Worth reading or listening to the audio book as I did. Kopf Geld Jagd - Wie ich in Venezuela niedergeschossen wurde, während ich versuchte... Ein Fall, der Kommissarin Lorenzen an ihre Grenzen bringt. My question for Phil would be, “Tex Winter describes his time at Northwestern University where he coached good students, but not the best basketball players. It was quite detailed, in some sections, about the particulars of specific games which I didn't expect. Published before the Laker years...so you won't find any juicy Kobe smack. The key to his success, he thinks is his ability to understand the complexities of the players as well as the intricacies of the game. Speaking with Adam Grant feels like having your brain sandblasted, in a pleasant sort of way. More than a Game (Paperback) Published March 1st 2002 by Touchstone. I actually abhor the Lakers but I enjoyed reading about the coaching aspect of things. Sie hören eine Hörprobe des Audible Hörbuch-Downloads. $22.30 Never Die Alone. "After leaving the Bulls at the end of the 1997-1998 season—the year featured in the new ESPN documentary series "The Last Dance"—Phil Jackson had one year off and started to write this book—together with his old friend, fellow player and coach, the basketball novelist Charley Rosen. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Skip to main content.sg. Give and go between Jackson and his old warhorse buddy. Hello, Sign in. Be the first to ask a question about More than a Game. Highbridge Audio; Abridged Edition (21. Previous page. It was a great collaboration between Phil Jackson and Charlie Rosen. Mai 2013. I also have no idea who the co-author is who seems to be riding on the coattails of Jackson’s success. Dieser Artikel kann nicht per 1-Click® bestellt werden. Jackson is a very compelling figure in basketball and Rosen's narrative does him justice. I was left wanting more of both, but I enjoyed the interplay between the two authors and their descriptions of life in basketball. Phil Jackson, coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, offers his observations and experiences, including the first championship season he had with the team. Rezension aus Frankreich vom 6. Wählen Sie eine Sprache für Ihren Einkauf. Cart All. August 2013. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. However, it also jumps around during the 70s and 90s. Entdecken Sie jetzt alle Amazon Prime-Vorteile. Wenn Sie nicht alle Cookies akzeptieren möchten oder mehr darüber erfahren wollen, wie wir Cookies verwenden, klicken Sie auf "Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen". Zugelassene Drittanbieter verwenden diese Tools auch in Verbindung mit der Anzeige von Werbung durch uns. More Than a Game | Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley | ISBN: 9781565114555 | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. I don't recommend it for anyone who isn't a considerable basketball fan. Jackson and Rosen alternate chapters, though Jackson have written many more pages than Rosen. Phil Jackson racconta la sua prima stagione da allenatore ai Lakers (1999-2000), culminata con la vittoria del titolo, parlando anche di sé e del suo passato, personale e professionale. Be true to your philosophy and always aspire to improve. Buy More Than A Game by Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley online on Amazon.ae at best prices. A preacher's son, he holds a degree in philosophy, psychology and religion. Februar 2016, ***MET PHIL JACKSON IN CHICAGO & MET MICHAEL JORDON ON THE SAME NIGHT***MY HEART WAS BEATING SO FAST, I COULD BARELY BREATHE***IT WAS MORE THAN A GAME THAT NIGHT***IT WAS A FANTASY NIGHT***IT WAS ON MY DAUGHTER'S LIST OF THINGS SHE WANTED TO DO BEFORE SHE DIED WAS TO SEE THE CHICAGO BULLS PLAY***WE HAD NO IDEA WERE GOING TO HAVE 4th ROW SEATS & BE ABLE TO READ DENNIS RODMAN'S TATOOS***AFTER THE GAME, WE GOT TO THEIR SWEATY HANDS& GET THEIR AUTOGRAPHS****(YES, THEY BEAT WASHINGTON)***PHIL JACKSON IS ONE MAN WHO WAS BORN TO BE A COACH****, 2 Personen fanden diese Informationen hilfreich. Lesen Sie ehrliche und unvoreingenommene Rezensionen von unseren Nutzern. Jackson is widely considered one of the greatest coaches in the history of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Hardcover. Finden Sie alle Bücher, Informationen zum Autor. Hardcover. This book would be even more exciting for a basketball fanatic who remembers the classic games he discusses. Phil Jackson, Author, Charley Rosen, Author, Charley Rosen, Joint Author MORE THAN A GAME Phil Jackson $24.95 (320p) ISBN 978-1-58322-060-3 Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen, einschließlich interessenbezogener Werbung. by Touchstone. Adam Grant Wants You to Rethink What (You Think) You Know. He is the author of Bullpen Diaries and fifteen other sports books, and has written more than a hundred articles for publications such as the New York Times Book … More Than a Game. