A Husky Pitbull Mix doesn’t like to be alone, 6. The Husky Pitbull mix is an incredibly active dog, which means that it will need a lot of food consumption when its energy levels go down. This hybrid is generally intelligent, athletic, and loyal. Great Dog! Eventually recognizing the American Staffordshire Terrier instead. I let her out to roam around the house and to potty on her pupp pads play and train her the badic commands atleast 5 times a day for an hr an hr n a half. Perhaps this isn’t the breed for you. The United Kennel Club (which does accept Pitbull registrations) describes Pitbulls as confident, intelligent, willing to work and eager to please, enthusiastic, and extremely friendly, even with strangers. Characteristics of Pitbull Husky Mix Pitsky Highlights:. I just plain simple tell my dog in a excited way “go eaty eaty” (in my language ofcourse xD). A puppy of two healthy parents with good temperaments shouldn’t be cheap. I think it is because she doesn’t eat until my daughter gets home and she gets home very late at night from work. I rescued Goliath from a couple who found themselves homeless. They are about a year old. I don’t think I would ever own another breed, he’s perfect. He’s coming 6 yrs old in February. Distrust from the public, may make other people uncomfortable. It toook a whole month after we brought him in at 3 months. It’s a medium to large dog breed at about 16 to 25 inches tall, weighing between 30 to 80 pounds. I know someone who has pitsky puppies that are 7 weeks old. This mixed dog breed has a lifespan of 12 to 15 years and weighs between 40 and 80 pounds. I hope those are some usefull advice! The Pitbull Husky Mix, aka Pitsky, is a loving, high-energy dog that can vary in size and looks. My first Shepherd grew up as I did and wanted to be where I was at all times. Let’s address concerns over Pitbulls, and whether they should stop you getting a Pitbull Husky mix. He’s bonded to us so quickly and has learned so many commands and he’s only 11 weeks. Black and white coat similar to a huskys more, along with one brown eye and one crystal blue. She definitely isn’t to old for training! Pitbulls and American Staffordshire Terriers are very alike. Unlikely crossbreeds are enjoying a period of being very fashionable. She also won’t kill chickens anymore but will give chase for fun if she feels up to it. There are plenty of other amazing breeds out there that might be perfect for you. 76 were caused by Pitbull-type dogs or Pitbull crossbreeds. His worse habits are digging and talking back. His amazing, in 3 days his available. This breed can live up to 12-15 years and has a friendly and loving personality. Excited to raise him!!!! The pitbull husky mix , also known as a Pitsky, is a loving and friendly dog, which makes her an ideal pet. There aren’t a lot of rescue organizations out there specifically for a Pitbull Lab mix. He weighs in at 62 pounds with a 22 inch neck and 21 inch head. Of he does like to go after the ball then you could start with introducing him to the ball, just lay it infront of him and let him smell, touch and so. If the pitbull side comes from good stock and has been well socialized, it really shouldn't have aggressive tendencies, contrary to popular belief. You should expect to pay at least $500. This will prevent choking. His eyes may be blue or they may be brown. Pitsky is a cross of a purebred American Pitbull Terrier and a purebred Siberian Husky, also known as Pitbull Husky Mix. They refused to accept the breed onto it’s registry. The Veterinary Journal. These dogs are the ancestors for the modern day Pitbull. Do you know one that’s older? Temperament . What can I say I’m in love with Ivory my 5 month old Pitsky she knows sit lie down (verbal) and finger snap comands) when she is ready to eat she will bring you her bowl she learned this on her own. Normally, mixed-breed dogs tend to have moderate temperaments, but they can have the characteristics of their parents and sometimes in unpredictable combinations. They are both known for being affectionate with people, the APBT particularly Upbeat and social, these dogs are a match for people who have similar characteristics. My lovable idiot didn’t get involved, he wiggled his way out of it and was off in the yard wagging his tail like a ditz. The Pitbull. This way you already have an idea of what a particular dog is like, what his character strengths and flaws are. Different from pitbull Dachshund that is a crossbreed between Pitbull and the Dachshund, this Husky Pitbull is a crossbreed between a purebred Siberian Husky or Alaskan Husky and American Pit Bull Terrier. I have a 2 year old girl. Will we be okay by the time is allowed in public to still train her to behave well? The other part of their genetics is going to come from either the Siberian Husky or the Alaskan Husky. My family and I just rescued a pitsky. 2015. I believe that my pit-bull might be pregnant with a Husky that got into our yard. I just got a Pitsky, hes the sweetest thing. This dog wants a whole lot of socialization when they are young. He’s sweet, if not sometimes overly enthusastic about playing. Inevitably, they gained a reputation for being dangerous (which is exactly what the dangerous people who owned them wanted). These loving and friendly dogs can live anywhere from 12 to 15 years, probably due to its active and healthy lifestyle. He listens to any and every command given. Lugz also rarely barks, loves children, has never bitten and plays well with other dogs of all sizes. Exercise is important to the health and mental well-being of any dog, but especially to your Pitsky. Known as the Pitsky, this is a mixture of the American Pitbull and the Siberian Husky. Hi Kevin, When I try to tell her no with a stern voice she barks, tries to snap at us and gets rough. They love to play fetch & ours does better than other breeds I’ve had that will actually bring it back & let you have it to throw again!!!! Hopyfully, Pitsky will open their eyes! Took her to vet and they are running some tests. Neither breed is well suited to being alone. So putting them together is likely to have a more predictable outcome than mixing breeds with more disparate temperaments. Having some toys, designed for heavy chewers, like these, will help you to keep him happy at home after he’s had his exercise. If that works and he still nips at people throwing other objects (frisbee’s for example), try to build it up with random objects; this can probably be done faster then the first time with the ball but you got to check how your dog is reacting. A “happy accident” we were told. Pulled leash and popped my finger once, so now Im afraid to take her out. The iconic Akita is known for being loyal, noble and loving. The Veterinary Journal 2004, Packer et al. The pitbull husky mix is a medium to large sized crossbreed. I want one but my boyfriend said no bc he wants a dog he will form a bond with, This is a perfect dog to bond with, as she is very attached to her owner . Trying to look into getting one for our first family dog…any ideas where I can buy/adopt a puppy? When we adopted Blu the mother dog’s owner posted on face book that she was the mother. Height. I am looking to find a Pitsky in any Ohio area. Besides brushing, you should also take time to deal with her several other needs: Most of these dogs inherit the Husky’s ability to find themselves a way out from any enclosure, so check your yard before bringing your Pitsky home. And SMART!!! This hybrid is generally intelligent, athletic, and loyal. Would also be great to envounter a balanced dog who knows how to properly tell yours that he/she is not happy with his biting, but be carefull with that! The Pitbull Husky Mix is an ideal match because while Huskies are intelligent, they are often stubborn and ornery. Despite its large size, it can be the perfect lap dog if you have enough time for it. They are a relatively healthy breed. We just adopted a Pitsky from the human society! 15 minutes during which your dog has to stay focused on something will make her more tired than a long walk. Make sure she has a cloth/mesh harness on before a walk. Your dog could inherit any mixture of genes from its parents, including coat color, size, personality, and more!