The general way to troubleshoot a refrigerator that has a blank display panel, is to first try the reset methods above. The control board then regulates power to the compressor and evaporator fan based on the thermistor readings. But if you want to check if your ice maker is working, it. I just changed the water filter and am now having a problem getting my refrig temp back to 38. The control board has a number of wires attached to it. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! , our Samsung representative at Best Buy, want to know about you to set up a personal demonstration on your next galaxy device. I have a Haier HBM450HSA1 Fridge-Freezer. I unplugged it and I reset the breaker, nothing works. This is to get the panel working again and also to get the refrigerator to begin cooling again if applicable. Dam Myler,Besides the Control board being dark…. At that point I gave up and started to move all the food out of the fridge. No other lights will come on. GE Fridge model GFSS6KKX sounded like a lawn mower. After a power outage, my Whirlpool Gold standard MODEL: GI5FSAXVY01 refrigerator has stopped working. NOTE: If the icemaker is making ice, then this may indicate a problem with the fridge sensor, air diffuser, or the main control board.This can be a complex thing to troubleshoot.You may want to have a technician troubleshoot the system.-RR. At the closing day I asked the agent to turn off the refrigerator because we were going to clean it later, but now I can’t turn it on. My whirlpool freezer door display is not working properly. Refrigerator Display Reset Method 1 – Hold down the “Energy Saving” and “Lighting” buttons at the same time for 10 seconds (or top left & right buttons). All those components are now working correctly, the freezer is cold and the refrigerator is catching up. Refrigerator Display Reset Method 7 – Press and hold the “ice type” and “filter reset” button for 10 seconds and the display will come back on. My kitchen aid temperature reset button isn’t resetting..I’ve turned the power switch off then back on the fridge temp is 64 and freezer is 38. It is a bottom freezer refrigerator. I tried to do a reset on it which turned the panel off then back on. The display is not working. My digital control in the fridge went out about 2 weeks ago, I replace the main board and it did not correct the issue. – LED Light Indications. Called for repair, earliest appointment was in 7 days. How Do You Install A New Refrigerator Water Filter? How do I reset? Refrigerator Display Reset Method 4 – Press the “Freezer” and “Ref” buttons at the same time for 8 seconds and the reset should work. Information contained within RemoveandReplace.com is researched and backed by experienced DIY technicians. Refrigerator Has NO Power – How To Troubleshoot? Please help us improve by selecting a reason below. Model mfd2562vem11. I have been looking through troubleshooting websites but I don’t understand them and can’t find anything relevant to my situation. Also like to commend you and your team on a well informed tech support blog keep up the great work and I take my hat off to you all! How To Clear The Cache On Your Xbox? How To Remove Moisture In A Watch – How Does Condensation Form? Display panel does not light at all. Refrigerator panel is not working correctly. The last two times it started working again on its own but this time I cannot get it to. Ref light is on but no display panel and it is not cooling ? We had a 15 hour power outage yesterday. The main control board is located behind the refrigerator under a small rectangle shaped panel. The meats in the freezer were starting to defrost and the refrigerator part was warm. Freezer control and lights are on, but compressor is not operating: Refrigerator is in defrost mode. Is there a procedure to keep temperature indicators illuminated? Sorry, there is insufficient stock for your cart. We had a power outage recently. I currently have a Samsung American fridge freezer Model number is RSA1WTMH and I have activated the child lock.However I now need to deactivate it and it is not responding.I’ve turned the power supply off and even tried to do the display reset but these are not working. The lights are on but its not cooling how can I reset it. The controller board is essentially the brains of the refrigerator so it can cause a number of issues if it is defective. We will show you which buttons to press to reset the display control panel on your refrigerator. The problem I wrote before was a different one…My temp control display was malfunctioning after I replaced a burnt control board on my GE Profile side by side.24 hours later the display started reading correctly on its own. The fridge has a new filter and the lower IM is working great. Turned the unit off on control panel and left off for 10 minutes and still nothing. How To Check Clothes Dryer Vent Hose Air Flow. I have a Maytag model MFI2568AEW. Holding two top buttons did reset display