Once the mechanic gets this information they can begin to fix any potential issues. Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection, Honda Pilot Brake Rotors/Discs Replacement, Honda Pilot Brake Shoe Replacement (Rear), Honda Pilot Car Door Lock Actuator Replacement, Honda Pilot Control Arm Assembly Replacement. As time has passed this is starting to happen more frequently a nd at lower speeds. Very noticeable between 25-40mph. Your engine either seems to bog down when you hit the gas pedal, or it takes a second or two to respond. Fred was on time and very knowledgeable when it came to the inspection. If the fuel tank itself it beginning to show signs of age, it may be convenient to change the pump and tank at the same time. Acura Technician. Given that the average 2003 Honda Pilot is worth roughly $2,500 to $3,000, trying to fix a major transmission problem could be a … 04 Honda Pilot. I have read other complaints about this and the recall that was issued for the same problem with Acura. If the mechanic believes the problem is the fuel pump, he or she will remove the fuel tank if necessary to inspect the pump. The mechanic should then remove the mass airflow sensor and replace it with a new one if necessary. Honda or Acura vehicles equipped with ECO mode occasionally hesitate. If it had not been for him pointing out key points about the vehicle, we would of bought a car that had been in a accident and overpriced. I have read other complaints about this and the recall that was issued for the same problem with Acura. They will then replace the injectors and test them to make sure they are functioning properly. Have you experienced a burst of power or vehicle surging in your Honda Pilot? Get your Throttle Postiton Sensor herehttps://amzn.to/2NYOwtLI've been battling the stubborn honda surge issue at 1500rpm and its officially fixed! Estimate price near me. Honda Pilot Car is hesitating and bucking Inspection at your home or office. Honda Pilot Acceleration Hesitation Attorneys with Gibbs Law Group are speaking to consumers and investigating reports of acceleration hesitation in Honda Pilot vehicles. If the throttle position sensor is not working properly, it may be sending incorrect information to the vehicle’s computer. Our service team is available 7 days a week, Monday - Friday from 6 AM to 5 PM PST, Saturday - Sunday 7 AM - 4 PM PST. 155,000 mi. YourMechanic All rights reserved. 20" black aluminum-alloy wheels, a gloss black front grille bar and body colour door handles bring the refined exterior to life, while Black Edition seat stitching and floor mats … While in motion the noise happens when the gas pedal is first pushed, then stops. customer ratings (992) $79.99 - $89.99. The consumer attorneys with Gibbs Law Group would like to hear about your experiences. call keith and your car problems will be gone in no time. Many new owners of the 2016 Honda Pilot are frustrated that they have serious issues with their brand new vehicle involving the transmission. Price range for all vehicles. It can be frustrating for any driver to expect certain acceleration from their vehicle only to find that the vehicle seems to be hesitant while speeding up. Honda Pilot owners who have filed complaints with the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration describe the alleged problem as a “2-5 second hesitation” or “delay in acceleration” in which the engine seems to “bog down for a few seconds before it ‘kicks in’ and then there is a ‘surge of power.’” The alleged surge of power has been described by other consumers as “rapid acceleration” during which the vehicle “jumps forward at a rapid rate.” Honda consumers allege this “problem is  sporadic but frequent,” “very annoying,” and potentially “extremely dangerous when trying to turn or pull into moving traffic” or when “entering busy traffic.”. Reggie did a great job of calling before he arrived, quickly diagnosing the problem, explaining it to me, fixing it, and then teaching me a bit about managing similar issues in the future. This hesitation could be potentially dangerous in situations like entering and exiting the highway from an off-ramp, where acceleration may be necessary to merge with traffic. Throttle position sensor: A throttle position sensor tells the vehicle’s computer how far the throttle is open and how hard the accelerator is being pressed. As many time as I was on/off the gas, it was consistent. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Dirty fuel injectors may cause the engine to run lean which will in turn, cause hesitation when accelerating. Sluggish acceleration can be annoying for drivers who expect more power form their car, but it can also be dangerous in certain situations. In the event that an issue has caused a warning light to come on, the mechanic will be able to clear the trouble code associated with the light using a reader/scanner. stop sign, yield sign, please take it to your nearest Honda Service Dept and let them know ASAP so they can pass … SELECT VEHICLE. Do you own or lease a Honda Pilot vehicle with acceleration hesitation or other sporadic acceleration problems? 