Here's a simple table that I made for mine. ... That is easier than one common plan with 4x4 legs with a notch cut out for a 2x4 cross member. I had two reasons for this. I used a combination of pressure treated pine and whitewood for my table. The plans are for these to be 1.25 inches all around, but again go with what looks good to you. How many are there (8 listed but only see 7 locations visible), where are they placed, and do any run at an angle to brace corners or angled ends next to Egg? Counter sink pilot holes and then fasten the boards down with the 2 inch deck screws. When complete, the bottom shelf should look like this. Remember you can always cut more away if needed, but you can't add anything back! JJGeorge tables are hand built out of solid eastern red cedar lumber. While he normally doesn’t ask for much, I took this subtle hint as a great idea for his upcoming birthday. Apr 23, 2020 - Explore Stephen Yeates's board "big green egg tables", followed by 282 people on Pinterest. After creating the table Fitzy used a router with the help of the best router lift he could get his hands on, for precision to create the opening for the egg. ... Introduction: Big Green Egg BBQ Table. Your first decision point is the overall size. Get some hooks to hang your grill utensils from. We have the large size of the Big Green Egg. Fitzy loves to cook. Thank you!!!! There should be 30.75 inches between the edge of Short Apron (C) and the edge of Support (D) on the side of the table you plan to place your Big Green Egg as shown below. If you want to practice, do it with some scrap. 1) The method of attachment of the 4x4 legs to the 2x4 shelf boxes is of utmost importance to the strength. This should go in the middle of the table. There are 160 big green egg table for sale on Etsy, and they cost $665.06 on average. I did way too much poking around about BGE table plans. It is best to drill pilot holes with a countersink drill bit. It is designed to hold the medium egg. The key difference is you don't need to leave a gap in between the slats. 5 Reasons to Choose the JJGeorge Big Green Egg Table. Scroll down beyond the video for the detailed steps. The legs are thin planks laid up to maximize strength while remaining sleek. 00. Apr 7, 2018 - Explore Kristen Rigby's board "Honey do" on Pinterest. I got a big Green Egg for Christmas and I love your nesting table design. Below I have detailed the table I built for my Large Big Green Egg. I also decided to use 4x4's for the legs for stability and ease of adding casters. Scroll down beyond the video for the detailed steps. Also, make sure all four pocket holes are on the same face of the board. It looks great and want to do one just like this.. Note: the placement of Support (D) here is important as there must be room to cut the hole for the Big Green Egg later. Lovely table! The wheels on the table make it easy to move around the outdoors without having to lift a heavy table and grill. For a Large Egg, there should be 15 inches from the top of the top Long Apron to the top of the Stretcher. Pick the best type of wood for your situation. This can be done manually or with a router. Table for Primo or Big Green Egg grills Features - • Typical overall table dimensions are: 36" H x 27" D x 62" W. Size will vary based on the dimensions of your grill. Maybe add a bottle opener as well. At that time I … Great idea for the green egg! amzn_assoc_default_category = "All"; This is very similar to step 6. amzn_assoc_title = "Shop Related Products"; Again, refer to the corresponding PDF for your size Egg to find the necessary diameter. Consult with your local hardware store if you're unsure how to finish the type of wood you chose. The Egg is indeed very heavy. Cut the lumber to length to get the following pieces: B: 4 - 2x4 at 48.5 inches - Long Aprons and Stretchers, D: 5 - 2x4 at 22.5 inches - Top and Shelf Supports, E: 7 - 1x4 at (let's hold off for now) - Shelf Slats, F: 8 - 1x4 at (let's hold off for now) - Top Slats. Here are the ones I could find: I have a Large, so note the dimensions I'm referencing here are for a Large Egg. Make sure to set your Kreg jig for 1.5 inch thick material and 2.5 inch screws. So I am one lucky gal! I wanted a nice table for it but the prebuilt ones are as much as the Egg costs. Have fun with it! Take your time because you only have one shot at this. Also remember you can sand afterward to smooth everything out. 4) Are the ends of 2x4s mitered at corners? Note: the placement of Support (D) here is important as there must be room to cut the hole for the Big Green Egg later. Since