and I was able to lock the ice maker since there is no water line available. I would like to hear if someone can tell me how the Maytag self reset logic works. We have a whirlpool gold series refrig with freezer in bottom. Manufactured March, 2016 - January, 2020 The top (door) ice maker is not working. (Literally a cup, I captured it.So, how could the unit have cooled at all or any lights work, if the control Board was covered about 3/4 the way up with water?Before I found the control board, I was assuming the evaporate fan motor was out since the fridge side wasn’t working. It also controls the defrost cycle. Normal operation. No cool or freeze. If the thermistor is defective, the compressor and evaporator fan may not run when necessary, or may run too frequently. I have a Whirlpool Amana fridge model AFI2538AES4 where in the Touch Screen went blank.I tried the 8 methods to reset the Touch pad and system, including power reboot, but no good.The water filter replacement warning light stuck on and will not reset.The water dispenser lever will not deliver water and sounds alarm when depressed along with no way to reset or deactivate the alarm.Pressing the “Freezer +” button can be audibly heard to shut off system but leave interior lights working.Pressing the “Freezer -” button which should turn on everything to start both compartments cooling again only makes a short sound similar the “+” sign button but then I hear a small pop or clap and then nothing including fridge cooling.Although the Touch Screen does not stay on… if I press any button I get all LED light up but they are I guess zeroes or all the bars inside lighting like an “8”.What is popping or clapping right near the Touch Screen that I might fix or is there some other combination of buttons to push to get it running again? If the refrigerator’s light doesn’t work and its motor doesn’t run, here is the basic refrigerator troubleshooting you can do: 1 Check its electrical power. The Digital Display on the GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator Is Not Working Power. and plugged back in. Within the past two days the ice/water maker will no longer dispences. My water dispenser is not working, dispenser is not getting water. If it does not, you may have a bad display board, bad main control board, or have a wiring harness issue. Is there a way to reset or what do i need to try? I had tried to unplugged the power core for several min. The fridge is not cooling and I do not hear any noises however, the lights are on and when I press a button on the control panel all lights illuminate. I have the exacte same problem, GE GSR 23 US TA GV. Recently I had to shutoff the power to the unit and it came back on like this, is there a fuse that I can check? Any ideas?Oh and the ice maker green light glows, I can’t depress the off button on the ice maker (on the maker itself). For Software or firmware questions, we suggest the following: For product performance questions, we suggest the following: Email as a contact option was discontinued as of April 3rd, 2019. I’m out of ideas.Thank you. All the soft buttons works except the temp. We have seen many people having all the food in the refrigerator and freezer going bad as the power was out for many many hours. Bought new Fridge but noise stopped before delivery. To reset your refrigerator display panel: (Different methods for different refrigerators). Is there a way to reset before food goes bad? 6 Easy Steps, Room Is Hot With New Window AC Running – 10 Helpful Cooling Tips, Where Is The Freezer Drain Hole In My Fridge? Samsung French Door fridge (RF23HCEDBBC) – 1 yr old, Control panel not working. Ice Under Freezer Drawer In Refrigerator – How To Fix? Bad Smell From Central Air Conditioner – What Causes Moldy Smell? Please contact us via Live Chat for a faster response. When the refrigerator stops responding to the temperature knob or quits making ice, you can reset the unit. If you find it is connected properly and secure, you may have a bad display board. When I plugged it back in, it didn't work anymore. Maytag Refrigerator – MOD# MFI2569YEM2 SER# K13808906I noticed my fridge had stopped working. How To Use Your Amazon Alexa – Full “What Can I Ask” List. The dispenser switch clicks, and turns the light on, but zero dispenser activity including water. The water flow from my dispenser is slow. I have a Jenn Air Model JSD2695KES.Cannot change the display from Crush Ice to any other option.The options are from left to right – Lock – Water – Crush – Cube – LightDisplay is stuck on Crush.How to I reset display to be able to select other options other than Crush? I have turned it off to try to get them to reset nothing is working any advice? See our privacy policy here. Is there a combination of buttons to be pushed for this model? Any other suggestions? Had to move 1 wire on the Board. – How To Fix A Doorbell, Breaker Trips When I Turn The Light On – How To Troubleshoot, Xbox One Keeps Crashing