Smith, Westfield MASeries G200Boiler Model # G200-W-5CONSerial # J80-2747. I use these guide above when it fits and include a "sanity check" on boiler age against other important data including the country, city, and age of the building where the boiler has been installed, records of modifications to the building heating equipment, and notes on the boiler's service data tickets. Don't get confused and don't think that because you cannot find the model and serial number on a label that the equipment has no data tag. So, if you need to tell the age of your Worcester Bosch boiler, you need to contact their support team on 0330 123 3366. Luckily, the manufacture year is always the fourth and fifth characters. Depending on the age, a Baxi boiler will have a seven, twelve or fourteen-digit serial number. Your photos below illustrate the interals of this floor-wall gas heater. Combination Boilers … It’s neither the UK nor the American way. Another common boiler manufacturer is U.S. Boiler Company. So, the short version of all this is that the 10th and 11th digits of the serial number are the year of manufacture. I'll attach the documents of interest to this article. Here we explain how to dig out that information. Benchmark 750/1000 Boiler The serial number sticker is located on the inside of the front-left vertical frame. at HEATING SYSTEM TYPES. I've researched your General Automatic hot water heating boiler Model L-6, looking for General Automatic Boiler manuals as well as age decoding tips. On top of the unit is a view finder cap. Coal fired octopus furnaces and steam boilers (photograph above) 1850 - 1930. Smith boiler serial numbers use the format XXyyyy-nnnn where yyyy will be the four-digit year of manufacture. Starting from the 16th or 17th character you have a 4-digit code representing the year and the week of production. Can someone tell me the manufacture date on this unit. It’s not like the manufacturers make it easy for us to decipher those serial numbers. Commercial, Industrial, and Waste Oil Boilers and Tankless Water Heaters. M-150 serial 08607162 encodes the year in the 2nd and 3rd digits so 086 = 1986. Often by removing the front cover of a forced warm air furnace, the equipment data tag is found inside the furnace jacket on the left, right, or directly on the exposed face of the furnace itself. Some serial numbers can be interpreted by weeks and years. You will find the serial number on a bright sticker which can be located on the front of the appliances or inside panel. TACO (Canada), TACO, Tappan, TECO, Techumseh Compressors, Teledyne Laars, Tempmatic, Temprite, Tempstar, Thermo Pride, Trane, Typhoon, Unitary Products, viessman, Viking, Warden King, Water Furnace, Watts Regulator Co., Weben jarco, Weil-McLain, Westinghouse, Whirlpool, White-Rodgers, Wood, Worthington Air Coils Ltd., York - Borg Warner. So, if you need to tell the age of your WB, you’d need to contact their support team or phone in on 0330 123 3366. Ideal Mini is a whole different story. So how can I find the age of my boiler? If you need assistance in finding a Laars retailer or wholesaler, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800.900.WARM (800.900.9276), extension 11 or visit our Distributor page . On 2019-04-15 - by (mod) - For example, an original Flamemaster (or Climatemaster) gas fired heating furnace is probably 40 or more years old even if you cannot find the date code in the furnace serial number. Price of the efm DF520 Coal Stoker Boiler reduced by $1,000 in our pre-season sale. Q. Its serial number is shorter. Meanwhile set water level at mid-window in the Crown Boiler water level indicator. Please provide your boiler serial number or your national board number when you contact us. So, if you need to tell the age of your WB, you'd need to contact their support team or phone in on 0330 123 3366. We can assist you straight away and provide you with the age of your boiler in an instance. Any help would be great!!!! Type in your "VUW GB", "VU GB" or the "GC number" exactly as it appears in the questions bar and click "ASK". No matter how old a Worcester Bosch boiler is, its serial number will contain an FD number that has the production date coded in but that’s what it is – coded. Another chart says its newer. I'm trying to find any information on it. The easiest way to find an answer to the question of how old is my boiler is to look for its serial number. For manufacture dates speak with Customer Service '. A. U.S. Patent 1,666,367, issued April 17, 1928. Imagine you move into a property that has got an old boiler installed and you have no idea when it was installed. As our Greenstar boilers were not manufactured until 2005 the FD example above would be June 2010. Oklahoma City, OK 73179 My chart sez that should be a 1990-91 boiler. 