I started this blog to share my experience with you, and I hope it will be interesting. Use shot glasses and a few sponges. After, I replaced the shelves and inserted 84% Boveda packs to begin the seasoning process, which lasts two weeks (14 days). You won’t have to feel your way around the back of the cooler. Fit and finish are good and the little assembly required is very easy. Having a fondness to cigars demand to be classy. Please help us improve this review! Don’t bring them in the oven, though much quicker than the fridge would cook them out. Of course, the Whynter CHC-120S Stainless Steel 250-Cigar Cooler is a great option for collectors with limited budgets. If you want to purchase the best cigar humidor just have a look at this Whynter CHC-122BD Elite cigar cooler. Whynter cigar coolers are quite popular among U.S. cigar smokers. Cigar coolers offer optimal temperature and humidity for your most delicate collection. If you’re in a rush, be sure to check out the NewAir CC-300 Cigar Cooler. If you’re in a hurry and need to hold your cigars fresh momentarily, keeping wine and cigars together is okay for a limited period (like a couple of days). I normally do 3. Whynter Stainless Steel Cigar Cooler Humidor CHC-120S The Whynter Cigar Cooler Humidor CHC-120S can fit up to 250 cigars at a time, ideal for enthusiasts and collectors, alike. Ft. Cigar Humidor - Stainless Steel - CHC251S : Best Product Review From Consumer Thinking of buying Whynter 2.5 Cu. Worked great for 13 months but now it's not holding the desired humidity no matter what kind of humidity control I put in there. After doing research the Whynter coolidor looked like the perfect option. You would need a minimum of 5 days to fully season a cigar humidor. However, I quickly outgrew that smaller unit, so it was time to once again look for further accommodations. Whynter Company Review. Whynter review rated 2.0/5.0 with 1 Comment: Our fan stopped working on our cigar humidor shortly after one year. I wait 2 days after I seasoned it before I put cigars in it. We developed this guide, which included five of our favorite cigar coolers for humidors, in hopes of improving your smoking experience and salvaging those delicate, expensive smokes. Please help us improve this review! In no time, the cold, dry air in the refrigerator would dry out your cigars, and that is the reverse case of what you want. So, basically, capacity, humidity, and temperature are the key characteristics to focus on when you buy a cigar cooler for humidors. Leave the humidor undisturbed for 12 to 24 hours. [survey_answers id="50009984" style="piechart" legend="true"] [survey_answers id="50009984" qid="1" aid="1" style="plain" data="answer_percentage"] of users selected [survey_answers id="50009984" qid="1" aid="1" style="plain" data="answer"], [survey_answers id="50009984" qid="1" aid="2" style="plain"…. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Most cooler manufacturers advise users on how to choose a humidification agent. You’ll want to display your front and center. Makes a loud revving noise now. This will help you to track and adjust the humidity inside the cooler. This thing has no fuse. Like all humidors and cigar storage devices, these coolers have to be seasoned occasionally. I was running around 68 degrees and 74% humidity after I seasoned it and he said that wasnt to bad. I highly recommend that you buy this unit with insurance for peace of mind if it fits your personal needs. It can store your cigars and preserve their flavor, as well as protect them from harmful conditions and pests. I learned this lesson a long time ago, having your cigars cooled makes them way better. Adjustable shelves and drawers enable users to play around with a cooler’s storage space. This device uses just 120 volts of power to maintain your preferred temperature around the clock. I like the appearance & the price I got, but the temperature control stopped working shortly after I bought it & the company failed to understand the specific situation & didn't fix the problem. Copyright © 2021 All Rights Reserved by Smokeprofy. NewAir CC-300 provides the capacity for 400 pieces and in-built hygrometer; Whynter CHC-120S also has a separate thermostat, hygrometer for keeping 250 cigars chilly; NewAir CC-100H – another in-built heater and digital controls; Compressing systems for quick chilling, but they keep the air very dry – that’s why many cigar users do not choose these appliances for expensive items; On the contrary, thermoelectric gadgets provide a slower cooling effect, but the humidity levels are more stable. Whynter 2.5 Cu. For starters, your tap water might have several healthy drinking pollutants, however for months to years, you don’t really want these contaminants applied to the wood in your humidor, far less the cigars. This took some trial and