Freezing Home Screen – Problems & Solutions, TV Screen Goes Black Randomly – Power Light Still On, Floor Drain Backs Up When Using Washing Machine, LG Air Conditioner Error Code CH34 Troubleshooting, How To Set A Phone When Traveling Internationally – Avoid Travel Data Charges And Fees, Freezer Is Leaking Water From Bottom – DRAIN TUBE FROZEN OR CLOGGED, How To Remove And Prevent Black Mold In Washing Machine Detergent Drawer, Garage Door Opener Flashing LED Light – Door Not Moving, Maytag Washer Displays Error Code F3 E2 – WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR Fault. Then changes back to Celsius reading.I had a refurbished circuit board put in in April (it wasn’t controling the fan any longer). When power has been restored, “PO” repeatedly flashes on the display screen and the red Power Outage icon appears. The digital control panel on my GE Profile french door (PFS22SISBSS) no longer has functioning lights. Whirlpool Washer Error Code LF – LONG FILL, Dishwasher Not Spraying Water – How To Repair, Electric Clothes Dryer Not Heating Fix – Easy DIY Repair Guide, Godrej Washing Machines Error Codes – Fault Code Definitions, Whirlpool Dishwasher Filter Cleaning – Step By Step. We replaced the display board and back control panel but that’s not the problem. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If there is a problem with the display I suggest you first check that the wiring to the PCB of the display is not broken. It should be between 35 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Maytag model number mfi2569yem0, all lights on the display board light up when you push any button then goes back dark, the lights inside work, the ice chute opens when you power the unit back up, i have unplugged for 10 minutes and plugged back in, it is not running, fridge and freezer are hot. There are many types and models of refrigerators. I have KitchenAid kfis25xvms2. The lights for ice, water and filter do not light up, although they do dispense. After a power outage my temperature control display is blank. My refrigerator is running, but it is not cool or cool enough. Refrigerator Display Reset Method 2 – Press “Power Freeze” & “Power Cool” at the same time for 10 seconds and the display should reset and come back on. The fridge apparently wakes up after 12 hours in coma caused by the power outage. My Samsung Model # RF28HMEDBSR-AA was plugged in the whole time & when the power came back we had a blank display. What do I press to get the numbers to come back? If you can determine that the display panel and display board are working properly, you need to trace the wire harnesses to find where the issue is coming from. In order to have the screen light up, you have to push one of the buttons, like "precise fill". Try resetting the control panel by turning off power to the refrigerator briefly. The display is not working. Wait 40 minutes to see if refrigerator restarts. Message and data rates may apply. My Samsung (RF28K9070SR/AA) is working, control panel works but on normal operation the temp status display no longer stays on. Please take our brief survey. I have a Samsung Fridge Model No RT77KBSM1/XFA.Problem is PC display on door is not working properly.Its stays off and intermittently turns on/off with a beep.Fridge is functioning normally.Please if anyone can advise if PC control can be reset? But if your pitcher's not filling, the solution could be as simple as turning the setting on. Worked for my Samsung srs702gdhss after a power outage, Power Freeze and Lighting buttons. Is it possible the control board can be saved? Diagnostic codes displayed was segment 3 flashing. How To Fix A Fluorescent Light That Buzzes Or Turns Off? Crisper drawer temperature is too warm. We have tried holding the lock button to unlock it and it will not do anything. Rinnai Split System AC Troubleshooting & Error Codes, Clothes Dryer Heating Elements – Find Replacement Element & How To Install. How Do I Fix A Hole In My Irrigation Pipe? All panel lights went out. On the back of your refrigerator you’ll find the control board access panel. Donna Schroeder,Press the 2 top left and right buttons on the display for 10 seconds to try a reset.Are the lights on in the fridge and freezer?