I always try to support those in the golf industry who are trying something new and different. You know, “sponsored by xxx”. Linksoul is based in Oceanside, California and is John Ashworth and Geoff Cunningham’s exploration of the spiritual, soulful core of pastimes like golf, surf, yoga, hiking, … reviewed one of the first pieces from Linksoul, The real reason you should get fit for golf clubs. We'll also send you a free copy of our bestselling eBook on course strategy, Copyright © 2021 Practical Golf | Powered by: WP Engine | Built on: The Genesis FrameworkAdvertise With Us | Privacy Policy | Affiliate Disclosure | Site Design by 3200 Creative, /* ----------------------------------------- */ Linksoul … I’m excited for this new chapter in my life and I’m excited to be a part of the Linksoul team supporting their brand ethos.” Linksoul is based in Oceanside, Calif., and is John Ashworth and Geoff Cunningham’s exploration of the spiritual, soulful core of pastimes like … Sale. Additionally, both the shorts and pants have a few nice details including subtle overstitching and a side pocket on the shorts. $71.95. Linksoul is the collective life’s work of people who care about each other … Similar brands like Linksoul offer free shipping codes. Click or call 800-927-7671. position: fixed; Find new and preloved Linksoul items at up to 70% off retail prices. Evereve provides a variety of wonderful … Brand Name Linksoul … })(120000); Brand Name Linksoul Product Name Visor Color Black Price. Sometimes I worry that companies that stick their neck out with something new aren’t received well by the golf industry. He is the author of the bestselling book 101 Mistakes All Golfers Make (and how to fix them). The one thing I have found out about the golf industry is that there is a lot of “me too” products. In terms of the polos, nothing crazy awesome and no one is going to ask you what brand you are wearing, but if you like simple, soft and durable polos, Linksoul is a great option. I play about a 100 rounds a year (but don't tell my boss). I also like the collar which is tight enough to keep much water from running down your neck. Deals for Evereve Black Friday. I am not sure what it is about the material, but it just looks different than any other brand I have worn and I absolutely plan on getting a few more of each. Poshmark makes shopping fun, affordable & easy! /* Content Template: Single Post - end */ Our second collaboration with good friends at TRUE linkswear has arrived and there's a lot to like. I applaud Linksoul for sticking to their philosophy and commitment to craftsmanship. During my tests, the water easily fell off of the jacket and the cuffs kept the water from leaking up my arms. Like the shorts and pants, you are going to be able to wear these shirts all year long and not just on the golf course. While not everything they make suits my eye, I think there is enough variety in their catalog to fit the needs of many golfers. Specifically, the pants are fairly trim and tapered but would not be confused with a “skinny jeans” look. It is obvious that they are committed to design, which is something I always admire. From the naked eye, you might think the material was almost a light wool or linen. What I mean by that is that I prefer to find a brand that I like and then create a collection of pieces from that brand, rather than find individual pieces from a number of brands. Personally, I haven’t seen many companies pull this off. BEST FOR THE FORMAL GOLFER. In terms of functionality, this is legit foul weather gear. It is the collective life's work of a group of people that care about each other and enjoy collaborating. If you’re not familiar with the … My natural reaction to the Linksoul rain jacket is that because it is so good looking there is no way it will perform on the course. }, Similar brands like Linksoul offer Black Friday Deals. On the other hand, the Dry tech LS183, has a more standard collar. @media only screen and (max-width: 1400px) { The only problem is that I would not ever wear it anywhere other than the golf course. That’s not to say they don’t have some designs for those looking for something a bit “louder.”. Since leaving Ashworth Golf he sought to create a golf brand that was different than what he has done before. Everyone needs a rain jacket (unless you live in AZ). if ( notice ) For the past couple of years their clothes have been slowly taking over my closet. Watson will be sporting Linksoul apparel on and off the course, while also appearing in marketing campaigns, social media content, and other brand advertising. After spending a month with 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of trousers and a jacket, I am all in with Linksoul. On sale for $115.95. .code-block-2:nth-of-type(even) { NOTE, I highly recommend a wide brimmed hat in the rain as the main cause of getting wet is water leaking under the collar. Brand Name Linksoul Product Name LS183 - Anza Dry-Tek Short Sleeve Knit Shirt Color Black Heather Price. I would absolutely recommend, especially at their price point! About us Linksoul is more of a philosophy than a brand. Recently, however, I have connected with a few golf bloggers who were extolling the virtues of Linksoul. I wanted to feature a company that you absolutely should know about. /* ----------------------------------------- */ While the collar is unstructured, it does hold up well and maintains a “new shirt” look even after multiple washes. My co-founder, partner, and nephew, Geoff Cunningham, and I grew up in Southern California. More of an experience than a clothing company. If this is your first time hearing about Linksoul, make sure to give them a shot. If it’s possible for shorts to seem dignified, then these g.Keble golf shorts from Glenmuir… It is the collective life's work of a group of people that care about each other and enjoy collaborating. You could wear it in a monsoon and be dry as a bone. Honestly, it is pretty hard to tell which one is which by simple feel. Fast delivery, and 24/7/365 real-person service with a smile. I am talking about Linksoul. To that end, I wear