2003 Honda Pilot… I know the was a recall for the 2004 Pilot but was informed by the dealer that mine was not … In addition to reading trouble codes, he or she should also be able to get readings of oxygen/fuel intake to make sure those numbers are where they should be. The computer may then not provide the engine with the correct amount of air while accelerating, causing a hesitation sensation. Something as close to stock as possible, as the performance, other than the initial starting from a stop, is just fine for me. Instantly book a certified mobile mechanic to come to you, Mechanic diagnoses the problem and quotes necessary repairs, Fair, upfront & transparent pricing for all services. In essence, delay or hesitation of the engine during acceleration happens when the engine does not get enough power, and it needs more power to accelerate from a dead stop than when maintaining the speed of a moving vehicle. While doing about 25-60 mph, if I SLIGHTLY press the gas pedal down, the rattle was fairly constant. The 2013 Honda Pilot has 6 problems reported for hesitates while driving. When I would press the accelerator lightly, there was no … Honda Pilot 2016 jerks when accelerating that causes the transmission fluid to burn so it requires multiple transmission fluid flushes from the burnt oil. In all cases, the mechanic will start the vehicle to make sure that all of the new components are working properly. Thanks again Fred and I would definitely recommend his services. Car Hesitates When Accelerating From Stop: 11 Common Reasons. … If a fuel pump cannot provide the correct pressure, fuel may have difficulty making it to the engine. Instantly book a certified mobile mechanic to come to you. I have a 2011 Odyssey EX-L with 600 miles on it. Hesitation (unexpected acceleration) occurs intermittently at low speed. Honda In essence, delay or hesitation of the engine during acceleration happens when the engine does not get enough power, and it needs more power to accelerate from a dead stop than when maintaining the speed of a moving vehicle. 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L started having problems with hesitation at attempts to accelerate when I’d had it one week (August, 2018). The 2013 Honda Pilot has 6 problems reported for hesitates while driving. How A Diagnostic Works. I recently got a 2013 EX-L V6 Accord with 15K on it and it hesitates at times when I press the gas at slow speeds...kinda scary in heavy traffic situations. 155,000 mi. In between removing the old sensor and replacing the new one, the mechanic should take the opportunity to clean the throttle body. After a battle with jetting (which I got nailed down eventually) and another battle with the emission system (which I think I now got nailed down) … I am the original owner of the vehicle. © Luckily Frank was able to diagnosis the whole issue (it was a dead battery caused by a fan that was staying on due to a stuck/mis-placed relay..phew) really quickly and showed me what to do if it happened again so the battery doesn't get drained. SELECT VEHICLE. Our certified mobile mechanics can come to you now. If it is not, the mechanic will remove the throttle positioning sensor and the wiring and replace them. The mechanic will then provide a detailed inspection report outlining the nature of the hesitation and the cost of any repairs that need to be made. The mechanic will then ensure the new throttle positioning sensor is working properly and transmitting the correct information to the vehicle’s computer. Dirty/failing fuel injectors: Fuel injectors spray fuel in a fine mist into the cylinder where it is mixed with air and ignited by a spark plug. I have a growling sound from the front end of my Honda Pilot while accelerating from a stop. A vehicle with a combustion (gas or diesel) engine requires an exact mixture of fuel and air to run efficiently. Both - Honda 2006 Pilot question Average failure mileage is 7,150 miles. If you notice that your vehicle seems to be underpowered, especially when accelerating, you should not drive it if possible until it can be inspected by a mechanic. When a vehicle is hesitating during acceleration, it should be inspected by a mechanic. rubasu. Our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM. When a mass airflow sensor begins to fail, it will typically generate an error code or “Check Engine light.” This warning may be accompanied by hesitation while accelerating, or while driving up a hill. Price range for all vehicles. Current 2015 Accord EX - 2017 CRV Touring Past 2015 CRV Touring - 2013 CRV EX - 2012 Civic LX - 2011 Accord 2dr EX - 2011 Pilot EX - 2007 CRV EX - 2005 Accord 2dr SE - 2005 Civic 2dr EX - 2004 Pilot EX - 2002 Accord 2dr EX - 2002 Accord 4dr SE Bought the car as Certified Pre … When a mass airflow sensor begins to fail, it will typically generate an error code or “Check Engine light.” This warning may be accompanied by hesitation while accelerating, or while driving up a hill. Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho. Mechanic … No problems with vehicle ever. Our certified mobile mechanics come to you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 9 PM. Takes longer cranking. Discussion Starter • #1 • Aug 10, 2011. Here's what you might discover—and what you can do to fix the problem: Dirty air filter. Five hours later my battery was dead. It seems to be transmission related, as if I coast in n … read more. When a mass airflow sensor begins to fail, it will typically generate an error code or “Check Engine light.” This warning may be accompanied by hesitation while accelerating, or while driving up a hill. customer ratings (420) $79.99 - $89.99. Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Our mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 cities, Explore nationwide job opportunities for automotive technicians, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Fleet maintenance with certified mobile mechanics, Honda Pilot - Car is not starting - Redondo Beach, California.