this is going to be outside, you should also add a finish. See more ideas about big green egg table, big green egg table plans, big green egg. Pour some sealer in each bowl so it can begin to dry. Use 2×4 lumber for the aprons. The Big Green Egg — Wooden Table Plans Dimensions (by Egg size) Sm Med Lge A 16" 18" 21" B 12" 15" 17" Note: Use deck screws and glue for a stronger table. Build Platform Bed With Drawers. Now it's time to fasten the Top Slats (F) to the top of the table. Your email address will not be published. We decided to use sanded cedar for this project. Join the Short Aprons (C) to the front and back constructed in Step 3. Feel free to email me with questions at: xfscott at gmail. These will support the lower shelf of the table. J S Designs Shop, LLC Big Green Egg Compact Table for Large BGE with Free Drop Leaf Shelf. But like all DIYers, I knew immediately we would want to build the table ourselves. When we couldn't find the perfect table, we set out to build our own. Not only is he a handy type of guy…he knows his way around a kitchen and enjoys creating new and tasty dishes. Assembling the table. Note: Round all edges of the top (including the hole for the BGE) for a finished look. In fact I believe he has established a bit of a reputation amongst our closest friends for the culinary delights he creates. 8 pieces of 2×4 were cut to approximately 26 inches. You should definitely take a new measurement for the Shelf Slats (E) to assure they will fit. I knew I was going to cover my table, so I wasn't worried about the elements. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins. Please let me know if you have any questions when you start the project and I would be happy to provide some insight / guidance. There's a reason! Big Green Egg Table Basic Plans Basic plans (with instructions and parts list) for building a wood table for your Big Green Egg ceramic cooker March 21, 2007 Greetings, In March 2002, I assembled a basic treated wood table for my small size Big Green Egg. Food And Drink. Double and triple check your hole before cutting. Long table for Medium Big Green Egg® grill. Big Green Egg Tables are fabricated from all-natural, kiln-dried solid planks of genuine acacia hardwood, which is highly regarded for its excellent weathering characteristics. Find the center of the hole for the opening. Big Green Egg table is hand built out of solid eastern red cedar lumber. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; A good friend of mine has one, and we love to be invited to their house for dinner! How is that for a birthday gift! All the pieces were lined up in the garage so we could stain and seal them prior to creating the table. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Then place a strap/rope around egg and remove jack. amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = "bottom"; It’s beautiful and simple (‘simply beautiful’)! Before getting started, we found pictures of many great tables that fellow BGE fans have built. You can get these boards flush edge to edge. Easy to assemble, only 8 bolts need to be installed (all hardware included). This way you know exactly what you need. big green egg table plans using 4x4 Welcome birds to your yard with this adorable lighthouse-shaped feeder. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Jul 12, 2015 - Plans for building a table for a Big Green Egg ceramic charcoal cooker! Explore. Since I like to have a lot of space to work with, I went with the "Long Table" at 58 inches. I have done it both ways and this is by far the easiest on your back. The Big Green Egg Cart September 10, 2013 By Paul Mayer & filed under Plans and Projects , Woodworking Projects . He heard about The Egg from some coworkers and thought perhaps we should try one. Jul 11, 2018 - Explore Richard Pagan's board "Big green egg table plans" on Pinterest. The entire table will be made using only cross cuts. Big Green Egg Tables are fabricated from all-natural, kiln-dried solid planks of genuine acacia hardwood, which is highly regarded for its excellent weathering characteristics. My husband is planning to build something very similar. Curb Appeal- Top 10 Tips To Enhance Your Home, HGTV Urban Oasis- An Amazing Transformation, Teenage Boys Room- One Room Challenge Reveal, Crunchy Granola Made Just The Way You Like It. Big Green Egg BBQ Table: I got the idea for this BGE table from the Naked Whiz. Now add the remaining 3 Supports (D) to the Stretchers as shown. 