The series is airing in the U.S. through HBO Max and premiering one episode weekly. #venenohbomax, THIS IS THE BEST SHIT IVE EVER SEEN AND NO IM NOT GETTING PAID TO SAY IT #veneno #laveneno #hbomax, #VenenoOnMax is BEYOND. Only the wizards of TV know the answer, but today I come to you to say that the perfect pilot episode does exist and it is waiting for you on HBO Max. Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox. ... How Veneno creators hope to spread love and … Now go forth and get some. I am floored by the heart, the humor, the EVERYTHING of this series. Veneno is … HBO Max is a stand-alone streaming platform that bundles all of HBO together with even more TV favorites, blockbuster movies, and new Max Originals for everyone in the family. The eight-episode series on HBO Max follows La Veneno as she rises to fame after being interviewed by a newscaster on a street where she was working. HBO Max has previewed two of its upcoming originals: Valley of Tears, premiering on the streaming service on Thursday, November 12; and Veneno, launching on Thursday, November 19. Those who have seen it feel the same exact way I do, starting with. With Lola Rodríguez, Isabel Torres, Paca la Piraña, Daniela Santiago. The biographical docuseries profiles Cristina Ortiz Rodríguez — better known as “La Veneno,” which translates to “poison” — a Spanish transgender entertainer, sex worker, transgender activist, and media personality.. Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now. Background. La Veneno (Cristina Ortiz) was one of the most beloved transgender icons of the 90s. [17] The series also talks about the importance and relevance of the mass media, how they can popularize or marginalize in just one second. Subscribe. Only the wizards of TV know the answer, but today I come to you to say that the perfect pilot episode does exist and it is waiting for you on HBO Max. In the 1990s, Spain rebelled against its totalitarian dictatorship and moralist values by taking pride in the country’s underground culture. At every stage, Cristina is surrounded by trans women who form a community of protection, care, respect and joy. HBO Max’s ‘Veneno’ follows Valeria, a journalism student who finds out that they have more in common with La Veneno than she … Instead of settling in for a typical romantic … The series brings to life the real story of Cristina, whose career launched during the 1990s when international late-night-talk shows found a market in interviewing individuals who brought a “shock factor” to their audiences. “Veneno” is a co-production between Atresmedia Studios, Suma Latina and HBO Max. @hbomax WoW https://t.co/HTQf9mwnjH. While the series is named after Cristina “La Veneno,” it arguably centers just as much more on Valeria Vegas (the eventual writer of Cristina’s biography). Did you miss it? Actor Trace Lysette was moved, which is honestly unavoidable when watching this series: Actor Wilson Cruz didn't want the pilot to end: Actor Johnny Sibilly knew he had just witnessed greatness: And actor and writer Jen Richards took the words right out of my mouth: As for me? Based on the memoir by Valeria Vegas “Not A Whore, Not A Saint: The Memories of La Veneno,” Spanish creators and directors … Baby! I cant wait to get to the next episode and I never want it to end. Veneno, a critically acclaimed 8-episode series available on HBO Max, is based on the biography of legendary trans figure Cristina “La Veneno.” Created by the Spanish queer couple “los Javis”, who are best known for creating the comedy series Paquita Salas, the show has plenty of strengths but perhaps most refreshing is its focus on trans solidarity before trans pain. Based on the memoir by Valeria Vegas “Not A Whore, Not A Saint: The Memories of La Veneno,” Spanish creators and directors Javier Calvo and Javier Ambrosi aka … Listen, I get it, these days it feels like a new show comes out every 10 seconds and it's just too hard to keep up with it all — but when I tell you HBO Max's. Veneno Series Premiere Date "Veneno" Release Date: Veneno aired on HBO Max on November 19, 2020. All Rights Reserved. and homophobic slurs. HBO Max Debuts Trailer and Key Art for the Max Original VENENO. #VENENO #girlslikeus. Created by Javier Ambrossi, Javier Calvo. With Lola Rodríguez, Isabel Torres, Paca la Piraña, Daniela Santiago. After receiving widespread critical acclaim overseas, the hit Spanish television series Veneno debuted on HBO Max Thursday. “Veneno” is a co-production between Atresmedia Studios, Suma Latina and HBO Max. The series will be based on Valeria Vegas' memoir of the Ortiz, “Not A Whore, Not A Saint: The Memories of La Veneno." Los Angeles, CA. California residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. Based on the memoir by Valeria