-RR. Had a power outage and front panel light up when pressing any key at the beginning and stop lighting up few min after. Help appreciated!Called 3 appliance repair people who are booked for a week +. We produce weekly "How To" articles with detailed step by step instructions & illustrations about fixing, organizing, recycling, repairing, renovating, removing, replacing & more. He has 33 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing all types of appliances. Hello, My GE French Door Refrigerator new in 2012 Model GFSL6KKYELS has an issue with the front control panel. Ensure the temperature is properly set for cooling. I hear motor trying to start and beeping for few second. Power outage today and control panel is blank. Myler June 3 2016…I have a Kenmore 596 believe to be made also by Maytag. We aim to always deliver relevant and engaging content where facts and information provided is checked and rechecked for accuracy. If cooling is off, all dashes (—) will appear on the temperature display for both compartments.Press either “-” button (for the refrigerator or freezer) to turn cooling on.The temperature displays will now show the temperature set points for each compartment. Ty, Maytag MFF2558FEZ need help.. the panel is just showing a line in both the freezer and fridge panel. Does the control panel need replaced? Inside lights work. Display is blank – do you think the buttons would still work and maybe the display lights would be out??? I have a Samsung RS263TDRS and the lighting is only working on the top portion of the panel. How To Remove And Replace The Bottom Seal On A Shower Door? I have a Jenn-air JFC2089WEM side-by-side refrigerator. My Maytag control board isn’t working the fridge door was left open for a few hours and now it isn’t lighting up.If I push the access to get ice or water the alarm just rings off but nothing comes out and it lights up.I pulled out the plug for ten/15 minutes but it still isn’t lighting up. It will only show us the lock icon. GE refrigerator model PDS22MIWAWW control panel lights not on after a power outage, fridge working freezer working. Thanks much. Temperature Control If your GE refrigerator is not running, the temperature controls can be your problem. Please supply us with the make and model number of your refrigerator when asking a technical question. How To Fix A Slow Remote Control With A Cable Box? Thomas,Did you recently have a power outage?Either way have you tried the simplest way to reset the fridge by unplugging it for 10 minutes?How old is the Hotpoint refrigerator and what is the model number?-RR. It is at 44. condenser fan, evap. We have it hooked up and it is running ok, everything cold as it should be. Question 4: It seems like the display/function processor may be stuck in a power up mode and when a button is depressed it acts like a “test all display lights” like when you start your car the display lights up when you first start your car to test console display. Refrigerator and freezer are working fine. Can I Turn The AC Off To Save Money? We have a Jenn-Air refrigerator model #JFI2589AES purchased 12/08.The ice maker door cycles continuously.When the panel is pushed all lights flash but can not change anything.And now the refrigerator and freezer does not cool anymore?We have unplugged for 10 minutes and then plugged in again and it does the same thing? Can you advise me how to remove the display in case I have to replace it or check for a loose connector plug?Thank you.. We have a GE fridge and we are having trouble with the display board.Some of the lights light up, but the buttons don’t respond.The temperature of the fridge and freezer don’t display.It also makes random beeping noises almost nonstop.Does it seem like the display board/trim needs to be replaced? My GE Profile Refrigerator #PSS26SGRASS has a malfunctioning temp control display.Main control panel has been replaced and now the display for “fresh” side reads strange symbol.When I first plugged it in after replacing the control board both freezer and fresh temp displays read “off”.Unplugged the fridge to reset control board and no change.Both sides are cooling just LED display not showing status as it did before replacing the control board. 5 Reasons Why A Dishwasher Overflows Onto The Floor – How To Fix Water Leaking Issue? The control panel for going on the past month has had a mind of its own. Unplug the refrigerator or turn it off at the circuit breaker for 30 seconds to reset the control. I have a Samsung French door refrigerator with Flex Zone drawer. , our Samsung representative will be in touch with you. Fridge and freezer both appear to be not working. Refrigerator does not operate: Refrigerator control settings are too low. Stopped after a storm/loss of power. How To Fix A Freezer Door That Doesn’t Seal Shut, Range Hood Not Working Properly – How To Repair Help & Tips, How To Remove And Replace A Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser, Split AC Leaking Water Inside – How To Fix Air Conditioner Water Leak, Ice Maker Not Working – How to Troubleshoot Refrigerator Ice Cube Dispenser, Refrigerator Making Noise When Dispensing Water. I ordered replacement front panel. The lighting, cubed ice and filter displays are on but stuck. but it is not cooling, the front display is not illuminated and the compressor and fans are not running at all?Have you tried to simply unplug the fridge and plug back in after 5 minutes?You probably have a faulty main board.It is called the REFRIGERATOR ELECTRONIC MAIN BOARD.If you have tried everything, this board is probably the culprit.You can find it online at appliance parts companies for around $120 to $200 US dollars.