1. I used cedar, but you could use whatever. amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = "big green egg"; 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. amzn_assoc_linkid = "72164a462eed9121528e5ed652a1047d"; Your email address will not be published. It's easiest to do this with everything on the floor as shown in the video. You should also be cutting the Top Slats (F) at 58 inches. It's a great tool to have, especially for beginners. I find it best to measure after the completion of Step 4. Hi do you have the step by step plans that you did to build this? Here is a teaser of some of the yummy meals that we are enjoying with the new EGG. You'll want to drill two pocket holes at the end of each 2x4 you've cut. Remember you add 2.5 inches to the the 55.5 inch measurement shown to account for the overhang of the Top Slats. Now that your top Long Aprons (B) are fastened, it's time to add the Stretchers (B). Now you have a table! With four crazy kids and two wild dogs, we try to turn chaos into comfort. I tied a string to the screw, and measured off 10.5 inches (the radius of the hole to be cut). I have a 60 inch space on my deck that I had built specifically for my grilling space so I built my table to 59 inches wide. “Here you go honey…now go build yourself a table” That is how we roll around here, especially after he spent the time reading through this wood router guide to figure out some tips and tricks. The overall measurements and material amounts are listed. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; This should go in the middle of the table. The hinge begins to contact the tabletop. Fill the holes with wood putty and then smooth the surface with 120-220 grit sandpaper. I used 17" which just barely works. I also increased the depth of the table from 25 inches to 28 inches. $499.00 $ 499. Drill pilot holes through the braces and insert 2 1/2″ screws into the legs. See more ideas about big green egg table, big green egg table plans, green egg grill. Inexpensive, Strong Green Egg Table: Technically, the main image shows that we didn't actually use a Green Egg, but another brand like it. Hi Brittany, See more ideas about big green egg table, big green egg, green eggs. Once you have them in place, it's time to screw them down. I also wanted to do this at a low price point because my ultimate plan is to do an outdoor kitchen down the line. I got a big Green Egg for Christmas and I love your nesting table design. A couple of pictures from under the table top and shelf would do wonders! This is great! You will want to screw down the Shelf Slats to the Supports with the 2 inch deck screws. Best of luck as your hubby builds the new table. Assemble the table by joining the sides together. Fitzy, along with one neighbor, was able to gently lift the Egg up high enough to place into the table. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; This is a Big Green Egg table that I built for a friend of mine over the weekend. 2) Details of 2x4 cross piece supports under bottom shelf & under inboard ends of top next to Egg are critical to supporting the heavy egg and stability of table. The JJGeorge Big Green Egg Table is a longer table at 55″ long, 25″ deep and 32″ high. I occasionally like to take on unusual woodworking projects, so when my friend asked if I would help him build a rolling cart for his new “Big Green Egg… Now go cook something on that Big Green Egg. Corporate Headquarters: 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway Atlanta, GA 30340 Contact Us: 800.793.2292 Table is finished with clear spar-urethane coat for years of outdoor use. Here's my finished table. It's time to add the shelf and top! Thank you for asking about our egg table. Good luck!!! No one that I've found (which admittedly isn't many!) I can see that screws in middle 3 members of top do not line up with those in outer members. I like to do this step with the table upside down. You will need to leave roughly 3/16 of an inch in between each slat. Thank you for your question. Again, be sure to dry fit the top first. The entire table will be made using only cross cuts. You may want to just keep the Top Slats (F) at 58 inches and just have the overhang vary. The grill table plans contain detailed plans with dimensions, complete material … I also decided to use 4x4's for the legs for stability and ease of adding casters. Consider subtracting the height of the casters from the length of the table legs. The most popular color? Welcome! While there are many reasons I fell in love with Fitzy… his ability (as well as his desire) to cook are among the best. Big Green Egg: Concrete Top Table Plans Anyone who cares enough to have a Big Green Egg, deserves an