all of my Linksoul apparel about 50% on the golf course and 50% in my daily life. Time limit is exhausted. It is the collective life's work of a group of people that care about each other and enjoy collaborating. It has plenty of stretch for the golf course, and the … */ display: none !important; Linksoul is a clothing brand for men and women which is not your usual apparel company which offers common styles. For me, it makes total sense to find a style you love and have several of the variations. At $175, the Linksoul rain jacket is well under most golf rain gear. Founder and Editor of Three Guys Golf. 47Brand Free Shipping On All Orders Over $50 Use this 47Brand coupon code to enjoy amazing savings! That said, every rain jacket is somewhat constrictive. All of the seams are taped so water stays out and you stay dry. Having limited exposure to the brand, I had convinced myself that they were really not a golf apparel company but rather more of a west coast lifestyle brand. Please reload CAPTCHA. Worn with a sharp pair of golf shoes or leather loafers, the Boardwalker trousers look fantastic. I’ve had a few instances where something didn’t fit just right, and their customer service has been swift and easy to deal with. They offer outerwear, layers, shirts, shorts, pants and accessories like … $83.95 Linksoul - Visor. four For example, I have a Mizuno rain kit that is amazing. For golfers who want alternative looks it can be difficult to find other brands because the bigger companies have an advantage with advertising and distribution saturation. Pricing is right around the $70 mark which is smack dab in the middle of what similar brands charge. The simple addition of a breast pocket makes this piece infinitely cooler looking than most. My only knock would be the lack of a sticky waistband, which I think should be a staple on all pants and shorts. Bottom line, the Linksoul shorts and pants are in my top three. Specifically, they love the shorts and pants. Jon Sherman is the owner of Practical Golf, a website dedicated to being an honest resource for the everyday golfer who is looking to enjoy the game more, as well as improve. If you purchase something from them you can be sure that it’s going to fit nicely, hold up over time, and most importantly look great. Brand … The Linksoul Rain Gear Jacket definitely does not look dumb. This would be unacceptable for even bargain shorts let alone a higher end brand like linksol. How does this match up with your own interests? Linksoul is brand born out of passion for elegant and minimal clothing. setTimeout( The Linksoul True Knits are packed with unique and subtle details like a Make Par / Not War deboss stamped into the heel tab, Linksoul sergeant logo embossed near the heel, Lab Green color pop eyelet, a collaborative TRUE x LINKSOUL … I will purchase this brand … Check out our deals for Practical Golf readers! Three Guys Golf is a golf blog that seeks to provide a unique perspective for fellow golfers. You may have heard of their founder, John Ashworth. /* ----------------------------------------- */ Size-wise, Linksoul runs true. Time limit is exhausted. John Ashworth: The Linksoul brand is a reflection of our environment and roots. While I chose darker colors, each of these polos comes in about 5 variations, making it an easy way to expand your collection. The quarter-zip sweaters have kept me warm on the course and also looked pretty sharp on a date night with my wife. For golfers who want alternative looks it can be difficult to find other brands … I can safely say I have an addiction (as you can see). 4.0 out of 5 stars. The reason being is that once I lock onto a brand that I like, I can feel comfortable with everything from sizing to fit to quality. Linksoul Brand Overview: After spending a month with 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of trousers and a jacket, I am all in with Linksoul. Since that time I have seen the rise of Linksoul along with their rapid line extension. I remember trying to get my head around “what/who is Linksoul”. I’m always checking their website to see what new clothes have come on. Color True Black. 101 Mistakes All Golfers Make is your complete guide to golf. Their official tagline, “Make Par Not War” captures the spirit of a company that is driven by the love of golf. Yes, the brand carries a laid back vibe, and yes, the …  =  However, they are in fact 67% poly, 25% cotton and 8% spandex. Linksoul offers a great selection of golf apparel and clothing to help you look and perform your best both on and off the golf course, available at TGW. Given the fact, that you will get a ton of use from the Linksoul, it ends up being a great bargain. right: 0px; The true golf obsessed don’t finish with the game when they are done with their round. Each time I have received a new piece of clothing from Linksoul one thing is immediately clear. Linksoul is more a philosophy than a brand. His surname still occupies the title of the golf apparel company Ashworth (which was recently sold along with Taylor Made). First off, I am a brand person rather than a piece person. Linksoul Review: The Brand Every Golfer Should Know About Mainstream golf apparel can get a bit repetitive. They have quickly become my favorite golf apparel brand because they are doing things on their own terms. $35.00 Linksoul - 1/2 Zip Pullover Windbreaker. Get the best deals on Linksoul L Golf Clothing & Shoes for Men when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. As mentioned, I received a number of pieces for this review. Slide {current_page} of {total_pages} - You May Also Like… With that said, I loved the shirt and it remains on medium rotation (albeit 90% with a pair of jeans rather than on a golf course). For anyone looking to order clothes without being able to try them on, you should go with a smaller size if you are in between. Brand Name Linksoul Product Name Anza Button-Down with Floral Pattern Color Deep Lake Heather Price. So hats off to Linksoul, and I look forward to seeing what they’ll do next. © 2017 copyright Three Guys Golf // All rights reserved //. Oddly, if I