That’s enough to work its magic. It’s also one of the most expensive. I’m using in the right way? Hi Gio, I just logged on to Paula’s Choice website and noticed they have reformulated this product. Second, this ain’t no bottom-shelf, Amazon-reseller serum. Go for it! The best C E Ferulic dupes. … And I don’t mind the ‘crappy smell’ ? I’m going with Paula’s Choice C15 Super Booster. , Maria, it sucks when you can’t use something! But there are many anti aging superstars that still work wonders , Is it better to use in AM? Vitamin C turns brown. And when the mission’s accomplished, the serum should be used ASAP. They’re powerful on their own but when they mix with vitamin C, they become invincible: These days, I don’t even consider a vitamin C serum unless Vitamin E and ferulic acid are in it, too (that’s why I’m NOT a fan of The Ordinary Vitamin C serums…). Launched around 2012, the Skinceuticals Skinceuticals CE Ferulic: $166.00/£135.00 at Dermstore and Look Fantastic. But these are just minor details. SkinCeuticals is adored by beauty editors, skincare gurus, and dermatologists alike for its smart, scientifically backed formulas, including its cult-favorite antioxidant serum, C E Ferulic… ... Professional strength, proprietary antioxidant serum containing Vitamins C, … Until it becomes useless. PS I searched for patent no 7179841 and application no 11032931 at: https://fees.uspto.gov/MaintenanceFees and https://portal.uspto.gov/pair/PublicPair. I’m curious if Paula’s Choice would’ve adjusted the formula in the UK (assuming the patent expired there) but hasn’t in the US. Skinceuticals CE Ferulic has a dark, UV-tinted bottle to protect its precious contents from UV rays. If anyone has ordered Transparen-C and also has experience using CE Ferulic… Marta, it is similar but not a dupe. At $80 for one ounce, Drunk Elephant’s serum is half the price of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, which costs an eye-watering $166 for the same volume. Yes, you can start with PC but I’d recommend you use it only every couple of days to give your skin time to get used to it. Skinceuticals Ce Ferulic Dupe Into The Gloss Related Since its launch, C E has become one of the most widely adored merchandise on the market and not just by pros Skinceuticals Ce. I will try it every other and see how this goes and introduce hyaluronic acid in my routine as well. , I’ve wanted to try some ferulic acid serum since I read about it on your blog. My primary concern is photo protection btw. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum has become our essential morning pick-me-up for the face.. We were pretty sure there … This vitamin C-infused facial serum has over 40K reviews and basically a five-star rating—oh, and it’s only $20. The cheaper brand cannot go as low as skinceuticals and therefore, product does not have the same delivery. That’s the “problem” with fragrance-free products. They both fight free radicals (ferulic acid destroys THREE types of free radicals!) I’d go with Paula’s Choice C15 Booster just because you’re getting the same formula for a fraction of the cost. But while I was googling it I learnt that it’s also known as hydroxycinnamic acid. Thanks – love love your site! I’ll take it slow. Maybe they left them out because people usually only ask about the percentages of vitamin C. Hi, I recently discovered Paula’s Choice when I was researching cruelty-free alternatives to Lancome. I’m a tell-it-like-it-is skin coach and author on a mission to help you achieve your best skin day ever - every day. (Light exposure can essentially destroy vitamin C’s potency, by the way.). This isn’t something you can forget in a drawer for 6 months and still expect it to work. What’s Ferulic Acid And Why Should You Use It? It is classified as “last chance” as they have changed the packaging and the name. FYI: L-Ascorbic Acid only works in high concentrations. Neither product has vitamin E. Ferulic acid and vitamin C work better with it but you will still get good results without. It is strange that Paula’s choice doesn’t have the concentration of ferulic acid and d-a-tocopherol like it does for Vitamin C, this causes me to pause considering it, it should be around 0.5% and 1% to match Skinceuticals’, otherwise there are cheaper versions of just L-ascorbic acid. The Phloretin is oil free. As far as the antioxidants are concerns (vitamin C, vitamin E and Ferulic acid), nothing has changed. They’re both lightweight and fast-absorbing. The both come in bottles with dropper applicators for ease of use. It seems the main change is that they’ve added more hydrating ingredient to the formula to give more moisture to the