-RR. I don’t want to purchase a new fridge. This site uses cookies to enhance your web site experience. I used the auto diagnostics by holding down the energy saver and alarm button for 8 seconds and get an N2 code at the freezer temp reading and an A8 code at the fridge temp reading. The power outage indicator lets you know if the power supply to the refrigerator has been cut off and the freezer temperature has risen to 18°F (-8°C) or higher. Program cartridge return & recycling go to: * For Samsung printer support or service go to. I suspect problem with evaporator fan. Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker Quit Working – How To Fix? All of the lights are on and stay on, so after reading the manual it seemed that it was in "display mode". We have a Whirlpool refrigerator model#gd5nvaxwa00. Changed the Main Control Board in the bottom. Ice maker is working. Thanks. Browse answers, ask questions and get solutions from other Samsung customers. Replacement Water Filter For Samsung Refrigerator, How To Fix A Washing Machine That Doesn’t Fill With Water All The Way. Dishes Not Clean After Washing In Dishwasher – 10 Helpful Tips. Samsung showcase refrigerator.The display stopped working.Lights up when door is opened or when using ice or water dispenser but controls not working.Fridge and freezer working fine. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Whenever your refrigerator panel is not working, the good news is that the refrigerator will maintain the temperature and other settings it last had, so your food doesn't spoil. I have a GE GSL25JFTA BS there have been power outages here over the last few years and there has never been a problem with the refrigerator or freezer. We noticed that the fridge and freezer have been too cold (frozen veggies, eggs in the back etc)Now the fridge light and display turn off. Noise stops when door is open. This is a side by side GE GSH25JFXN WW. Thanks. An audible alarm rising jingle, then descending jingle goes off on the control panel. AC Not Blowing Cold – How To Get Air Conditioner To Blow Cool Air? Here are a few examples of GE Refrigerator issues that were fixed with a new controller board: “GE refrigerator quit working on a Sunday morning. Once I heard the jingle go off again, I then attempted to use the control panel and only then did it allow me to switch Iced cubed, Ice crushed or water. , our Samsung representative, wants to know about you so they can assist you better. Go to the control panel or touch screen display (Some Samsung refrigerator models have theirs inside the fridge while others have their displays outside). How To Fix SUD Code On Samsung Washing Machines – “SUDS” Error, Does Your Dryer Belt Need To Be Replaced? No lights at all but the inside lights are working. Question 1: Did Dan ever report back if he got his unit working and what he did to do so? Xbox Running Slow or Lagging? Bathroom Sink Will Not Drain Water – How To Fix? Refrigerator Ice Maker Keeps Freezing Up – How To Fix? The fridge is 8 years old. Water and ice will not dispense. The front dispenser panel still does not function. You should try turning the fan motor blade by hand to see if it will turn freely. And the other screen has the degree circle and can switch from C to F also but I can’t choose either of them. Unable to get water or ice? If your GE refrigerator is not cooling consistently but everything else seems to work, such as the the lights inside are on then it may very well be an issue with the main controller board problem. Fridge not cooling. Jo Ann Bromwell,Possibly the icemaker is turned on but not making any ice.This can cause the icemaker area to attempt to constantly maintain around a 15 degree temp.Over time this may cause the refrigerator section to get extra cold and begin freezing things in the fridge section.If this is what is happening with your refrigerator then turning the icemaker off may resolve the issue temporarily. stopped working. Also the compressor and fan are not working the model number is HSM25GFTSA. I have a GE refrigerator. Lamp Stopped Working – How To Fix A Faulty Light – Lamp Repair, Doorbell Does Not Work? When this happens, the LOCK goes on and off along with the ICE function on and off sometimes for a few seconds by itself. I recently had a power outage and the numbers on my refrigerator are not working.The freezer light and fridge light will come on and the power panel is blank.The compressor and fan are not running.I’ve unplugged it and plugged it back in and it’s not working. Refrigerator Ice Maker Jammed – Ice Cubes Stuck In Door Chute. My GE profile (GFE28HMHEES) french door dispenser quit working. The temperature control board, also called the main control board or the PCB board, is next to the compressor, behind the panel on the back of the refrigerator. GE refrigerators are a popular brand and come in a variety of models. The only problem is the display panel is saying our freezer is 80 degrees and the fridge