I’ll do it anyway… a 4/1 mixing ratio goes like this. When a lot of newbie enthusiasts get into automotive painting there is something that usually confuses them. Thanks for your tip I plan to join sometime I just have to get money straight I have more goin out then coming in at times. See you as VIP soon . Get it? I wet sanded it with 2000 then buffered. Click below! Be cool! So if you have been following along so far I really shouldn’t have to explain this one for you . No worries. I UNDERSTAND GOOD YOUR CLASS. vglnk.api_url : Thanks Tony you give some really great tips. s.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? We have females in the VIP club kicking butt! I am not sure what you are doing wrong. For example, if your mix ratio is 8:1 or 8 parts water to 1 part solution, there are (8 + 1) or 9 parts. Single stage paints are a stand alone type of paint. Using to check out our TRS Store, Ranger HEY HEY VERY GOOD YOUR JOB. I live in Nova Scotia and it’s hard on vehicles up here. the point of this article, we're going to go with a mix of paint Determining Ready-to-Use Costs from Concentration . 4 parts of your clear coat to one part of your hardener. Like this post? Although ratios vary widely across several products, solvent based metallic paints are mixed in the ratio of 2:1 (2 parts paint: 1 part thinner) while water based paints are mixed … I think the ounces scale will work the best since I cant find a mixing cup with 8:1:2 mixing ratio. But YOU ARE SENSEI.!!!!!! Subscribe for Free Auto Body Lessons by Email. If you're What do you recomened for rust so that i can finish my project sooner. If your mix ratio is 4:1 … You simply add 2-parts of reducer instead What was wrong? carefully though because some paints list it as paint : reducer Below Thanks again for all your dedication. }(document, 'script')); The They allow you to achieve color and gloss with a single product. Simple. thanks tony for the video. Mixing Ratio: 6 ESSS 1 ESH200 1 ESX500/510/520/530/540 Pot Life: 2 hours @ 70ºF( 21ºC ) / 50% RH NOTE: High heat and humidity will shorten pot life Pressure Pot Set-up: HVLP Conventional … shows 8:1:1? and finally add activator (hardener) up to the '5' at the black You don't want to get these ratios mixed up. Canesters on top or below which is better? You will have five sprayable quarts. Get over 100 hours of step-by-step EVERYTHING Auto Body & Paint in VIP! Base Coat Clear Coat Paint’s as you may know are todays newest paint products. … for how much paint we want to mix (in this case '5'), and then Epoxy primer. 8:1:1… Tony What do you recomend on spray guns to paint . LIMCO’s primary paint system, Supreme PLUS, is a basecoat developed specifically for use in automotive and production shop facilities providing better color … var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api', The feedback that I get indicates that there is confusion about mixing ratios. mixing, it's best to get some mixing cups that have the mixing with paint, then add activator up to the '5' at the blue line ---. So 16oz of paint… Hold up the paint mixing cup and locate the corresponding mix ratio along the top of the cup, in this case 8:1:1. Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits - Starfire. When mixing, it's best to get some mixing cups that have the mixing ratios printed right on the … Blog. with paint, then add activator up to the '5' at the blue line ---. And now he wants to help and teach you so you can customize, fix or restore any type of project you desire with professional auto body instruction and materials. : hardener. Using the 8:1:1 ratio markers, pour in the thinner. as an example, we would pick a number on the 8:1:1 chart for how He's helped tens of thousands of people just like you from all parts of the world. A 4:1:1 ratio means you want to use four parts paint for every one part reducer and clear coat, and a 3:1:1 requires three parts paint … of hardener, and (1) part of reducer. It's I like the HVLP Gravity feed. I AM FROM ARGENTINA. Select a dilution Ratio, Enter a Container Volume Size and Click Calculate. / Reducer). I am currently in the works of restoring my 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier VL Coupe. Awesome Bill. It’s glossy and durable. i will become a member soon. Tony, Iam restoring a 