0137718. Parent Company: Slant/Fin Corp. Does the serial number on a Burnham boiler tell me the age? Our photo (left) shows a gravity warm-air "octopus" furnace; in its earliest version these furnaces, installed in the late 1800's in the U.S. were coal fired; many were later converted to oil. Other Flame Master products include Keating's low temperature griddle. Vitodens 222, B2TA / B2TB. Service at (800) 873-4346. Instructional Technologies Institute, Inc., 145 "D" Grassy Plain St., Bethel, CT 06801 800/227-1663 [home inspection training material] 1987. FURNACE AGE DECODING CHART [PDF] provided by home inspector Scott LeMarr has generously shared his document that decodes both furnace age for many brands of water heater, including hot water systems produced by the following manufacturers. You're providing insufficient information. On occasion you may find the data tag information inside of the heating device, accessed by opening a removable front cover. 3605034/35/ 08 /133/30055097. US1666367 A - heater 1928 (filed 1923), LIFE EXPECTANCY of AIR CONDITIONER or HEAT PUMP, Lennox Heater & Air Conditioner Model & Serial Number Decoding Guide, Goodman Furnace High Temperature Plastic Vent HTPV safety recall, HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION COURESES (Canada), HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION: HOME STUDY COURSES. Monday-Thursday: 8am to 7pm Or use the SEARCH BOX found below to Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia. Macmillan Publishing Co., NY, The ABC's of Retention Head Oil Burners, National Association of Oil Heat Service Managers, TM 115, National Old Timers' Association of the Energy Industry, PO Box 168, Mineola, NY 11501. Our Ecotec range of boilers have a white data label which can be found underneath the boiler on the left. Parts for Home Heating Boilers Also see CROWN BOILER AGE PARTS MANUALS. This sticker gives model and oil burner nozzle guide information for System 2000 boilers by Energy Kinetcs - a boiler I installed in a New York home nearly 20 years ago) but this is not the unit's data tag. The number will have three letters/numbers at the start, which are the product code, followed by a series of other numbers. Or you can look at your boiler’s serial number. Thanks. We we need to do this is to identify the brand and then model of your heating equipment and then find that manufacturer in the indexed Articles above where they are arranged alphabetically. The serial number should be on the silver label on the side or front of the boiler. If it is 6 digits,... Another common boiler manufacturer is U.S. Boiler Company. More recent incarnations were incorporated in Florida in 1973 and again in 1985. On 2020-04-04 by Gary zielinski. We offer the perfect replacement for old cast iron and firebox boilers. Smith, H.B. The manufacture date may also be stated after the serial number. Q. Fred 1. ClimateMaster continues in business (in 2015) as a manufactuer of geothermal heat pump systems. It has a dual sided, vent less, gas floor heater. In order to calculate the age of your tank or tankless water heater, all we need is your water heater’s serial number. Gravity furnaces rely on natural convection (warm air rises) to deliver heat to the occupied space. Watch out: Names and who is using them can change over time: for example the name "Flamemaster" appears on other products such as sealants, coatings and packaging produced by Flamemaster in Pacoima California, US - not a heting equipment manufacturer. If you run into problems, you can check this page for reference. The Carson Dunlop Technical Reference Guide provides both equipment data tag decoding data and also manufacturer contact information as well as historical dates for many brands of heating and cooling equipment. YYMM 567890 where YY is the two digit year and MM is the two digit month of manufacture and the remaining digits 567890 are the unique serial number of the boiler . Use the database to determine the date of manufacture. Vitosol 100-F / 200-F. Vitocell 200-T … Submitting the correct serial number speeds up processing and ensures you are credited the Partner Points you deserve! I want to find a operator's manual so I can maintain it.