salmon we will definitely make this again. Thai Basil and Ginger Dressing is a delicious and punchy dressing that brings salads to life. Basil & Lemon Salmon is wrapped in foil and then baked in the oven until tender and flaky. ?? Thank you! Because I use Thai sweet basil, rather than holy basil, it is actually pad horapa, stir-fried with Thai sweet basil. Any idea how much frozen lemongrass would be equivalent to one stalk? The calorie count is per serving! Hi there! Trust us, you are going to love Coconut Curry Salmon Recipe in Thai style.. Enjoy the taste of Asian flavors with this easy and delicious salmon recipe of ginger, basil, garlic, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Exactly as described hearty feeling yet still light! Which kind of curry are you looking for? It was amazing. Our recipes include salmon fillets, salads, parcels and tacos. Sometimes I use green curry instead of red to switch it up but they are both delicious! For the recipe you will need 400ml tin coconut milk (full-fat), 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 red chilli (finely diced), 1 garlic clove, 6cm piece of ginger (peeled and finely chopped), 2 limes, 2 tsp fish sauce, 1 cauliflower, 2 Romano peppers, 3 banana shallots, 2 tbsp sunflower oil, 1 tbsp runny honey, 150g baby courgettes, and finally 6 small salmon fillets with their skins removed. 2. Any tips on what veggies I can add to this? I hope you love this recipe. Thank you!! Hi Jesse, it sounds like you just needed to add more curry paste to you and your husbands taste. xTieghan. You can omit the honey and I would use 1 tablespoon of lemongrass paste! Planning on cooking only HBH this week ❤️. The Making of Thai Style Salmon and Noodle Soup A printer-friendly recipe card can be found at the bottom of this post. Sprinkle with the coriander and Thai basil. I can’t get fresh lemongrass near me, but I do have some frozen lemongrass I got at the grocery store. Thank you so much! Sorry this didn’t seem to meet your expectations. I hope you love this recipe! While the broth is simmering, heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest, lime juice, cilantro and/or basil. xTieghan. If salmon is thinner reduce cooking time. Thank you so very much for giving the recipe a try, I am so glad it worked out for you! Roast for another 10 minutes, or until the salmon has cooked through. Thank you so much Eike! xTieghan. I hope you love this recipe! Is the calorie count for 4 or 6 servings? We made your curry chicken meatballs two nights ago and the greek chicken skewers last night and loved them both, but would just love to know what is included in a serving calorie count. xTieghan, Dear Tioghan Thank you! Prepare this seafood dish in less than 30 minutes. Delicious, delicious, delicious! Cover and cook 5-8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. I think if I made it again I would maybe pan-fry some of the salmon with the shallots and then only use one can of coconut milk to avoid watering it down too much and simmer it to get some of the fishy flavours into the sauce. HI Kathleen! Thank you so much! Thank you so much Laura! Hi Marija! What’s truly great about cooking the salmon in coconut milk is that you really can’t overcook it. it was a hit with the entire family. It was easy and fun combining all the ingredients! xTieghan. Recipe by Nutritionist meets Chef Perfect for the winter season (even if it hasn’t quite kicked in here in Toronto just yet)! I love making my own curry paste, but it definitely does take time. I love thai curries, they’re my fave!! Thank you so much for trying it! Basil Salmon – Salmon Pad Horapa. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Fantastic! Delicious! Definitely going to keep this recipe ? This looks amazing! Recipe Notes. So glad this turned out so amazing for you Alma! It's flavorful and comforting! I’ve made several of your recipes which I’ve really enjoyed, but this one just had no flavor. This healthy, easy, and low-carb seafood recipe is full of fresh basil, garlic, and lemon juice. I made this and it was amazing! The coconut milk complements the salmon so well! xTieghan. Exactly what we need in January! Thank you so much! Do you have an alternative to coconut milk? Looking for a quick and healthy dinner recipe? I hope you love this recipe. This Thai Ginger Basil Arugula Salmon Salad takes less than twenty minutes to throw together and is loaded with delicious fresh and bright flavors! Use store bought curry paste to reduce cook time. Saucy Coconut Curry with Rice Noodles and Garden Vegetables. Serve the curry with rice topped with cilantro and mint for garnish. and salmon complements them well. Thanks so much!! HI! To make the curry extra saucy and creamy, I used canned coconut milk. Keeping things colorful, quick, and cozy with this Saucy 30 Minute Thai Basil Salmon Curry. However, I did boil it uncovered while cooking the salmon to get some of that extra water out. So quick to prepare & cook, delicious flavours & lovely & light! Cut potatoes into 1 1/2-inch chunks. We won’t be making it again. This search takes into account your taste preferences. He actually has not made it home yet, but has a flight tomorrow and hopefully it takes off! Stir to combine, bring the mixture to a boil, add the salmon and greens. Thank you! The pesto turned out gorgeous, we had it with wide rice noodles. What brand curry paste are you using? Easy recipe that takes only 30 minutes and tastes delicious. Can’t believe how well this turned out! To reduce the cook time for this recipe, use 2 tablespoons of store bought curry paste. Weeknight 30 Minute Coconut Curry Chicken Meatballs. Thanks so much!! We will definitely make again! Serve with lime wedges alongside. Should it be included in the sauce or just sprinkled over at the end? I made this with canned salmon because that’s what I had on hand, and it was still great! Squeeze 2 teaspoons of the lime juice over salmon. I am sure cod will be great! I use green beans and Japanese eggplant in my recipe, however, you can customize this salmon curry recipe with the vegetables you may have already, like asparagus, spinach, or broccoli. Thanks so much for making the recipe, I am delighted it was enjoyed! Trust us, you are going to love Coconut Curry Salmon Recipe in Thai style.. Hey Sarah, I am really happy you have been enjoying my recipes and I hope you continue to! This recipe looks perfect for a chilly winter evening. This was one of the dishes that everyone raved about and loved. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy! Place the salmon into 4 separate bowls and ladle in some broth. To serve, divide the rice among bowls and spoon the curry overtop. Use the leftover basil-and-butter mixture to season your favorite cooked vegetables. I hope you love this recipe! xTieghan. Plus, doable in a weeknight! The Basil is a Carson City Thai food favorite rooted in tradition, creativity and taste. Your email address will not be published. I hope you love all of the health January recipes this year as well! This looks amazing! Not sure where I can find lemongrass and if I can’t, should I leave it out or is there a substitute? Hi! Hey Katerina, A keeper! The weather is bitter cold (especially right now, we’ve been in the negatives at night for days). Thanks so much!! Hi Sandy! Otherwise, I hope you love all of the other recipes you try! Wonderful, good flavors for a cold January. Whether you need to get dinner on the table for your family tonight or are planning your next get-together with friends, Half Baked Harvest Cookbook has your new favorite recipe. Turned out nice! Typical. I’ll make Wednesday’s salad tonight and the rest is sure to follow! Lastly, stir in the Thai basil leaves. I hope you love this one Ruth! Anne, Hi Anne! Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the garlic paste to the bowl with the butter and stir well. This is the perfect January meal! Peel the sunchokes, adding them to the water as you go to prevent discoloration. 3. Delicious recipe! I hope you love this recipe! Apr 6, 2018 - This bowl has a zesty Thai pesto, a paleo rice replacement from cauliflower florets, fresh veggies, and of course the salmon for protein and healthy fats. Thank you! 1 teaspoon snipped fresh lemon basil, regular basil, or dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or dill, crushed 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley or cilantro ¼ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or lime peel