72 truck and I was about to pay someone to do it and pay a lot of money.Till i came across your web-site and iam thankfull for the sites you have been sending me.I have the truck tore down and primered. If you want to get technical, use a #2 Zahn cup to measure the viscosity of your paint… A general mixing ratio for single stage paints is a 8/1/1 mixture. much paint we want to mix (in this case '5'), and then fill the When a mixing ratio is given as a percentage, convert the percentage to a fraction, then think of the fraction as parts solvent/parts paint. Glad you’re enjoying the content. At the indicated time, add the hardener, filling the container to the right 8:1:1 level. line ---. First let’s talk about single stage paints. Or better yet the mixing ratios. I PAINTING MY CAR TANKS AT YOUR VIDEO. There is no way I ever could have pulled this off without your help. Great mixing container marked with ratios. Feb. 10, 2021. GOOD GOOD. GREAT PAINTER AND MASTER OR MORE. Omni acrylic enamel with hardener tech sheet calls for 8:1:1. Usually depending on the brand you get you have a 4/1 or a 2/1 mixing ratio. Awesome Mike! Very easy. re-using the same cup to mix your paint during the paint job and (8:1:1 When Subscribe to stay in touch and come back often. of 1-part. EVERYTHING Auto Body & Paint in VIP! Consult your paint container's label for mixing ratios. From Nova Scotia, Canada. Please feel free to comment and post your feedback below, we would love to hear from you! always looking for good content to share with Mix the paint and thinner together. var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r); i am looking to finally paint my car once i get my lambo door kit on and my air suspension. That’s awesome that you’re doing all of this to your ride. Other brands may be a little different, but now you have the basic idea. By 15 he had painted his first car, and by 19 he ran his own successful auto body and paint shop. … We went to '6' with the reducer because we added one more part cup up to the '5' at the red line --- In this video we go over how to properly mix paint and how to understand mix ratios. Tony grew up painting cars and bikes. And while the style is old school, its 2K, single-stage paint … So figures of 2:1:1, for example, will relate to two parts of automotive paint, 1 part of hardener and 1 part of reducer. is a 1-Quart mixing cup that would generally be used to mix Content. You know it has the measurements on it. Basically my thought was the paint to reducer is a 2:1 ratio. You have nothing to lose and all to gain. Many brands require a paint, reducer and clear coat ratio of 4:1:1 or 3:1:1 for good single-stage coverage. A general mixing ratio for single stage paints is a 8/1/1 mixture. Cheers buddy! This means to use three parts of paint, one part hardener and one part reducer. The parts consist of We're talking parts. fill the cup up to the '5' at the red line --- paint going in to a paint gun. Thanks guys for your help, Berry you were correct the mixing ratio is different, its 8:1:2, 8 parts paint,1 part activator and 2 parts of reducer. How many people have seen those E-Z mix cups or really any plasitc paint mixing cup with the mixing ratios on the side. Then it won’t matter if you put your leftovers from your gun back into the can of your unmixed base coat. have the parts ratios that I needed. Auto body and paint expert, Author and Instructor. Well, mixing automotive paint is really a lot simpler than you think. It makes it a LOT easier if you know your paint viscosity and can apply the drip test every time you’re getting ready to paint. Why educators should appear on-screen for instructional videos; Feb. 3, 2021. I guess that when I get the extra $$$ I will become a VIP. When '//cdn.viglink.com/api') + '/vglnk.js'; We're paint : hardener : reducer. Your Main Paint in which ever color you desire from metallics to solids. you mix paint, the direction generally calls for parts in a other Ford Ranger enthusiasts. / Reducer). However, some paint manufactures add hardener second, and thinner/reducer last. get the ratio. Magazine Thanks for sharing. For a Gallon of clear in your bucket, you’ll add one quart of hardener… and the last time I checked there were still 4 quarts in a gallon. Have Similarly you could mix #3Tsp# sugar