- G.L., 16 Jan 2015. Inspecting HVAC Systems. Remove the front panel to view the code plate. Their serial numbers were designed for internal use. The company filed just three patents, two for heaters and one for metal bending: There is presently a [different] California Royal Metal Company (in fact several of them)who might be able to give you more historical data, is a sheet metal fabricator whose business was established in 1981 but who may have known of the older Royal Metal Works who made your heater: Royal Metal, I have a Hydro Therm Model RC-165A boiler. Questions & answers or comments about how to determine the age of an air conditioner, heat pump, boiler, furnace, or water heater. Serial Number Locator Vitodens 100-W, WB1B Wall-mounted gas-fired condensing boiler with stainless steel cylinder burner and Inox-Radial heat exchanger surface. Please check the image below. We had a home inspection and are looking for the age of a Burnham residential burner: Boiler Number: V-14A-T Serial Number: 22 139081. Enter the 7-digit CP/Serial Number of the boiler to obtain the manufacturing date and any associated information on the product. According to Inspectapedia website, in the article, "How to Determine Furnace Age", serial numbers from furnaces made after the year 2000 are easier to decipher. If you call Baxi Customer Support on 0330 678 0917 with the serial number, it has all the information we need to tell you which boiler you have. Lennox® How to determine the date of production/manufacture or age of Lennox® HVAC Systems. Booklet. Slant Fin appears to use a sequential number system, so you’ll only be able to get close, at best, and to do that, you have to hope that they sold the same number … This means our boiler has been assembled around June 2001. When attempting to read a date of older Ideal Logic boilers, keep in mind that the date is in a very weird format. E.g. Probably manufactured in 1978 0r 79. It would be helpful if you could post (one image per comment) photos of Boiler serial # is 399606-200206 would I be correct in assuming the date to be June 2002? Vitodens 200, B2HA / B2HB. We hope this article helped you answer the question of ‘how old is my boiler’ This tutorial only covers the four main brands in the UK. For York systems manufactured from October 2004 to the present, the first and third characters in the serial number will be letters, and the second and fourth characters will be numbers that indicate the year of manufacture. The first one was used until mid-2009, with an example shown below. Unless you object, I'll add your photos to data we have at InspectApedia and will leave you anonymous (our default) unless you let me know that you want to be identified. Taking a further look around this same System 2000 Energy Kinetics boiler we spot the actual boiler "data tag" giving its model and serial number on a smaller sticker that I show below. e.g. Call or email us for assistance and to order. John Cranor [Website: /www.house-whisperer.com ] is an ASHI member and a home inspector (The House Whisperer) is located in Glen Allen, VA 23060. The date of production/manufacture or age of Slant/Fin® HVAC equipment can be determined from the serial number located on the data plate. Tiena It is conveniently split into 3 sections. The easiest way to find out the age of your boiler is to look for its serial number. Web: Royalmetal.com. In our first photo shows gas fired heating boiler located in a garage. US1808019 A - an interesting method for bending corrugated metal - 1931 (filed 1929) and perhaps involved in the manufacture of the heaters in the earlier patents. Here we provide several excellent sources for de-coding the data tag information on heating equipment. [PDF linked to return here. Although Worcester Bosch might be the most popular boiler brand out there, it is virtually impossible to date their products unless you’re a professional. I just bought a home in California. With the model and serial number we can find the manual for your boiler as that will tell us - that is, if there is no indicator mark on the boiler face. That that company was Royal Metal Works, 238 Van Ness Ave, in San Francisco, CA. Below we explain how we did that. see HEATING SYSTEM TYPES. F.P. The easiest way to find an answer to my boiler's age question is to look for your serial number. We’ve included some images of Rheem water heater labels below for your reference, but once you’ve located your serial number simply enter it in, click the “Check Serial Number”, and our calculator will let you know just how old your Rheem water heater really is. I have attached photos of it. Technical personnel must provide the unit’s serial number when completing the Startup and Registration form or when working with AERCO to resolve field issues. and of course, do tell me the country and city of location and the age of the building where the boiler is installed. Won't tell you the exact date of manufacturer but they will be able to give you and idea of age. If they’ve stopped making a boiler in 2006 then at least you can assume that your boiler is no younger than 9 years. 