Vegas “Not A Whore, Not A Saint: The Memories of La Veneno,” Spanish creators and directors Javier Calvo … Her outrageous outfit, curvaceous body and shining personality made her a hit and her rise to stardom made her one of the first widely known trans women in Spain and across the world. I'd say more about the series or about Cristina's life, but I obviously don't want to spoil anything for you. If you do choose to watch it, might I STRONGLY suggest you watch it in its original language, Spanish. The 2020 biographical series La Veneno captures her rise and fall in a respectful, honest and gorgeous manner by not only telling Cristina’s story but that of all the trans women who made up her community. “Veneno” premiered in Spain earlier this year and will make its U.S. debut when HBO Max drops the first two of its eight episodes on Nov. 19. I thank god every day for the trans women in my life. After receiving widespread critical acclaim overseas, the hit Spanish television series Veneno debuted on HBO Max Thursday. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. veneno on hbo max – TheFutonCritic.com has veneno news, listings, dvds, episode guides and more for veneno Veneno premiered internationally on HBO Max starting November 19. A colleague here at Queerty stumbled onto this gem, a Spanish-produced TV series that landed stateside on HBO Max. Do you have a tip for Veneno on HBO Max? “Veneno,” available on HBO Max starting Nov. 19 (the final day of Trans Awareness Week and the eve of the annual Trans Day of Remembrance), is an import from Spain, where it aired earlier this year on the streaming service Atresmedia Premium, and tells the story of Cristina Ortiz Rodríguez, a real-life trans pioneer better known by the name La Veneno (Poison). Ni puta ni santa. We have compiled all the latest updates about Veneno, cast, characters and trailers on this page. Javier Ambrossi, who created and directed the show alongside Javier Calvo, told, Now, don't just take my word for it. Post-graduation, they hope to continue documenting stories of marginalized individuals and uplifting others’ voices through writing, design, and video. The eight-episode series on HBO Max follows La Veneno as she rises to fame after being interviewed by a newscaster on a street where she was working. © 2021 Chaos + Comrades. #venenohbomax page to see all fresh series! Atresmedia / HBO Max Cristina first rose to fame when she was interviewed by a reporter in 1996 at Parque del Oeste in Madrid, where she worked as a sex worker. Show Info Show: Veneno Available On: HBO Max. The show stars Isabel Torres, Daniela Santiago, Lola Rodriguez, Paca la Piraña, Goya Toledo, Ester Exposito, Jedet and Lola Dueñas. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. You can always use the English subtitles if needed, and it provides the most authentic viewing experience. Veneno (previously Veneno: Vida y Muerte de un Icono) is a 2020 Spanish biographical television limited series, created by Javier Ambrossi and Javier Calvo that aired on Atresplayer Premium in Spain from March 29, 2020 to October 25 of that same year. But the show shines in its ability to not let these moments dull the brightness of the joy Cristina and the women around her feel when they are with one another. This February, get ready to swoon over HBO’s must-see series, movies, and documentaries. "I am floored by the heart, the humor, the EVERYTHING of this series." Streaming November 19 in advance of Transgender Day of Remembrance (November 20),Spanish creators and directors Javier Calvo and Javier Ambrossi bring the most beloved transgender icon of the 90s, Cristina Ortiz (La Veneno) to 2020. Stream Friends, Looney Tunes Cartoons, Wonder Woman, the Studio Ghibli collection, and so much more.. HBO is the streaming option for all of HBO, including original series, movies, specials, and more. “Veneno” is a co-production between Atresmedia Studios, Suma Latina and HBO Max. A biographical story of La Veneno, transgender icon and TV personality, and those who surrounded her. HBO Max is an over-the-top subscription service owned and operated by AT&T and run through WarnerMedia.It distributes a number of original shows, including original series, specials, miniseries, and documentaries and films. Ok...VENENO!!!!! I have to collect myself from the most exhilarating 1st episode of #VenenoOnMax and when I do... we are going to have to talk. You May Also Like The Night Of (HBO) Created by Javier Ambrossi, Javier Calvo. In the show, she is played by three different incredible actors (Jedet, Daniela Santiago, and Isabel Torres) at varying stages of Cristina's life — with each one forming one cohesive image of who Cristina was as a person and how she came to be the phenom Spain knew and loved.