using an unlocked iPhone or a pre-paid SIM card, they might need to adjust the APN settings for their SIM card. For iPhones, models till iPhone 4 will not have WhatsApp any more. WhatsApp Not Working On iPhone? Swipe up on the WhatsApp app preview to close it. Scroll down to the section of the available updates. You can open WhatsApp after a few seconds to check if it’s working. The older version on iOS might cause problems in the loading of WhatsApp and other performance-related issues. Swipe down from the top-right of your screen to access the, 2. For the time being, you can connect to a different Wi-Fi network or use a Wi-Fi hotspot from your friend’s smartphone and check if you’re able to use WhatsApp or not. bt, i use this no. It might be possible that the Wi-Fi network information has corrupted on your iPhone, or the connection parameters have been changed on the wireless access point. This is compatibility issue between whatsapp and IOS. There can be many reasons behind this issue. If you have any other questions, feel free to leave them down below in the comments section! 4. When WhatsApp is not working on your iPhone, there’s a decent chance that the app itself is malfunctioning. Poor connection to Wi-Fi, software crashes, outdated app software, or WhatsApp server maintenance are all things that could be causing WhatsApp to malfunction on your iPhone. To delete WhatsApp, gently press and hold the app icon until your iPhone briefly vibrates and your apps begin to jiggle. The mentioned steps work with any iPhone model, including the. Tap the user profile present on the top-right corner of your screen. Your email address will not be published. If the concern is mutual, there could be some network issues. If many apps aren’t working, you may not have a clean internet connection. Therefore, it’s a great idea to make sure that your iPhone is running the latest stable version of iOS. Step 1: Open the Settings app on the iPhone. Allow Necessary Permissions to WhatsApp. If you’re willing to wait, WhatsApp might have an incoming update that will fix your problem. You may not be able to use WhatsApp while it’s undergoing server maintenance. The current version of WhatsApp is 2.18.31 (when I write this article). For WhatsApp for iOS users, WhatsApp auto backup is an important feature for backing up WhatsApp chat message and media files to iCloud. To clear out such complications, the best is to uninstall WhatsApp and then install the latest version on your device. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. To check for an update, open up the App Store and tap the Updates tab at the bottom of the screen. WhatsApp is an all-in-one multi-platform communication tool for many iPhone users. Required fields are marked *. This super-easy trick has worked for me several times when my, 1. On your iPhone When your WhatsApp is not working on the Mobile Data of your iPhone, make sure to follow these steps. If you can’t detect or connect to a Wi-Fi network, or your Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping, just toggle the Wi-Fi switch. The WhatsApp version is not compatible with current iOS version. For this, turn on the Airplane mode on your iPhone and turn it off to stabilize the network. How to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on iPhone; How to Fix 3G or 4G Not Working on iPhone; 3. Video calls require microphone and camera access. Others using iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6S will have … Some minor app glitches could cause such problems and they can be easily fixed by closing and reopening the app. If you use iPhone, on the bottom right of the app, tap Settings. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If any part of that process changes, it may affect your iPhone’s ability to connect to the Wi-Fi network. users have reported several WhatsApp issues, including unable to send or receive messages, WhatsApp notifications not working on iOS 13, or app crashing problems. Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk, TechieTechTech will not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. When WhatsApp is not working, the first thing to do is restart your iPhone, which can occasionally resolve minor software glitches or bugs. Why is WhatsApp not working on my iPhone? Restart your phone, by turning it off and back on. Solution: The problem that WhatsApp notification sound is not working happens not only on iPhone but also on Android devices, like Samsung, OnePlus, LG. Unplug the router and other networking equipment from the power source for at least 15-20 seconds. Browser Issues: Browser can affect the working of WhatsApp web in many ways. By Alice Yang to iPhone App, WhatsApp | Last Updated on Mar.11, 2020. Here are 9 ways to fix it. After reinstalling it ask for access to my contacy list, I answer yes and it close. Another commonly reported instance by iOS users is when the WhatsApp notifications stop working on iPhone. How Do I Scan Documents On An iPhone? If you can’t detect or connect to a Wi-Fi network, or your Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping, just toggle the Wi-Fi switch. Once you’ve updated WhatsApp or if the app is already up to date and you’re still facing the same issues, try the other steps mentioned below. WhatsApp will not work on which phones in 2021? Wait for 5-10 seconds, then tap the icon again. Log out from All Devices on WhatsApp. Here’s our guide on how to fix it, Best Fast Chargers for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max in 2020, Galaxy S21 Not Charging? On iPhone 8 or earlier, simply double-click the home button to display your recently used apps and close the WhatsApp app. To clear out such complications, the best is to uninstall WhatsApp and then install the latest version on your device. WhatsApp is the preferred communication app of many iPhone users, so when it stop working, it affects a lot of people. Not many Android devices run … If you’re still facing the same issues, try out the other methods to fix WhatsApp crashing or not connecting issues. If WhatsApp is not working on your iPhone and you’re using a Wi-Fi network, there can be some issues with the Wi-Fi network and not your iPhone. Now, look for and tap the Mobile Data icon. WhatsApp is a fabulous social networking app for you to send messages, voice chat or video chat via network connection. Here are step-by-step instructions to delete the iCloud backup on the device. Turn Airplane mode on and off from iPhone ‘Settings.’ Open ‘Cellular’ from iPhone ‘Settings’ and turn cellular data on. This will clear out all the bugs in the network and give a fresh restart to the router. My iPhone “Cannot Verify Server Identity”! Swipe down from the top-right of your screen to access the Control Center. 5. Once you download the latest version, apply some necessary changes on your iPhone. We’ve mentioned Down Detector here. If WhatsApp is not working on your iPhone after you’ve updated iOS, try to close the app and then open it again. Tap Content and Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions. If not done, you will not be able to use WhatsApp anymore, starting January 1, 2021. Sometimes, the app might be corrupted completely, and therefore no longer work properly. https://www.wirefly.com/guides/whatsapp-not-working-on-iphone-how-to-fix After updating the app, it is possible to still encounter such glitches. Here’s how to disable Content restrictions on iOS 12 and above: 2. Just like restarting your iPhone, turning Wi-Fi off and back on can sometimes fix minor connectivity bugs or glitches. Let us quickly make sure that you have granted these permissions. While a majority of handsets with older mobile OS will still be able to support the app with limited features, a few devices will lose complete access to the messaging service. Users may see a message asking them to switch from 4G to Wi-Fi. But if you’re still interested in doing a factory reset, you can refer to our step-by-step guide. This article may be able to help you if you get a “no internet connection” message. Update WhatsApp to the latest version available from the Apple App Store. WhatsApp will not work on which phones in 2021? Therefore, it’s a great idea to make sure that your iPhone is running the, Toggle Mobile Data to clear out minor network errors and bugs on your iPhone. Tap on the Today tab at the bottom of your screen. Now, swipe up on the WhatsApp icon to close it. The issue is that although text messaging seems to be working, video and audio calls are not working in the app. I deleted it and re-installed it, I restarted my phone. If a file within WhatsApp has become corrupted, deleting the app and reinstalling it will give the app a fresh start on your iPhone. Now, tap on WhatsApp. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete the WhatsApp app from your iPhone 8 or above: 1. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn the slider ON. Check out the list of apps available. Use a different Wi-Fi network/ Use a Wi-Fi Hotspot. If you are having the problem where you cant make Whatsapp Audio or video calls on your IOS 14 device after updating or while being on IOS 14 and higher then this should help out. To turn Wi-Fi back on, tap the switch again — you’ll know it’s on when it’s green! If nothing has helped you fix the WhatsApp not working or connecting problems on your iPhone, you can resort to the last option of resetting all settings on your device. 3. That was all from our side on how to fix WhatsApp not working issues on your iPhone. When WhatsApp is not working on your iPhone, there’s a decent chance that the app itself is malfunctioning. Sometimes, closing out of the app and reopening it can fix those minor app glitches. Find the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re facing trouble with. In this article, I’ll explain what to do when WhatsApp is not working on an iPhone so you can fix the problem for good! Proceed at your own risk, TechieTechTech will not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Software updates automatically override your iPhone settings, and this could result in some conflicts with the apps present on your iPhone, including WhatsApp. App developers frequently releases updates to their app in order to add features and remove bugs or glitches. APN (Access Point Network) defines the network path for all the mobile-data connectivity. This super-easy trick has worked for me several times when my iPhone 11 ran into any data-related issues. If the WhatsApp notification is still not working normally on your iPhone, force stop the WhatsApp app and restart the device may help to fix the problem. If your WhatsApp not working on iPhone and you can’t send nor receive messages then go through the below things and make sure it's working properly. Checked with my brothers Iphone on IOS13 - no issue - calls works smoothly. 1. Please help me what can I do? When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. You get a list of all the Wi-Fi networks that you’ve added on your device. The mentioned steps work with any iPhone model, including the iPhone 11 series and the latest iPhone SE 2020. 5. If after you have tried all suggested fixes above, WhatsApp Web QR code is still not working, try this: Open WhatsApp app on your phone. Even changing the frequency from daily to weekly, but no effect. You can check the connection on your iPhone to allow the WhatsApp web to work. I just got an iphone X and can’t make voice or video calls on whatsapp. Now, swipe up on the WhatsApp icon to close it. that was used on this device in same iphone is same as what i m using this time. This one is for those with the problem where Whatsapp Call not Working Fix IOS 14. Come 2021, the widely popular messaging platform WhatsApp will stop working on a number of older iPhones and Android smartphones. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button (also known as the Sleep / Wake button) until the power slider appears on your iPhone’s display. Another way to troubleshoot a malfunctioning app is to delete it, then reinstall it on your iPhone. A charged staff writer and gym lover. , go to the Home Screen, Swipe Up, and pause in the middle. Also Read | Apple Mentorship Program Launch@Apple: Eligibility Details And How To Apply. Also, the users who’re using an unlocked iPhone or a pre-paid SIM card, they might need to adjust the APN settings for their SIM card. I restart and it ask if it can notify me with sounds, I answer yes and it close again. Plus, it removes the saved information on your iPhone that might be interfering with the authentication. Open the Settings app and scroll to the bottom. For iOS device like iPhone, there would be different ways to force stop the app, depends on the generation. Sometimes, closing out of the app and reopening it can fix those minor app glitches. Developers frequently release updates with new features as well as fixes to patch up the in-app errors that are causing performance issues on your phone. Then for the Android app, on the top right tap the 3 dots.