error of trying different units and things, so to help others, here's what I did. Black trim and accents help to create an even sleeker aesthetic. It has a built-in lock and a dimmable LED light. This is early on, but I've had the humidor for two weeks now. 210 users answered this survey. Our Whynter Cigar Cooler humidor selection will not only have an inbuilt humidifier but also have a cooling unit that keeps your cigars at an optimal temperature. [survey_answers id="2033426530" style="piechart" legend="true"] [survey_answers id="2033426530" qid="1" aid="1" style="plain" data="answer_percentage"] of users selected [survey_answers id="2033426530" qid="1" aid="1" style="plain" data="answer"], [survey_answers id="2033426530" qid="1" aid="2"…, [pricingtable id='3478'] Choose the Best Hookah Hose [modalsurvey id="50009984" style="flat"] Customer's Choice: the Best Rated Hookah Hoses [survey_answers id="50009984" style="plain" data="score"] users answered this survey. I bought 5 of the 84% RH Boveda 320g packs to season it. If you’re tight on space, it’s an excellent choice and it would be ideal in an office or study as it doesn’t take much room. Repeat the process one or two more times. Required fields are marked *. What’s more, it deters common cigar pests. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Ft. Cigar Cooler Humidor - Black. This cigar cooler humidor contains a humidification tray (for use with preferred solution/moisture beads) and equipped with an elegant analog hygrometer which helps monitor the desired level of humidity. Lay a plastic sandwich bag flat in the bottom of the humidor. I would try to get that humidity down to around at least 72%. Read customer reviews and common Questions and Answers for Whynter Part #: CHC-421HC on this page. In addition, for Boveda bags, you may want to retain a steady humidity level. The temp it displays is about 10-15 F too low, I know this because I had 4 hygrometers in there. I have this and it takes a while for your humidity to drop after you season it. Cigar Cooler Humidor – 250 Cigar ct: Product Features: Most experts believe that storing cigars at 60-65%F is the best way to cool down expensive stogies. Therefore, at an optimum temperature of about 70F, cigars should be kept. The Whynter CHC-120S Stainless Steel 250-Cigar Cooler, 1.2 Cubic Feet Humidor, Black is a nicely designed electronic humidor that most cigar enthusiasts and aficionados would surely love. Eventually mine humidity dropped down to around 71%. To keep the required cool temperature level in a humidor, most aficionados use special devices – cigar coolers. So I'm using it as broke. Wood gives a degree of protection and is also included in the humidor of the desktop. If you are a cigar aficionado, there’s no better place than a cigar cooler to store your growing stogie collection. Many storage styles, like wooden humidors, appear not to have any insulation at all. Whynter organization that was established in Santa Fe Springs, California in 2006. 2. To ensure the temperature stays right, you may also need to test them from time to time. Whynter Elite Touch Control Stainless 1.2 cu.ft. Furnished with four Spanish Cedar flat shelves and two spacious drawers, the Whynter CHC-251S helps maintain humidity, emits a light complementary aroma, and helps repel damaging insects. Distilled water is applied for aquariums much of the time, but if you own a freshwater aquarium, you should find such water at home. At day seven, I opened the unit and, to my surprise, was met with pooled water in the very bottom of the unit. Basically, using a cigar cooler is one of the simplest ways to cool down cigars almost effortlessly. In most cases, 1.4 to 2 cubic feet of storage is enough for the average collector. Most cigar coolers contain a set of drawers and shelves made from Spanish cedar. There are many different models and each has its tricks you ought to learn. To me this indicates that the unit is good and tight. With the rationalization that buying by the box is MUCH more economical than buying singles or even 5 packs, one quickly needs to find suitable storage for the steady stream of packages arriving at one's door! In comparison, certain persons tend to hold cigars that are intended to mature at lower temperatures. You're supposed to take out your cigars and leave the Boveda in the humidor for 2 weeks. Cedar is suitable for the aging of luxury cigars because it responds well and repels cigar beetles with moisture. As a matter of fact, they also sell portable ice makers, portable ice cream makers, deep freezers, and even cigar humidor coolers. May 4, 2016 - An honest and in-depth Whynter humidor review of the Whynter 120S Stainless Steel Cigar Cooler/Humidor. This Whynter cu ft cigar wineador is rated with (5) stars. Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2017. In the pocket, put the sponge and close firmly. You can use the digital touch control to adjust the humidity and temperature in one-digit increments. If you set the temp around 68 degrees 77% humidity isnt that bad for this device my cigars have always burned easy and evenly. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Whynter want us to pay for shipping and repair which almost total the price of the cigar humidor. When the hygrometer registers a humidity level between 65% and 70%, your humidor is ready. Your email address will not be published. Make sure that your cooler of choice has a built-in digital hygrometer. Also keep it around 68 degrees that’s plenty for cigars. If you are considering buying one, read this first. Despite its low price, the Whynter’s stainless steel door and all-black panels make for a stunning, sophisticated presentation. But it gets tricky to store wine and cigars for an extended time. H Weight: 27 lbs. I’m new to the cigar world and really appreciate your reviews they are great and super informative. They make portable ice cream makers, cigar humidor coolers, air conditioners, deep freezers. Otherwise, for a few days, they need to be perfect. Their products and appliances have a high cooling effect and they know how cooling works. The front and center temperature control panel enables users to drop the cooler’s temperature down to a brisk 54 degrees Fahrenheit. According to the experts, cigars need to be stored at temperatures between 64 and 70 degrees. Please help us improve this review! Ultimately, it’s best to find a cooler with a capacity that’s a bit bigger than your actual collection. The NewAir’s digital display makes it easy for users to check and adjust the settings. I had two calibrated hygrometers in the unit (never trust the ones that arrive with any humidor) and the readings seemed off. Just google and do the research like it did and ask alot of questions at the cigar shops because those guys will beable to give you the best advice. Well, after receiving the unit, I immediately rubbed it down with distilled water and baking soda to remove all plastic smell and let it sit for 24 hours. At least my cigars are in a case that looks nice even if there's no temperature control anymore. It’s great if a cooler gives you an upfront look at what’s inside. This device is great because it has an air tight seal so relatively the humidity will be alittle higher. What We Love: Holds up to 50 cigars, so a great middle-of-the-ground humidor for the casual cigar smoker. When you’re packing away expensive stogies, heat and moisture are lingering threats. Reviewed in the United States on October 26, 2015. How to season properly a Whynter cigar cooler? The best thing is that the only things you have around the house are required. Also open the door and leave it barely open just a small crack that should help adjust it. After Seven Days of Seasoning, Found A Lot of Water Pooling at Bottom, Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2020. There is room for over 350 cigars inside this small storage container. W x 13.5 in. *New* WHYNTER 1.8in CIGAR COOLER HUMIDOR Stainless Steel w Humidification Tray 9.2 View Product 9.2 You May Also Like The 10 Best Thermoelectric Coolers 2,185 reviews scanned It boasts a built-in hygrometer and a digital control panel. 3) Condensation will occur occasionally, but you can use the beads to suck up some drops of water because they can sip onto the cigars. Size: One Size Verified Purchase. Although a fridge has more humidity than the average space, for more than a few days at most, you shouldn’t store cigars in it. Given the large variety of temperature regulation provided by cigar coolers, you would also be able to get this. It is incredibly essential to have pure water since it lacks some form of a chemical substance that can spoil your cigars. Air tight units make a different because it deosnt give bacteria and mold a chance to breathe and there fore mold cant grow. NB: Also, follow the instructions on how to use these appliances. Therefore, if you must keep your favorite product for a few seasons, you won’t do without a special cooler for humidors. CWC-351DD Whynter Freestanding 3.6 cu. Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2018. I would like to reach the 70/70… thank you! The more cigars you have in there the more it will absorb most of the humidity. Like most Whynter products, this cooler looks great from the outside. This incredible wood can handle high humidity without developing rot or mold. [pricingtable id='3252'] Choose the Best Tobacco Pipe[modalsurvey id="1639655138" style="flat"] Customer's Choice: the Best Rated Tobacco Pipes [survey_answers id="1639655138" style="plain" data="score"] users answered this survey. That is enough space for roughly 200 cigars. The organization has been developing at an amazing rate mostly because of the nature of its air items. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Whynter Elite Touch Control Stainless Cigar Cooler Humidor at Amazon.com. It features precise humidity and temperature controls, thermoelectric cooling that’s vibration-free, and a thermostat that can be adjusted from fifty degrees up to sixty-six degrees. Most coolers boast fan-driven cooling systems that circulate cool air. For cigar preservation, humidified wine coolers are ideal because they are built with airtight refrigeration seals and also have climate-controlled equipment that makes it simple for your cigars to sustain a constant temperature and humidity. Whynter CHC-172BD Elite Touch Control Stainless 1.8 cu.ft. This is one of the most affordable and reliable temperature-regulating storage options on the market. Some researchers claim that to stop mold, such stogies should be kept in a fridge. You can read real opinions and reviews about Whynter 1.2 Cu. I seasoned my New Air for 2 weeks worth the 84% Boveda packs. Black and stainless steel Whynter Cooler + Humidor … Many wine drinkers realize that at about 70 percent humidity, the optimal storage conditions for wine are 55F. A built-in hygrometer makes for easy real-time monitoring of the cooler’s internal temperature and humidity levels. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Whynter CHC-251S Stainless Steel 400-Cigar Cooler, 2.5 Cubic Feet Humidor, Black at Amazon.com. Large Capacity-Whynter CHC-122BD Elite Cigar Cooler Humidor. Just keep it around 68 degrees and eventually the humidity will be where you want it. You will also need to purchase a suitable humidifier. It has no on and off switch, you plug it in and should come on. Also, the entire bottom should be lined with a stabilizing material such as felt; this box is secured by just a single patch of felt at each corner. You can adjust the internal temperature to achieve your desired temperature. Please help us improve this review! Cedar contributes flavor and aroma to your cigars. Buy Here. Check the easiest way to season a humidor or cooler for cigars, if you don’t have a seasoning kit. I actually brought my cigars into a shop and had the owner inspect them and lightly squeezed them and he said it was perfect. While humidity and temperature should be your main considerations, it doesn’t hurt to have a fabulous presentation. The brand is in the market for a decade and is trusted for long by people. Top 5 Whynter Cigar Cooler Humidor. If anyone has advise on this let me know. Most experts believe that seasoning of this useful device has to be done in such a way: Too cold and the temperature shock will break your cigars until you light them. At a nearby drugstore, you will buy purified water for around $2.00-$3.00 for a gallon, which will be enough. The Whynter Humidor has no moving parts and is CFC-free, which means that you get silent, long-lasting, and environmentally safe refrigeration for your collection. If you are a small-time cigar collector with extra money to blow, then the Liebherr is an excellent option. You ought to review your hydrometer after a week or so; the gauge reads humidity. I ordered this unit, the Whynter CHC251S wineador after extensive researche. It includes a thermoelectric cigar cooling system. Higher humidity will make cigars burn slower and un evenly and will go out more. The drip pan at the back of the unit leaks. In most cases, you can adjust the height and position of the storage to accommodate a variety of packaged and loose cigars of varying sizes. Whynter was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Jul 20, 2012 and since then this brand received 58 reviews. This product was delivered on Nov 11, 2017, I'm writing this feedback on Dec 15, 2017 using it for about a month. ;) So, after filling up 2 desk top humidors and 3 large "Lock&Lock" containers, last year I decided to splurge and get the NewAir CC-100 Cigar Cooler (you can seek out my Amazon review of that item if you like). There's an adjusting screw on the back, but as far as I can tell that has no affect other than to stress the spring. Ft. Cigar Cooler Humidor CHC … The inside lining is scratch-resistant so it’ll stand the test of time. [survey_answers id="501803924" style="piechart" legend="true"] [survey_answers id="501803924" qid="1" aid="1" style="plain" data="answer_percentage"] of users selected [survey_answers id="501803924" qid="1" aid="1" style="plain" data="answer"], [survey_answers id="501803924" qid="1" aid="2"…, [pricingtable id='3201'] Choose the Best Leather Cigar Case[modalsurvey id="2033426530" style="flat"] Customer's Choice: the Best Rated Leather Cigar Cases [survey_answers id="2033426530" style="plain" data="score"] users answered this survey. Most cigar coolers contain shelves and drawers made from Spanish cedar.