2. Tel: 818-890-1401 – Fax: 818-890-6001 USA, website: http://flamemaster.com/http://www.climatemaster.com/. This article provides documents that explain and translate all of the data found on information tags and stickers used on Peerless boiler age? Some serial numbers can be interpreted by weeks and years. Friday: 8am to 6pm Burnham Boiler Age By Serial Number 22fda1de22 Search results for Burnham Boiler Serial Number from Search.com . Call 1-800-505-1223 or sign up online. There is no blower fan in the system. Carson Dunlop, Associates, Toronto, have provided us with (and we recommend) Carson Dunlop Weldon & Associates'Technical Reference Guide to manufacturer's model and serial number information for heating and cooling equipment Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Technical Reference Guide purchased as a single order. First question is can I check the age and also is there any greater risk to using a secondhand boiler compared to just repairing it with secondhand parts? Contact Mr. Cranor at 804-873-8534 or by Email: [3] "Residential Electric Water Heater Installation Instructions and Use & Care Guide", American Water Heater Co., October 2001, American Water Heater Co., Johnson City, TN, [manufacturer of residential & commercial water heaters, also manufacturer of Polaris/Commercial water heaters], Tel: 800-999-9515, web search 1/12/2012, original source: americanwaterheater.com/support/manuals/res-elect.pdf [copy on file], Scott C. LeMarr has provided his file of keys to decode, "Residential Hydronic (circulating hot water) Heating Systems", Instructional Technologies Institute, Inc., 145 "D" Grassy Plain St., Bethel, CT 06801 800/227-1663 [home inspection training material] 1987, "Warm Air Heating Systems". Be sure to have your product model and serial number available when you call. Another chart doesnt list it, … Style 1: 64157594 (10/1999) Description: The model number, serial number and manufacturing date are located on a silver label on the inside panel. I would suspect that your device may also lack safety features of modern gas heaters. Hi all, I’m looking for the age of a Slant Fin Boiler Model L 30PT Serial # L43045429 I’m thinking 1995, Vitorond 100, VR1. There are two different formats for a Rinnai serial number. 0137718. Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Volume I, Heating Fundamentals, Boilers, Boiler Conversions, James E. Brumbaugh, ISBN 0-672-23389-4 (v. 1) Volume II, Oil, Gas, and Coal Burners, Controls, Ducts, Piping, Valves, James E. Brumbaugh, ISBN 0-672-23390-7 (v. 2) Volume III, Radiant Heating, Water Heaters, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Heat Pumps, Air Cleaners, James E. Brumbaugh, ISBN 0-672-23383-5 (v. 3) or ISBN 0-672-23380-0 (set) Special Sales Director, Macmillan Publishing Co., 866 Third Ave., New York, NY 10022. To find the serial number on a Prestige PS boiler, you must remove the front cover, then open the flap on the front of the unit. The age of a heating boiler, furnace, or heat pump can be determined by identifying its year of manufacture that is encoded in the unit's serial number (not the model number). You may also find out which boiler you have by looking at the data label. Service at (800) 873-4346. Its long sequence of numbers and letters found printed on the side or on a label stuck on the front roll. The serial number has all the information needed for us to tell you when your boiler was manufactured. The guides above give heater serial number decoding for each manufacturer and type of heating appliance. heating & heat pump equipment, including equipment age, heating capacity, electrical requirements, and operating characteristics. How to determine the date of production/manufacture or age of Slant/Fin® HVAC Systems. How old is my Baxi boiler? Watch out: not all of the information labels, tags, stickers seen on and in heating appliances are data tags. Note: appearance of your Comment below may be delayed: if your comment contains an image, web link, or text that looks to the software as if it might be a web link, your posting will appear after it has been approved by a