is 79. Ice dispenser was not working either. Purchase a GE Appliance Part online. Same result. I cannot remember which buttons I pushed. Hello, My GE French Door Refrigerator new in 2012 Model GFSL6KKYELS has an issue with the front control panel. Owner Center | Model PYE22KSKSS GE Profile™ Series ENERGY STAR® 22.1 Cu. Carbon Monoxide Alarm Going Off Every 30 Seconds – What To Check? Free standard shipping, exclusive offers and financing options. My Beko refrigerator display panel has gone off and my usually silent fridge is making a noise.The inside light is ON and it seems to be cooling. If the display is not working not show any kind of number. none of the buttons on the front are lighting up or working including the door alarm etc. Hi there i have a sumsung side by side fridge/freezer model RSJ1KERS it flash small dot something like half 1 on the freezer side on panel and on displaying panel of fridge side its blank and the condessor fan motor does not run because of that my fridge is not working someone can help me please…, How do I reset a Refrigerator Hitachi?Model Number: r-s700gru8. Dishwasher Not Using The Soap – (Check Door Seal & Spring). How To Fix A Microwave Oven That Will Not Turn On? After connecting the water and plugging in the refrigerator the front control panel will not work. What Do The Numbers Mean In Surround Sound? How To Get Hot Water Faster – Hot Water To Faucet Takes Too Long, Mini Fridge Stopped Cooling – Refrigerator Not Cool, How To Center A Laptop Screen – Fix Off Center Screen, How To Fix A Dishwasher That Is Not Draining. Please share your ZIP Code to find a nearby Best Buy to try out your next phone. I purchased a used Kenmore refrigerator, model number 79551014010. I have a GE refrigerator mn#cfe29tsdbss 2013.After I plugged the unit in after replacing a evap fan motor, the display on the ice control panel keeps turning on, displaying “GE” and shutting off, restarting display and looping over and over.I tried a reset by unplugging the fridge between 30 and 45 seconds, then re applying power with no luck.I am not sure if the main controller or the display board is bad at the ice maker door.The refrigerator is cooling, and freezer is fine.The ice and water does not work and no ability to control temperature up and down, cant access menu as the display resets over and over. Refrigerator Display Reset Method 3 – Hold the top left and top right soft touch buttons on the screen “power save” and “lighting” button and hold both buttons for about 8 seconds and it will reset. Lights on inside. The LCD display panel is not working but the fridge and freezer appear to be working fine. Beverly Benton,Please supply model number of refrigerator.-RR. Can you help me? Samsung.com Services and marketing information, new product and service announcements as well as special offers, events and newsletters. After reading some tips, I held my fingers on multiple functions at the same time in an attempt to reset but that didn’t work. Replace the filter. Thank you! Tried all combos listed previously. How do i reset my display board on my Frigidaire gallery model number fghb2866pf3?The freezer is working but the upper part seems not to work? I unugged it and replugged in the same outlet and a different outlet but still the same. Hard Wired Smoke Alarm Keeps Chirping – How To Reset? My TV Won’t Connect To WIFI Wireless Network – How To Fix? The control panel on my GE side by side refrigerator is not working. It will light up with pressing any button but will not reset. This happened a couple of months ago and I randomly pushed some buttons and the display turned back on. To turn cooling off, press either “+” button repeatedly until all dashes (—) appear on the temperature display.Your refrigerator and freezer will not cool. We are having the same issue with the LG LRFD25850ST and we cant find a replacment part for the dispenser display control panel (states discountined on all websites Ive checked) Do you know how many times to press a button to try and adjust the fridge correctly again.. LG fridge/freezer model LRFD25850. There was a puddle under the draws which hasn’t re-occurred in the past 10 days. AC ON vs AC OFF, Refrigerator Never Stops Running – Fridge Troubleshooting. The repeated opening and closing of the door puts a strain on the wires and breaks them……at least it did on my Kenwood fridge freezer. Refrigerator Not Working at All. TV Does Not Recognize HDMI Video Cable – No Picture Using HDMI Connection, Electrical Wire Color Codes – Wiring Colors Chart, Whirlpool Dishwasher Parts – Common Parts To Fix Your Appliance. Washing Machine Leaking Water From Bottom – How To Fix? And on. I have reset the power several times and still have same issues. I have a GE Model #GFE28GSKBSS Serial #AH505507.I cleaned the outside door by spraying it with 409 Cleaner. Press and held, nothing. The thermistor monitors the refrigerator temperature and sends the temperature reading to the control board.