We will use packaging tape to “laminate” the cover on to the front of your notebook. Find Science Cut Ups that meet your curriculum needs by using the descriptions below each item in the catalog. Using the template, teachers can easily delete or add text boxes, graphics, and frames. It All Adds Up! Interactive Science Notebook (ISN) This book belongs to _____ if found please return to Mrs. C.D. You asked for it. Interactive Notebook: Earth & Space Science is designed to allow students to become active participants in their own learning by creating interactive science notebooks (ISN). (Choose science type based on class.) Staying current with notebook entries is vital to your success in this course. 9. In this post, I will be referring to the Science Digital Interactive Notebook Templates – you can use these for ANY science unit! This blog post is about my second set of interactive notebook inserts or warm -ups. SETTING UP ROUTINES AND PROCEDURES For Interactive Notebooks… Units: Becoming a Scientist, Chemistry, and Earth Science Notebook # 1 Notebook #2 Notebook #3 Page # Left Side Classroom Activities, Notes, & Labs Page # Right Side Practice, Review, Reading, Analysis, Conclusion, or Reflection Notebook #1 ‐ Becoming A Scientist Unit INTERACTIVE SCIENCE NOTEBOOK MY ADVENTURES IN SCIENCE YOUR NAME YOUR PERIOD Mrs. Cawley 2017-2018 • No RIPPED OUT pages or torn corners • No DOODLING that doesn’t relate to science • Notebook should be used for SCIENCE CLASS ONLY • DATE AND NUMBER each page • All entries must go into the Table of Contents • BE COLORFUL, NEAT & LOVE YOUR NOTEBOOK. Interactive Notebook: Physical Science, Grades 5-8, encourages students to create their own interactive science notebooks that become a great resource for reviewing and studying for tests. Your notebook will live in our science classroom. Hood Rm. Step 3. Rubric for ISN & Pages 1-7. The guide includes: an explanation of Output; 10 new visual examples of Output; my recommendations for teaching Output ; Sign up now! So, most didn't know their passwords. These are the expectations for unit title pages: Every time we start a new unit, you will create a unit title page. Your Free Guide to Interactive Science Notebook Output. This time, they sorted by number of legs. Interactive Science Notebooks 1. Interactive Science Notebooks. This blog post will teach you the basics of digital interactive notebooks and help you navigate your way into a technology filled learning experience. Draw a diagram of something that reminds you of physical science. Science Cut Ups are manipulative activities designed to help teach science concepts and/or science process skills. Every year I seem to debate what I am going to use for my notebooks. I also asked them to write down their user name and password for our online textbook. Activities That Really Measure Up. Getting started - Step 1: Science Notebook My Name My Grade On the cover, write your name and period #. YOU are a scientist! Believe it or not! This ended up being a set of 59 warm ups or pages that cover cell structure and function, photosynthesis, respiration, and mitosis and meiosis. I completed my new interactive notebook cover pages. It includes 29 lessons in three units of study in physical science: matter, forces and motion, and energy. Even though we may not think it, scientists are very organized. Save Save. Search This Site. 4/6/2014 ISN Table of Contents Date Description Page Grade Christina Hood Stockbridge Middle School 2013-2014. We took the vocabulary the kids came up with and worked together to create an Interactive Science Word Wall that the kids continued to use throughout the unit. You can print out the Table of Contents (ToC) from the unit page. 825 Stockbridge Middle School. Your ISN should be strengthened with Duct tape or packing tape. Write your homework in your binder reminder. Decoupage Technique: Open your notebook so the cover page can be worked on without getting glue on other pages. Students are able to take an active role in their learning as they create fun, interactive notebook pages for each new language arts topic. They had to include their name and class. Unit Cover Page & Tab. Each page within your interactive notebooks should aim to cover your standards and evaluate your students understanding of those standards. Remove your hat if you're wearing one. Glue the rubric to the inside back cover of your notebook. That said, Ms. da Silva does keep her own ISN and can help you get caught up if you are a new student, absent, or misplace your ISB. Creating your Interactive Science Notebook Cover Create the Title Page for your notebook. Digital Interactive Notebooks are quickly taking over the world. ISN covers are due on Tuesday, September 3rd. Their notebooks contain their closely their closely guarded secret findings, and sometimes patented solutions to problems. Design Cover. Choosing a Notebook. Interactive Science Notebook I have had several people asking me what I have students write under the flaps in my Science and Social Studies Interactive Notebooks. Unit title pages are always on the right hand side. Presented by Annette Holder Portions adopted from M. Wells, E. Dubose, and T. Burleigh Interactive Science Notebooks Science Notebook On the next day, we repeated this process. Lost your notebook? Last year, I told the students to design their own cover pages. You’ve got it! This digital Google Slides resource provides editable Interactive Notebook Templates that you can One tool they use to keep organized is a notebook. For example, if your class is studying “Ecosystems” you can create and save a separate interactive notebook just for that topic. A tool for scientists to record their thinking and their learning before, during and after a science investigation. science notebook covers girl--1 label per girl in your classroom thick clear tape--for covering the labels so they stay on the whole year ribbon to use as a bookmark (optional)--12-15 inches per child; I used old ribbon that was donated to me several years ago. Step 2. Everything from science class will be written in this notebook. 