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Ihre zuletzt angesehenen Artikel und besonderen Empfehlungen. More Than a Game: Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley: Amazon.nl Selecteer uw cookievoorkeuren We gebruiken cookies en vergelijkbare tools om uw winkelervaring te verbeteren, onze services aan te bieden, te begrijpen hoe klanten onze services gebruiken zodat we verbeteringen kunnen aanbrengen, en om advertenties weer te geven. Welcome back. Wiederholen Sie die Anforderung später noch einmal. A much deeper look at Phil Jackson's life and the influences that shaped his approach to life and basketball. Great read for basketball fans-- a meandering journey through the minds of Phil Jackson and Charley Rosen, covering Jackson' s early coaching days, Jackson and Rosen's basketball philosophies, and some interesting stories from the 2000-2001 season (Jackson's first with the Lakers). I enjoyed this book. Paperback, 320 pages. September 2013, すばらしいです。買ってよかった。引き続き読みます。もし宜しければ、このすばらしい本は、ご紹介お願い致します。, Rezension aus den Vereinigten Staaten vom 21. Belli anche i capitoli firmati dall'amico Charley Rosen, ex collega di Jackson poi divenuto scrittore a tempo pieno. It was written by both Phil Jackson and Charley Rosen. More Than a Game | Phil Jackson, Charley Rosen | ISBN: 0025024887345 | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. Click here for the lowest price! Januar 2017, pour les amoureux du basket, ou pour ceux qui souhaite lire, Rezension aus Japan vom 2. Charley Rosen writes about half the chapters, and while his stuff is sometimes interesting, I didn't get the book to read about him. Atwood's "Payback" is a better written book, but for its purpose this was alright. Try With this memorable book, Phil joins his friend Charley Rosen, a former player and coach who knows … Phil Jackson of the New York Knicks brings a unique perspective to sports literature. ISBN: 0743444116 (ISBN13: 9780743444118) Edition language: (Englisch) Audio CD – Hörbuch, 21. An easy read. What is more valuable is the evolution of consciousness that a team enjoys. I prefer Sacred Hoops for an elucidation of PJ's coaching/spiritual philosophy, and The Last Season for a behind-the-scenes look at the Lakers, but this book is a solid combination of the two and worth your time. Stöbern Sie jetzt durch unsere Auswahl beliebter Bücher aus verschiedenen Genres wie Krimi, Thriller, historische Romane oder Liebesromane, The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul, By Phil Jackson Eleven Rings Paperback - 5 Feb 2015, Siege oder lerne: Wie ich Conor McGregor zum MMA-Champion machte. Spannende Unterhaltung mit #1-Kindle-Bestsellerautorin Anna Johannsen. Hinzufügen war nicht erfolgreich. This book completely feels like Rosen's idea, but knowing that no one cares about him tapped his friend Phil to includes a few chapters (and to put a photo of Phil on the cover with his name in HUGE FONT). Perceptive, intelligent, completely op Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 30. 4.6 out of 5 stars 39. Some okay insights into PJ's coaching philosophy and some merely adequate explanation of the triangle offence. For anyone wishing to understand the game of basketball and/or an in-depth look at the Lakers' championship runs during the early 2000s, you will not be disappointed. The NBA coach reveals how he turned the Lakers around, teaching discipline to a seemingly undisciplined team. His coaching record deteriorated, but he enjoyed coaching them and they ran the triangle well. Jackson and Rosen skillfully used the game as a metaphor for life. Stattdessen betrachtet unser System Faktoren wie die Aktualität einer Rezension und ob der Rezensent den Artikel bei Amazon gekauft hat. I read this while fighting off a light cold and it was perfect for that, so the rating is admittedly skewed. Juli 2020. More than a Game by Phil Jackson Charley Rosen(2002-03-01) | Phil Jackson Charley Rosen | ISBN: | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. However, the book was not at all what I expected. Click here for the lowest price! Nachdem Sie Produktseiten oder Suchergebnisse angesehen haben, finden Sie hier eine einfache Möglichkeit, diese Seiten wiederzufinden. Hello Select your address All Hello, Sign in. More Than a Game by Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley (2002) Paperback | | ISBN: | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. looking forward to the next book. Buy a cheap copy of Maverick: More Than a Game book by Phil Jackson. Lets say you had to coach 0.500 team, that would never win a championship, but who played the triangle to perfection. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. März 2001, Beliebte Taschenbuch-Empfehlungen des Monats, Vorherige Seite verwandter Gesponserter Produkte, Nächste Seite verwandter Gesponserter Produkte. AS THE GAME REVEALS THE PLAYER, SO DOES THIS BOOK REVEAL THE COACH Phil Jackson is the most celebrated coach in basketball today, earning that respect by guiding his teams in Chicago and Los Angeles to an astounding eight NBA championships. Philip Douglas "Phil" Jackson is a retired American professional basketball coach and former player. Finden Sie hilfreiche Kundenrezensionen und Rezensionsbewertungen für More than a Game by Phil Jackson Charley Rosen(2002-03-01) auf Amazon.de. Momentanes Problem beim Laden dieses Menüs. Refresh and try again. It doesn't go completely X's and O's, but you do get a pretty good dose of it. English 4h 36m. This is written before the start of the 2000-20001 series after the Lakers had one the previous season title. Fabulous read on what it takes to lead some of the greatest athletes. By Phil Jackson - More Than a Game (Seven Stories Press) (2001-03-27) [Hardcover] Phil Jackson. A fairly interesting basketball book co-authored (in alternating chapters) by Phil Jackson and Charlie Rosen. $51.99 Next page. Jetzt online bestellen! Audio Cassette, 9781565114555, 1565114558 Lot's of inside stuff in PJ's personal life and Coaching career. The back and forth between Charley/Phil added a lot of color to the book and worked well to reaffirm why the technical aspects of the triangle offense also can serve as a life philosophy. Especially as a Lakers fan, I learned more about the early 2000s Lakers and overall enjoyed this book. Jackson focuses more on documenting his famed 'triangle offense' in this book compared to his other efforts. Mass Market Paperback. The alternating entries provide journalistic insight by Rosen to complement the more direct writing style of Jackson. Leider ist ein Problem beim Speichern Ihrer Cookie-Einstellungen aufgetreten. I've read a few of Phil's books and this was not my favorite. More than a Game covers the years that follow the one featured in the ESPN documentary series "The Last Dance. ‎Phil Jackson's account of the Lakers' game-by-game progress through the 1999-2000 season and his views on the state of the NBA is supplemented by his friend Charley Rosen's novelist's impressions of the Lakers, Los Angeles, and the league. This book covers up Phil Jackson's first ring with LAL. Phil Jackson is the most celebrated coach in basketball today, earning that respect by guiding his teams in Chicago and Los Angeles to an astounding eight NBA championships. As a Lakers fan, I found the book very interesting as it describes the journey towards the first championship won by Shaq and Kobe. Um die Gesamtbewertung der Sterne und die prozentuale Aufschlüsselung nach Sternen zu berechnen, verwenden wir keinen einfachen Durchschnitt. Great book for anyone that loves basketball and isn't afraid of a little in depth discussion of strategy. For me reading the book, it was very interesting to hear how one of the greatest coaches of all time thinks about his job and career. I read this book after watching the inspirational documentary “the last dance.” I am not a huge basketball fan, so I didn’t really understand all the name drops. Maverick More Than a Game Mass Market Paperback – January 1, 1976 by Charles Jackson, Phil with Rosen (Author) 5.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. I do remember that the potrayal of the progession of the NBA seasons is well done. Buy More Than a Game Abridged by Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley, Rosen, Charley (ISBN: 9781565114555) from Amazon's Book Store. Charley Rosen is the coauthor with Phil Jackson of the New York Times bestseller More Than Just a Game. Wählen Sie die Kategorie aus, in der Sie suchen möchten. More Than a Game von Phil Jackson, Charley Rosen - Englische Bücher zum Genre Politik, Gesellschaft & Wirtschaft günstig & portofrei bestellen im Online Shop von Ex Libris. Prime-Mitglieder genießen Zugang zu schnellem und kostenlosem Versand, tausenden Filmen und Serienepisoden mit Prime Video und vielen weiteren exklusiven Vorteilen. The back and forth format between Jackson and Rosen was less annoying that it appeared to be the first few chapters. 150 Best New Cottage and Cabin Ideas. Heimlieferung oder in Filiale: More Than a Game von Phil Jackson, Charley Rosen | Orell Füssli: Der Buchhändler Ihres Vertrauens März 2001), Rezension aus Deutschland vom 20. March 1st 2002 I breezed through this short book and enjoyed much of the book. This is Jackson in his prime, transitioning from the Bulls … His coaching record deteriorated, but he enjoyed coaching them and they ran the triangle well. Some parts were interesting, especially about the bulls and even working with Shaq. More Than a Game von Jackson, Phil portofreie Lieferung in Österreich 14 Tage Rückgaberecht Filialabholung Geben Sie es weiter, tauschen Sie es ein, © 1998-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. oder Tochtergesellschaften, Übersetzen Sie alle Bewertungen auf Deutsch, Lieferung verfolgen oder Bestellung anzeigen, Recycling (einschließlich Entsorgung von Elektro- & Elektronikaltgeräten). Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published Phil Jackson. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Only for the serious fan, I would guess. When he coached the Chicago Bulls, Phil Jackson's game plan was to create a secure yet open environment that could develop the character and chemistry of his players. An enjoyable quick read. As an author, professor, and psychologist,... To see what your friends thought of this book. More than a Game covers the years that follow the one featured in the ESPN documentary series The Last Dance. The second half of the book was great it was just a matter of making it to the second half that was the problem. I enjoy basketball but am not a huge watcher. And the more interesting ones, I'd add. Hardcover, 9780872234390, 0872234398 Lets say you had to coach 0.500 team, that would never win a championship, but who played the triangle to perfection. More than a Game | Jackson, Jackson | ISBN: 9780743444118 | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. A great read for any hoops fan. Más información del audiolibro. I recommend this book. We’d love your help. More items to explore. Un libro da leggere se si è appassionati della NBA. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. "More than a Game" is a non-fiction book set mainly during the early 2000s. Pretty good. Lessons in Leadership from the legendary Phil Jackson. Eh. Though Phil Jackson won six NBA titles in eight y… More Than a Game by Phil Jackson, Charley Rosen. Narrado por Phil Jackson. Which 10 NBA players from any era, who never appeared in an all-star game or made an all-NBA first team, would you choose for you, My question for Phil would be, “Tex Winter describes his time at Northwestern University where he coached good students, but not the best basketball players. The centerpiece is Jackson's account of the Laker's first championship under his coaching. So I didn't love the structure, and even Phil's parts were a little bit too into what happened, and not rich enough into the mindsets and the behind-the-scenes juicy stuff about why things really happened. Good read....a little long in certain parts especially for those with a much more basic understanding of the game, but overall it was really interesting. Hello, Sign in. fun read. Try Etwas ist schiefgegangen. Author (s): Phil Jackson, Charley Rosen. Eine Person fand diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus den Vereinigten Staaten vom 11. Wählen Sie ein Land/eine Region für Ihren Einkauf. - 2001 - Hardcover Francesc Zamora. Fast and free shipping free returns cash on delivery available on eligible purchase. See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions. Jackson's prose is kind of wooden but they both have some interesting stories from basketball history. In More than a Game, Jackson and Rosen look backward to their origins as players and coaches, forward to the future of the game of basketball, and linger in the moving target of the present—lavishing page after page on the Triangle Offense and all the ways it reveals the essence of the game of basketball they both love so much. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. This is Jackson in his prime, transitioning from the Bulls to the Lakers, a master of … More than a Game is the odyssey of Jackson's journey--from New York Knick and world champion, to CBA coach, to six-time Chicago Bulls world champion, to this year's... Free Shipping on all orders over $10. In More than a Game, Jackson and Rosen look backward to their origins as players and coaches, forward to the future of the game of basketball, and linger in the moving target of the present—lavishing page after page on the Triangle Offense and all the ways it reveals the essence of the game of basketball they both love so much. Maverick: More Than a Game by Phil Jackson, Charles Rosen. Phil Jackson's account of the Lakers' game-by-game progress through the 1999-2000 season and his views on the state of the NBA is supplemented by his friend Charley Rosen's novelist's impressions of the Lakers, Los Angeles, and the league.Though Phil Jackson won six NBA titles in … As a whole, it was quite enjoyable and informative. I was probably about 13 when I read this so I don't have a very vivid recollection of it, but I remember being satisfied with it. 4.7 out of 5 stars 182. Außerdem analysiert es Rezensionen, um die Vertrauenswürdigkeit zu überprüfen. Which 10 NBA players from any era, who never appeared in an all-star game or made an all-NBA first team, would you choose for your team?”. And he is as relentless in searching for the truth about himself and the world of professional athletes - on and off the play field - as he is in scoring points for his team. More Than a Game: Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley, Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley: Amazon.sg: Books. More Than A Game von Jackson, Phil; Rosen, Charley beim ZVAB.com - ISBN 10: 1583220607 - ISBN 13: 9781583220603 - Seven Stories Press,U.S. Insightful....but vague at times also....still a good read....a lot of the jargon lost me at times, but was fine once I saw the glossary. Start by marking “More than a Game” as Want to Read: Error rating book. More Than a Game (English Edition) eBook: Jackson, Phil, Rosen, Charley: Amazon.de: Kindle-Shop Wählen Sie Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. The key to his success, he thinks is his ability to understand the complexities of the players as well as the intricacies of the game. Championships are great, but they don't last. Donald Goines.