skin. L-Ascorbic Acid is very fussy. And the most unstable. Now you don’t know which dupe to get. Is it similar to Skinceuticals serum? This is a very, very convincing dupe of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum, which is $120 an ounce. It has a 3.3 pH level, making it less irritating on sensitive skin and claims to last up to 72 hours (even when the product’s been rubbed off). Retinol VS Retinoid: What’s The Difference? Yes, Timeless 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum is a great dupe for Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. I love this one from Paula’s! One of the reasons that the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Serum is so hard to mimic is that SkinCeuticals patented the serum’s blend of active ingredients (15 percent L-ascorbic acid, 1 percent vitamin E, and 0.5 percent ferulic acid). Unfortunately, it’s an active ingredient that’s pretty challenging to stabilize, making skin-care products made with it among the pricier ones on the market. This highly advanced antioxidant serum uses 15% pure L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E) and ferulic … I did find it on sale at Walmart.com for $132. It’s the pure form of Vitamin C. The most effective. Lydia, I know L’Oreal is suing brands that are infringing on this patent. Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Also, Lancome can be very pricey. That serum is … Three reasons: Let’s compare what they do now, shall we? Yes! It’s between 2.0 and 3.5 and they use the lower ph. Paula’s Choice C15 Booster comes in a white and orange bottle that immediately makes you think of Vitamin C. In the morning, after cleansing, to supercharge sun protection. Cos’ I heard that we should use vitamin C serum 10% and above at night only. By “degrades”, I mean it loses a bit of its effectiveness overtime. However, if you can’t fathom tossing out nearly $200 on a serum, according to the internet (and a substantial number of stellar reviews and side-by-side comparisons), you don’t have to invest the $166 to reap the benefits of this powerful triad of ingredients. Yes! After they hit the 1%, ingredients can be listed in random order on the label. Maria, you’re welcome. The Skinceuticals … I will probably continue to toggle between them, using CE Ferulic … While the Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum is another cult favorite when it comes to skincare—and certainly not the most wallet-friendly option on the list—it’s still almost 50 percent cheaper than the SkinCeuticals serum. If you have sensitive skin, you’re better off with one of its gentler derivatives. It’s that good. You can try keep using the Timeless serum but on every other day. Some people claim you can’t use Vitamin C during the day because it makes skin more prone to sun damage. Colette, look at your moisturiser or sunscreen first. I hope you can provide us your opinion on this change. If you have sensitive skin, you’re better off with one of its gentler derivatives. As a vitamin C newbie with dryish skin, is the PC product a good one for me to start with? Is Timeless 20% Vitamin C + Ferulic Acid Serum A Dupe For Skinceuticals CE Ferulic? It glows. Poohnie, yes, that’s another great dupe. You can’t act as if the are the same, they are definitely not! Original Ingredients: Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (hydration), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (texture-enhancing), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (texture-enhancing), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydration/skin replenishing), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (skin-restoring), Glycerin (hydration/skin replenishing), Panthenol (skin replenishing), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). Just saying…, Related: Why You Should Avoid Skincare Products That Smell Too Nice. You’ll know when that happens. I am a big fan of your site! C-Firma Day Serum is another cult favorite when it comes to skincare—and certainly not the most wallet-friendly option on the list—it’s still almost 50 percent cheaper than the SkinCeuticals serum. Definitely one of my faves. See price on Amazon. Excellent. My Fave Dupe For Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. This makes it very difficult to create a Vitamin C serum that works. SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic is another one of those products. This is important because if the formulation isn’t properly balanced, not only might it be less effective, but because vitamin C has a pretty short shelf life, it can go “bad” as early as one to two months after opening the bottle.