with #3Tsp# butter and that initial #1:1# ratio … the 8:1:1 (8-parts paint, 1-part hardener, and 1-part reducer) Share this site with all you know… that would be the ultimate payback! Check out the links below…. The frame is painted black and almost finished. key: 'a681dde15d2caef382aa0137ce096166' }; In this video Kevin Tetz shows you that mixing paint isn't all that difficult when you have the right supplies. Automotive paint mixing ratios.That’s why you may be watching this video and reading this blog post. I used the most expensive (Dupont) clear coat but it did not come out like new car paint. Check out the bottom of the testimonials page…. Depending on how well your paint looks when checking the viscosity while mixing and doing the drip test like I show you how to do in the VIP area of this site, you may need to add more reducer give or take. For Hi Tony, I really would like to thank you for all of your great tips and knowledge information sharing. you really have lot of stuff here in free area itself, wondering how much would be there in VIP, hoping to join soon as i am waiting to get some money. Eastwood’s Single Stage Urethane Paints give you a great finish on your restoration project. 8-1-1. … Make sure you remember to use a (function(d, t) { The measurements will be displayed in a ratio such as 3:1:1. Hold up the paint mixing cup and locate the corresponding mix ratio … TANK YOU VERY MUCH. Your Main Paint in which ever color you desire from metallics to solids. Paint / Activator 7 benefits of working from home; Jan. 26, 2021. ratio charts right off of the cup. At the same time the ratio of the two different sized skids present is also #1:1# If you had to mix oil and water in a #1:1# ratio you would need to mix #1L# of each into a container that will hold at least #2L#. You have to check the directions I’d like to re-paint my car myself, but I’m unsure if I can do it and not make a mess of it. You will have 3 basic paint materials. Then I need to add the activator at the end in the required amount. You can look through the outside of the cup or the inside, as the ratios are printed on both the interior and exterior of the cup. Buyers Guide. I do more engine work and done some body work in my time one of these day I do want to spray one of my own. Click below! Five strategies to maximize your sales kickoff The mixing percentage is 11.1% (1 divided by 9). Learn more about the VIP club and how it can help you at: https://www.learnautobodyandpaint.com/vip-trainings. Really impressed with the content that you provide. With a 3:1 mix ratio (3 parts paint … I would assume you are not buffing correctly… maybe it would be beneficial to join our VIP community…? You will have 3 basic paint materials. needed to mix up some paint, but the measuring cups I had didn't When you are ready for your next job, just mix again and you’re ready to paint. (8:1:2 OK SEE YOU LATER. How To Repair and Paint Your Truck Step by Step – Part 1, Painting Auto Body Panels And Blending Paint, https://www.learnautobodyandpaint.com/vip-trainings, Wholesale Morrells Opaque H.C. Free Pre Catalyst Primer | Woodwork, Car Flipping program. Ranger Station, Submit Remember that the mixing ratio is written sequentially. Reducer to thin down your paint so you don’t end up with. I Making things simple for you is our business. This silky, throwback color delivers a uniform low gloss and a deep-looking finish radiating with sinister intent. i just ordered a turbo kit just need all the performance parts for inside the engine. ratios printed right on the cup. I always mixed mine one or two quarts at a time, because if something goes wrong,,,you wont waste any paint. Now in his 30's Tony pours his everyday passion into LABAP VIP to help teach this amazing skill to anybody who want's to learn auto body and paint. Base coat mixing is always a 50/50 mixture. lol yes, body work can cost a LOT! its a 2000 saturn sc2. How To Flip Cars For Profit. var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; Hardener which is also known as Activator. It will wipe the Think of it as woman’s nail polish. The for it. Custom trunk lid with frenched crooked license plate. Need another example? Both are a catalyst which helps your paint cure and dry for a lasting finish. So Single-stage paint … line ---. Common mixing ratios are 4:1, 8:4:1, 2:1 and 4:2:1. So I'll mix that in the cup first. This mixing ratio is for the ShopLine product by PPG. what if the ratio calls for 8:1:2, and your mixing cup only Relive the glory days of backyard builders with Ditzler® Hot Rod Black topcoat. ratio of parts in your mix. It's easier and less confusing to print 8:1:1 … Which the cup is on top. and finally add activator (hardener) up to the '6' at the black you don't wipe any on the outside of the cup. your wiping it out between coats with lacquer thinner, make sure No clear is necessary to produce a gloss. right now it has a custom spoiler, body kit, racing seats. in the example above, we would pick a number on the 8:1:1 chart PaintForCars Starfire High Solids Acrylic Enamel Automotive Kits, are a single-stage, fast drying, easy to spray durable finishing system … Each ratio … strainer when you pour the mix in to your gun. If you are looking to get into automotive auto body and paint for a special project, or a money making venture, we would love to help you get started and off the ground quickly. Eastwood Single Stage Urethane Paint. The ratio of 8:1:1 means it calls for (8) parts of paint, (1) part of hardener, and (1) part of reducer. If you have left over, just cap it in a glass jar or your paint can and seal it up. The water borne paint is also a base/clear paint. That’s the general mixing ratio for a single stage paint. I show you the short-cuts of the trade within the VIP members club of this site. Paint / Activator Ratio: 1:5 1:8 1:10 1:15 1:20 1:24 1:30 1:40 1:50 1:60 1:80 1:100 1:120 1:150 1:200 1:300 Container Volume: Litres … Hope this post cleared a lot of confusion out of the air for you! Your paint never goes bad. If you want to learn more about the Learn Auto Body And Paint VIP Membership community and how it can help you …feel free to check it out. So for every 8 cups of paint you pour into your large mixing bucket you’ll have to add 1 cup of reducer and 1 cup of hardener. In simple terms, let’s use 8oz cup sizes in this example because like you already know, there are 8oz in each cup. Mixing Single-Stage Paints Gather your paint and other required materials. This Sherwin-Williams All-Purpose Mixing Container is marked with both traditional measurements and mixing ratios. With thousands of raving VIP members from all backgrounds, ages and regions worldwide learning how to restore and customize their ride, there must be something we’re doing right. Info To Share? I am twenty six years old and a Mechanical Drafter but enjoy a bit of painting for myself and a few friends as a hobby.Thanks so much Tony, your the bomb buddy! Example: 64:1 for 55 gallons, you would multiply the 2 ounces of chemical by 55 to get what you add to the water. All of this mixed up will give you 10 cups of paintable material. Feel Like Learning more? ratio that looks something like 8:1:1. Would you use the same sray gun for primer and paint. We want to be as accurate as we can with out causing too much brain damage. You can lay a few coats of paint and you’re done. A mixing ratio given as 4:2:1 normally means 4 parts of base product, 2 parts thinner/reducer, and 1 part hardener. When mixing clear coat again, pretty simple. crucial to the quality of your paint job that you get the right Let's use 4:2:1 as our example this is a common mix ratio … Home, Click recently painted my Bronco II and ran in to a situation where I Once you add your hardener,,,thats it. (1-part) to the final equation to get 2-parts. OK It's a simple question, but how would you guys mix up paint that has a ratio of 8:1/2:4 using mixing cups? Omni acrylic enamel without hardener tech sheet says 4:1 So, using the hardener, the ratio of solvent to paint is the same. Some paint mixes leave off the third number since they don't require reducer. : hardener : reducer. can get your submission posted and acknowledged Check the markings on the paint measuring stick to ensure the correct ratio … YOU ARE A EXPERT OF AUTO BODY AND PAINT. Click on the 'Submit' button to find out how you ratio of 8:1:1 means it calls for (8) parts of paint, (1) part You can use the same gun for primer and paint. It will get hard. 1 cup of base (your paint color) + 1 cup reducer = ready to paint. ahh if you really want to to it, you can!