had to guess which one is 100% cotton I would choose the LS183 as it actually feels a touch softer than the LS102, which is 100% cotton. Linksoul is more of a philosophy than a brand and more of an experience than a clothing company. Many rain jackets are simply a shell with no soft parts so this is a welcomed addition. This is a … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I wear a medium and it fits perfectly. We need more independent companies like them who are trying to push things forward in this game, and change the way golf is perceived by the general public. Mainstream golf apparel can get a bit repetitive. }. Linksoul is more of a philosophy than a brand. Instead, I have had to make due with a hose in my driveway. Moreover, I like the idea of being a brand ambassador and feeling like an adhoc “member of the team”. } Another feature I like is that the inside of the pockets are lined with a soft material that will help keep your hands warm. } You could say some of their line has a bit of a west-coast vibe to it, but as a New Yorker I don’t necessarily see it that way. function() { display:block; Making the task more difficult was the very ambiguous website and marketing campaign. 5 Rated 5 stars out of 5 (4)Linksoul - LS662 - Chino Boardwalker Pants. display:none; Unfortunately, we have not had rain in 6 weeks here in NC so I have not worn it during an actual rain storm. /* ----------------------------------------- */, Coaching Boy Wonder: Lessons on Raising One of Golf’s Young Phenoms. Overall, there is no question that Linksoul is a premium clothing brand. The length is long enough to comfortably tuck in, but not look sloppy if you prefer not to. Free … The problem with a lot of golf rain jackets is that they look dumb if you are not playing golf. The cut is not too small but it is also much trimmer than many American brands. You can find him on Twitter here - @practicalgolf, where he is happy to chat about golf with anyone. Linksoul™ is more of a philosophy than a brand. var notice = document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_80"); Unlike most golf pants and shorts, the Linksoul bottoms do not appear to be made from a technical fabric. It is also part of the reason why they have a loyal fanbase (they are referred to as Linksouldiers). I am all in on Linksoul! It will be your reference guide for years to come! Personally, I am a big fan of this line extension as I have multiple colors of the same shirt in my other favorite brands. /*.logged-in .non-logged-in-ad-block { Please reload CAPTCHA. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands ... You May Also Like. The Linksoul brand based in Oceanside, CA is John Ashworth and artist-nephew Geoff Cunningham's exploration of the spiritual, soulful core of pastimes like golf, surf, yoga, … Color Black. timeout You also might have seen Golf Channel’s Matt Ginella wearing one of their hats or tees on the air. Their t-shirts are some of the softest you’ll ever feel. Linksoul. Both hold up well over time and do not lose their color, as evidenced by the below pictures which were taken after 4 washes. Color Black. If you go through their catalog one word might come to mind – originality. Below are the specific items: Linksoul Solid Boardwalker Shorts and Pants: What I really like about these items are the material and cut. −  It takes no sweat to get your favorites with less money. I never expected the shorts and pants to be so great. Linksoul believes in making things … Yes, the brand carries a laid back vibe, and yes, the shirts are fairly simple, but overall the quality is excellent and the colors and style make them perfect for anyone who wants an understated look for both on and off the golf course. Your email address will not be published. display:none; Brand: Linksoul. Again, the material looks natural with a touch of texture. Every piece of clothing they make is comfortable, made with high-quality materials, and fits nicely. notice.style.display = "block"; Free shipping BOTH ways on Linksoul, Clothing, Men from our vast selection of styles. That is certainly not the case with Linksoul. It is accessible at Harrods … I cannot overstate how impressed I am with this brand. /* Content Template: Single Post - start */ For those who like this look (and I do), it provides a guarantee that your collar will always be in place. } .hide-if-no-js { The combination is an extremely light and breathable material that has the look of linen with the performance and easy care of technical fabrics. (function( timeout ) { The two shirts I received were the 100% cotton polo and the dry-tech blend which is a 50/50 mix. The best way I can describe Linksoul is that they are a golf lifestyle brand for those who love this game down to its core. .non-logged-in-ad-block { They have a great collection of t-shirts, polos, pants, outerwear, artwork, and accessories that all seem to fit the eye of golfers who are looking for a more classic, but refined look. Three Guys Golf Blog was founded by Adam, Matt and Wade but also has regular contributing writers as well. display:none !important; Both are super soft and have a little stretch. } To that point, I wear the pants to work and casual events all of the time and no one would ever guess they are also perfect for the golf course. Of course the benefit for you is that you’ll look sharper, and show the world your love for the game. On sale for $65.99. For me, the main difference between these two shirts is simply the button down collar on the 100% cotton LS102. Join more than 30,000 golfers and receive email updates when new articles post. For me, I much prefer this cut to a wider bell bottom type of cut. Check out all their gear on their website. It sounds like the direct business is the most important to you, but would you like … They are making unique, stylish clothes that can be worn on and off the course by golfers. top: 250px; While this might help the bottom line of many companies, it doesn’t benefit golfers who want something different. The hard thing for me to get my head around is comparing this jacket to big time rain jackets.