We will help develop not only your kid's reading skills, but their love of learning as well. What better series for middle schoolers than the famous Harry Potter books? Reading For Pleasure. Watch Knowles read the first chapter of her middle grade novel, Where the Heart Is, while giving students a fun writing exercise. But these percentages are falling as digital entertainment rises. Here’s a link to some discussion questions surrounding his works. To go along with his collection of youth novels, Hobbs has created resources and activities for teachers and librarians. Green has also co-created Crash Course, a website that provides high-quality educational videos for high school and college-level classes. Wonderful author, she’s 91 now and Jan Spivey Gilchrist. High school students may have discovered the timeless magic of Emily Dickinson. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Copyright © 2021. Her stories stay up each day for 24 hours. She loves cooking, reading, and dancing in her kitchen. Click here. Year 6. Adventure Animals ... embarks on a quest to retrieve the sacred bones that will form the basis of human life. Story time never goes out of style. Tony DiTerlizzi is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and illustrator who has been creating books for twenty years. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. He has scheduled two read-aloud sessions on Facebook. Acclaimed author-illustrator Tonatiuh showcases a Mesoamerican creation myth in this thrilling picture book. Key Stage Booklists . Reads 3 chapters from “Miss Blake is a Flake” each day at 2:00 PM EDT, but you can also view archives! Students or kids reading Thomas’ The Hate U Give? About. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Follow along and get inspired to get reading and writing. To keep the list manageable, only … Browse these booklists created by Maria Salvadore, our children's literature expert. A former classroom teacher, Messner has written more than three dozen books for kids. He will be doing a live Shark Story Time reading on March 23rd at 3:00 PM and will have a live Q&A on March 24th at 10:00 AM. Search through more than 5,000 books on Reading Rockets — by author, illustrator, age, reading level, genre, format, topic, and country or region. Activities and videos from the New York Times bestselling author of How I Became a Pirate and other amazing books. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Then, work through the helpful teacher’s guide. You’ll find some good distance learning resources for discussion questions and projects on this website. The nonfiction science book author has created engaging video mini-lessons including a similes worksheet, researching skills, and more. All rights reserved. PeruseProject. She is hosting DRAW ME MORE: a Read-Along/ Draw-Along activity on her website. Award-winning author and illustrator, Susan is reading books aloud on her YouTube channel. You may also learn more about her books on her website. Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo to explore ways of writing and making together while he chats about his characters Pigeon, Piggie, and Elephant. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be doing some readings from my short story collections: MINDQUAKES and MINDSTORMS.” Available on Youtube. The two also collaborated on a few more Children’s books; such as, For Love of the Game. Camilla Cream worried A LOT about what people thought of her and her body reacted to her thoughts in the strangest way! Author of One for the Murphys, Fish in a Tree, and Shouting at the Rain, she has put together several videos for readers and teachers online. This read-aloud comes with a teacher’s guide. Blog. One of the proudest moments of my short career as a mom was when my daughter asked, “Can you read me a story?” It was a school night, and we were really strapped for time, … 100 best children's books. Award-winning author and illustrator, Susan is reading books aloud on her YouTube channel. For those spending time at home, looking for a cozy adventure or bedtime story, we offer this imaginative rhyming picture book, read by the author, Daniel Errico. Upcoming author Brittany Thurman reads aloud Medina’s book, Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Black Boy. He’s even created Q&A videos on YouTube. 101 JFK Parkway | Short Hills, NJ | 07078 | (973) 921-5500, This website or its third-party tools process personal data.In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by using the link. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Bruce has posted a series of writing tips videos on this page of his website and a read-aloud of my book, BIG BAD BABY, on YouTube, with more to come. "Best selling" refers to the estimated number of copies sold of all fiction books written or co-written by an author. She’s also created guides for teachers and book groups on her website. The author will be reading a book a day on Instagram Live. Happy shopping!Please support the authors and publishers of these amazing books by purchasing a copy for your home library. Watch Allison Janney, Kristen Bell, and David Harbour Read Kids' Books Aloud on This YouTube Channel Kids Book Read Aloud: A BAD CASE OF STRIPES by David Shannon … Looking for writing prompts? These authors are offering read-alouds of their books and books by their favorite authors. Sometimes it just takes one wonderful book to turn a kid into a reader. The author has put together reading activities around his Cogheart Adventures. She’s already shared an 11 chapter, chapter book (reading level grades 2-4) called MASON & THE MEGA-NAUTS. Learn the story of The House That Jane Built as read by The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina actress, Kiernan Shipka. OTT YouTube Channel; 7 Websites With Free Online Books For Kids. Fans of the author of The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns? I read children's books aloud for kids. Want to learn more about writing an etheree (a ten-line poem in which writers add an additional syllable with each line)? Kid Time Story Time. Home. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s Daytime Emmy nominated, Storyline Online, features celebrated actors including Viola Davis, Kristen Bell, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Wanda Sykes, Kevin Costner, James Earl Jones, Betty White and more reading children’s books to inspire a love of reading in millions of children worldwide. Can’t make it? Read-alouds and reading activities from favorite authors. While he is a newer … You’ll also find fun gift ideas, t-shirts, plushes, the lipsticks I wear in my videos, as well as the equipment I use in production. B ooks for Topics. youtube.com. “With so many people working and learning from home due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to give you all something special. Hello Friends! Follow the story of A Bad Case of Stripes as read by Lord of the Rings actor, Sean Astin. Alice Kuipers is a YA and children's book writer. Mo Willems invites you into his studio every day for his lunch doodle! Due to public health concerns, these YA authors sadly had to cancel all in-person events for the release of BETWEEN BURNING WORLDS in March, and are connecting with readers through a virtual book tour. You may have to change the season or specific circumstances, but this collection of writing prompts is a great way to help your student build literacy skills, while giving them a chance to express themselves. You probably loved them, and now you have the chance to introduce your children into the Wizarding World. Author Kate DiCamillo isn't reading any of her resplendent books, nor the two Newbery Medal award titles, "The Tale of Despereaux" and "Flora & Ulysses." Actors, comics and authors are reading to and entertaining children online and on social media, hoping to give parents some respite. He is the author of the Fabien Cousteau Expeditions, a series of graphic adventure novels for kids, the latest of which is JOURNEY UNDER THE ARCTIC. Use this handy discussion guide that covers the first four books to bring an academic approach to your own little wizards’ education. The Little Gingerbread Man - by Carol Moore - A surprising new version of the classic Gingerbread Man fairy tale.. Collection of favorite quality children's books read aloud for kids as young as preschool and up to early elementary years. Sarah is adding readings, mini-lessons, and prompts to her page! Instead, she's offering writing classes, for free, through Candlewick Books YouTube page. Find Daily live drawing sessions on Facebook! The author has added a collection of videos of herself reading from her picture books on Instagram. Home Learning Support. The author reads various Pete the Cat books daily at 12 PM EDT. Julia Cook, bestselling children’s author, will be doing Monday and Friday readings on Facebook Live at 9:00 AM CST! Pegasus For Kids is an initiative for parents by B.Jain and Pegasus publishers to expand the intellectual, social, and emotional capital of young generation through books. His highly anticipated sequel to Kenny and the Dragon, KENNY & THE BOOK OF BEASTS, releases this fall. She’s put together a library of distance learning resources for students, families, teachers, and librarians. This is a list of best-selling fiction authors to date, in any language. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. There's nothing like holding an actual book in your hand and turning its pages to fully experience the story. Classroom Coding & Robotics … Everything You Need to Get Started, Protected: Classroom Talk-to-Text Project, 130 online resources for learning at home, 27 Awesome Free (or Low-Cost) Websites for Practicing Reading, Join the WeAreTeachers Influencer Network. Both are African American women. Find Peter’s weekday read-aloud events on Facebook at noon EDT, Monday through Friday. This author has put together a list of prompts to get students thinking outside of the box. He created The Spiderwick Chronicles with Holly Black, which has sold millions of copies around the world. We’ve rounded up over 50 of the best virtual author activities below! Author chat for families stuck at home during closed schools and for young writers and adults of all ages interested in fiction and how authors write books. Austin, Texas, United States About Youtuber I am Regan I like to talk about … Below, I’ve rounded up 20 children’s books being read aloud on YouTube by authors and celebrities. View this video on YouTube. The author will be reading one book every day on Instagram Live. March 18 (2 PM EST) and March 20 (5 PM EST). Dan Santat brings humorous books to children as an illustrator and author. Author, illustrator, and founder of FableVision. You can also find videos on his website. Reading one of her books each day on Facebook! Do you ever worry about what other people think of you? This one is the first chapter of her new book, THE STORY OF RUTH BADER GINSBURG. By Stuart Dredge Themed Booklists . In 2015, a team of experts put together this list: broken down into four age groups, with 25 books in each. Everything from … Jeanne is a mother of six (including toddler twins! This one is the first chapter of her new book, THE STORY OF RUTH BADER GINSBURG. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. There are classic children's stories that we think you and your family will love, including Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy by Lynley Dodd to Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and Patrick Benson, along with newer favourites such as Chris Haughton's Oh No, … Written by: Elsie Otachi Posted on: October 22nd, 2019 in: Cool Websites. The Journey of the Noble Gnarble - by Daniel Errico - Illustrated by Christian Colabelli - Deep below the ocean waves a gnarble fish dreams of seeing the sun and sky. These activities may be a good addition to your distance learning resources. The author of The Jumbies series has created videos of mini-lessons on comparative mythology and has added valuable distance learning resources, including downloadables for teachers and parents, to her website. These cookies do not store any personal information. We have over 130 online resources for learning at home  here! Topic Booklists. Also available at Amazon in hardcover and Kindle editions.. Invisible … The author also provides a teacher’s guide, drawing demos and shares a crowd-sourced music video based on the book. Storytime Online. As her journey takes her from treetops to glowing underground caves, the … Scanlon has a video lesson all about them! Don't forget to subscribe to stay up-to-date on my latest videos.Subscribe here: https://goo.gl/i228Rr#abadcaseofstripes #storytimeforkids #kidsbooksreadaloud #kidsbooksFollow me on:Instagram @awnieshouseFacebook @awnieshouse