amazing Egg table. I know this! Click here to read my full disclosure policy. You should have two components that match the drawing below. In cooking circles The Big Green Egg is considered legendary. He would agree that is was very heavy but with two men they were able to do it pretty easily. Is yours a Large size Big Green Egg? These should help you out. Jul 12, 2015 - Plans for building a table for a Big Green Egg ceramic charcoal cooker! Product Dimensions & Weight: XL EGG: 29.5"x29"x26.5" - 243lbs; Acacia Table: 62.25"x33.25"x8.25" - 108lbs; Table Nest: 26.375"x3.125"x1.25" - 23.5lbs Big Green Egg: The Perfect Table We've had our Big Green Egg in a nest for some time now, just waiting until we (and by we I mean, my husband - I can't claim much credit for this one) could finish the new table. While you don't have to use a Kreg Jig, I highly recommend it if you are new to woodworking. Product Dimensions & Weight: Large EGG: 26.875"x23.5"x27" - 182lbs; Acacia Table: 62.5"x26"x8.25" - 80lbs; Table Nest: 20"x3.125"x1.25" - … I have been wanting plans for such a table... How did you get the Egg into its hole since it weighs so much? Thank you for the information regarding a car jack! Make sure you have a uniform (or close to it) overhang around the edges of the table. No fasteners are visible on the exterior of these joints. Since my table is made from pressure treated pine and whitewood, I first applied a stain. I then fastened a pencil to the end, and drew the hole. Make sure your pocket holes are facing to the inside of the table in order to conceal them. While you may have built a table, you still need a place to put your Big Green Egg! Thank you in advance! Feel free to leave a comment with your feedback. Second, I could make a table 28 inches deep using 1x4's without having to rip any boards. Here's a rendering with all of the pertinent measurements. Your rolling table turned out gorgeous, and dinner looks pretty darn good too! Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks. Toggle navigation. That may help get you started. Reminder: all dimensions are for a Large Big Green Egg in a table that is 58 inches long, 28 inches deep, and 32 inches tall. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "heyfitzy-20"; The most common big green egg table material is ceramic. This sturdy DIY Big Green Egg table plan from YellaWood® features a shallow, built-in shelf for tongs, gloves, grate lifters, or any other grill tools. Tip: Be mindful of pocket screw location from the table base when fastening the top slats. I used 4x4 for the legs as you've noticed, 1x6 for the table tops, and 2x4 for the rest. Table legs are fitted with 4 locking swivel casters. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "search"; Again, I have a cover for my table, so this is more for cleanup on the top than protecting from the elements. After that, I applied a few coats of polyurethane. See the pics below, but the one change I would make is to the distance between the top and the bottom shelf. Extend jack all the way up to top of table, place on jack and lower. You may recall that way back in step one I didn't provide the lengths for the shelf or top slats. Download the plans for the Big Green Egg table and visit your local YellaWood dealer to get started today. If everything has gone to plan, you should be cutting the Shelf Slats (E) at 48.5 inches. Next, drill a hole somewhere inside the desired hole. I would be so appreciative if you would provide these few details so that I can pattern mine after yours (pictures & descriptions would be wonderful): Medium Egg. So I made this one at about a 10th of the cost. Warning! 3) Material list mentions 2x2 but no 4x4 so do I assume correctly that was a typo and there is no 2x2? Just seeing "Hey Fizty" for the 1st time here! That is a great idea and appears much easier than the way we tried to do it! XL Egg. But all ceramic grills like this will probably be called a Green Egg no matter what, just like we'll always call all tissue paper Kleenex.The main … You can modify the dimensions for your Egg using the appropriate PDF linked above. I would not recommend this. Why do you ask? We have a tendency to create the plans and measurements as we go along. large green egg table plans 4x6 legs swellinghow to large green egg table plans 4x6 legs swelling for Click through for the full how-to after the jump! Now that Step 4 is complete, you can flip the table back upright. Finally, add some accessories. Parts List: 5 2x4 x 8' 4 1x6 x 8' 4 1x4 x 12' Deckwise Stainless Steel Deck Screws Olympic Maximum Deck Stain This obviously does not have to be perfect. Once the boards lose their tension, it becomes harder to cut them with a jigsaw. Note: the 58 inches for the top slats account for a 1.25 inch overhang around the table. This helps for easy alignment, and it keeps the Long Aprons flush to the legs. Large Egg. The top raises up for easy filling, and a removable tray makes cleaning convenient. Cowley Canyon Brand X-Large Ceramic Egg Type Kamado Table Cover, 61”L-33”W-32”H with Grill Offset Less Than 7”. 