moderator. Enter the 7-digit CP/Serial Number of the boiler to obtain the manufacturing date and any associated information on the product. Identify the serial number on the rating plate of the boiler and then call Tech. If you don't know whether your heat is provided by a furnace (hot air) or boiler (hot water), or whether your fuel is oil, gas, or electric, A. The boiler serial number is stamped on the front header plate and on the boiler nameplate, generally mounted on the right hand side of the boiler. I am trying to find out the age of my general automatic hot water boiler.model L-6 serial # 15502. How can I find out the age of my boiler? Contact efm or your efm dealer for details. This look-up will not give manufacturing information for any other Weil-McLain product but boilers. PA123456, PEA123456, PB234567). You're asking the wrong questions to the wrong entity. The furnace in our photo is taking much of its "return air" from the basement - a very expensive way to heat a home. Although the age of your boiler is not the main factor in determining whether it’s time to replace it, it may be useful to be able to date the installation. The gravity furnace we show at left was a more advanced design in which an "octopus" of duct work "arms" delivered heat directly to individual areas of the building. E.g. Our photo shows data tags on a Weil McLain gas fired heating boiler that was manufactured on 10/10/1996. Burnham Hydronics . The FTV is a high-efficiency, wall-hung boiler equipped with a vertical fire tube heat exchanger… GF200 The innovative GF200 is a unique Combi Furnace that offers a new dimension of comfort,… The only name I see is " Royal Heater". The serial number will be PA, PB or PEA followed by 6 digits (e.g. The numbers after the hyphen in the serial number indicate the manufacture date. Currently, no information is available for EG and EGH boilers. MANUALS & PARTS GUIDES - HVAC Brands A-E - & Master Index to All Brand Names, HVAC Age, manuals, wiring diagrams, installation and repair guides, MANUALS & PARTS GUIDES - HVAC Brands F-I - Brand Names beginning with F - I HVAC Age, manuals, wiring diagrams, installation and repair guides, MANUALS & PARTS GUIDES - HVAC Brands J-O - Brand Names beginning with J - O HVAC Age, manuals, wiring diagrams, installation and repair guides, MANUALS & PARTS GUIDES - HVAC Brands P-S - Brand Names beginning with P - S HVAC Age, manuals, wiring diagrams, installation and repair guides, MANUALS & PARTS GUIDES - HVAC Brands T-Z - Brand Names beginning with T - Z HVAC Age, manuals, wiring diagrams, installation and repair guides. Where can I find the serial number on a PT unit? Later H.B. Home Deliveries About to be Disrupted, Smart Devices Spying On You And How To Fix It. Apologies for the delay. Using all the age charts, Im coming up with something that doesnt make any sense. If it is 6 digits, add a 0 to the beginning of the serial number. Bow Valley Resource Services, Ltd., Flame Master Gas Furnaces, (previously a 1960's company named Hi-Tower) a Canadian firm in Calgary, Alberta, also previously filed for activcity in the U.S. in California, no longer active. Determine the age from the serial number if possible. Canadian Tire Corporation, Carlyle Compressor Company, Carrier, Chromalox Canada, Chrysler, Clare Brothers, Clare Mega Save, Clare HECLA, Clawsey-Sohrt Manufacturing Co., Climate Control Products, Climate Master, Climatrol, Coleman, Comfort Aire, Copeland, Copelaweld Compressors, Crane, Davie Environmental Equipment, Day-Nite, DMO Industries, Ducane Heating Division, Dunham Bush, Duomatic, Economite, Elect-Aire, Electric Apparatus COmpany, Elliot, Emerson Electric Company, Enmar Enmar Systems, Envirotron, Esso, Evcon Industries. 26 … The serial number format for the furnace data plate shown above uses the last three digits of the serial number for the year and week of manufacture, with the third from last being the year and final two numbers are the week. Our first photo below shows the data tag for a Smith Cast Iron Boiler. Publication No. Select the fuel, type, brand and model and then click on “details”. For help in decoding air conditioner, boiler, furnace, heat pump, water heater data tags and determining the age, model, or specifications of that equipment, we provide five different research methods listed below. Super Hot Boiler S/N Format: ABC-1234 and also ABCD-1234 are used on older boilers but I have not found a reliable translation for those formats. But equipment age, capacity, specifications are not always so easy to recognize on the data tag.