4/6/2014 Christina Hood Stockbridge Middle School 2013-2014. About the author. If you need assistance on how to edit and/or utilize Digital Interactive Notebooks in Google Slides for your classroom, you have come to the right place! Starting with the first page, number the first 50 pages. Looking for free printables to help you organize your notebooks, so you can quickly visually differentiate between subjects? Cover Page About the Author Table of Contents Reflections Research Welcome to jennifer wright's (electronic) interactive science notebook! Today I am sharing some photographs of what you could have your students write underneath the flaps of my Science Notebook. The instructions given in the book lay out an easy-to-follow plan for setting up, creating, and maintaining an interactive notebook for earth and space science. Come in take out binder reminder, pencil, and science notebook; everything else goes under your desk. Engage your students in exciting science lessons with this interactive science journal. Procedure: Entering the Room Enter quietly and politely. Right hand side notes can be photocopied, BUT you will need to recreate the left hand side notes. Remember to add science related words and/or scientific images to the cover. These adorable printable covers are a great way to personalize inexpensive notebooks and binders. These instructions are written for STUDENTS, who should each be responsible for maintaining their own INTERACTIVE SCIENCE NOTEBOOKS. And, I am very happy with how they turned out! Science Notebook Cover Assignment Due date: Friday, September 2, 2011. (Que Evil Laugh) Mahahahahaha. I stuck with regular spiral lined notebook for years. Bring this notebook with you everyday to class. Numbers should be small and at the top outside corner of every page. Then, draw a diagram of something that reminds you of earth, life, or physical science. My Interactive Science Notebook: Cover Page Author's Page Weekly Reflections NSTA Resource Reflections AMLE Reflection Get in the Game with Team Density. Having pHun with Soil. Your interactive notebook should have a decorated cover as well as an author’s page Your interactive notebook should contain a detailed table of content, inside the front cover. Planning ahead of time will also help your interactive notebooks to have a stream-lined, cohesive look and will help you plan out a variety of interactive notebooks cutouts and elements. If you are absent, copy the right side entries from another student, complete the left side on your own and be sure to update your table of contents. We used the word wall to write about our animals in our science notebooks. I've created two sets of FREE school subject labels, one sized for standard spiral notebooks, and one for bound composition books. Interactive Science Notebook(Ack: Mrs Ryan, AZ science teacher) InteractiveScience Notebooks. This science notebook is perfect for science centers in Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade classrooms and packed full of interactive science activities.. Students will learn about science topics such as magnets, senses, weather, plant science, and much more! It comes with 3 predesign covers, but you can create your custom cover by editing the master.It includes white digital paper with no lines, grid and ruled. Label your school notebooks by subject with FREE notebook cover labels! You can choose between landscape or portrait mode. Each page of the notebook should be numbered USE COLOR. They're perfect for interactive notebooks, or… Title: Science Notebook Cover Pages .pptx Author: Cori Melton Created Date: 2/19/2019 1:11:21 AM Requirements: 100 sheets; Composition book (not spiral) Paper cover (not plastic) Both wide-ruled or college-ruled are okay. Interactive Notebook! This free 7-page guide answers the most popular questions I receive about Output in Interactive Science Notebooks. Again--I had the kids choose a way to sort the animals. Interactive Science Notebook. Unfortunately, many kids did not do this. Download Printable Math and Science Notebook Covers for your child’s school workbooks, notebooks, journals, or binders! In these videos, I will be referencing the Editable Digital Interactive Notebook Templates in this post. It should be colorful, creative, and neatly done. Interactive Science Notebook. Interactive notebooks are an engaging new way to teach and reinforce effective note taking in a creative and personalized way. Please cut and paste a cover onto your Interactive Science Journal. This set covers a unit on cell structure and physiology. Draw a diagram of something that reminds you of physical science. How to Create an Interactive Science Notebook (ISN) ... On the cover, write your name, grade, and period number. Even though you can use the landscape digital notebook for a presentation, I though of this template for a paperless assignment. As part of this graded assignment, the Interactive Science Notebook title and your name need to be clearly visible on the front. Science by Stafford Sisters show what a science interactive notebook looks like. This project was assigned last Tuesday. One side spine at top, a small piece of the duct tape that corresponds to your class color. Requirements: 1. Plus, get OVER 15 MORE STEAM/STEM themed printables perfect for back to school!