201,837,778 stock photos, vectors and videos. Tyler-Marietta, Ga. Hi Tyler, If you've been following the plans, the center should be 15.25 inches from the side edge of the top and 14 inches from the front edge of the top. If you are just looking for an overview, here's a video of the build. Repeat this process a second time. I got a large Big Green Egg for Christmas. Also, I'd love to see pictures of tables built with these specs! Reference the Big Green Egg table plans to get the placement of the Stretchers. Finally, join one support (D) in the middle. Big Green Egg Table Plans: Small Egg. xl big green egg table plans. ... You'll use these as a dam to seal up the bottom of each leg. I used shorter screws that I had on hand in these areas. • Smaller footprint than most commercial grill tables make it more suitable for urban living. Connect the Long Apron (B) to each leg. Also make sure to get locking casters, so that you can lock your table into place. FREE Shipping. Make sure to get casters that can support the weight of the table and the Big Green Egg. (4) 5" # 14 Torx head screws from inside of posts, or 4" post brackets w/ #12 wood screws, 2”x ¼” wood biscuits or ¼”x2” wood dowels, etc.) This diy project was about large big green egg table plans. Fitzy hinted over the years that he might like a Big Green Egg. Next time we have to move the table we will certainly try your approach. 6 DIY Green Egg Table Plans for Large and XL Green Eggs $ 35.00 VAT Add to cart; Compact Green Egg Grill Table for X-Large Green Eggs $ 14.95 VAT Add to cart; Premium Center Cut Table Plans – Fits XL Kamados $ 19.95 VAT Add to cart; Compact Grill Table for Large Big Green Egg $ 14.95 VAT Add to cart Easiest way to get egg into to table is to use a car jack. First, again, I wanted more space to work with. Attach caster wheels to the legs of the table, as shown in the diagram. Boy was he surprised when he found one in the garage for his birthday. Place the outer slats first to be flush with the Stretchers, then fill in the rest in between. . 59x27 3/4 Cedar Table for Large Big Green Egg Materials List • Treated 2x4x8: 3 • 1x6x8 cedar boards: 14 (Grab an extra or two in case a board splits) • 4x4x8 Cedar posts: 2 • 1x2x8 Cedar for trimming the legs at the bottom shelf • 3 Inch Swivel Caster with Brake: 2 • 3 Inch Swivel Caster w/o brake: 2 • 1 Box of 1.5 inch deck screws Tip: If you are going to add casters to the table, you may want to cut the table legs shorter. If you want detailed plans to build a table for a Large Big Green Egg, XL Big Green Egg, Classic Joe, or Big Joe Smoker, you can find all options available below for both sizes. Click here to read my full disclosure policy. If you are just looking for an overview, here's a video of the build. To actually cut the hole, I put a screw in the table top in the center of the hole to be cut. 2×4 pieces of cedar were used on the under side of each shelf for stabilization. For a Large Egg, you need a hole with a 21 inch diameter. • Large beautiful stone insert complement the table and grill. Unfortunately the table was built in the early days of our blog when we weren't real diligent about taking lots of photos. Here’s What You’ll Need:-Fabric that spans the width of bed and the length of the bed to the ceiling plus 5 feet-2 adjustable curtain rods (wide enough to span the width of your bed) has ever talked about how they did it, and I always wonder... Hi Jennifer, Remember to face pocket holes in to hide them! Big Green Egg actually has recommended specifications for tables on their site. It is constructed from cypress with red western cedar legs. There should be 25.5 inches between the edge of Short Apron (C) and the edge of Support (D) as shown below. I modified his plans, but check out his site for the original. Apply a few coats of stain or paint to enhance the look of the table. So you want to make a table for your Big Green Egg? Dear Tammy - If you wish, you can add casters for a mobile table. It’s beautiful and simple (‘simply beautiful’)! After completing the table, I think it is worth posting for your viewing pleasure.